Zappos.com - Glossary Terms
In addition to offering a wide variety of shoes, clothing, handbags, accessories, and more! We strive to provide you with the best service in the industry. We feel it is our duty to not only provide you with great service, but we would also like to provide a reference guide for you to learn more about us and our industry. We are giving you the inside scoop to our company glossary so you can learn about shoes, handbags and accessories just like us. We hope this guide is useful to you and will make you feel more confident about the features that our products provide. Enjoy!
- An insole that provides thermal reflection to keep your feet warm and cozy.
- A style of sleeve that has a diagonal seam on front and back, extending from the neckline to the underarm.
- Fleurville brand fabric made by processing recycled plastic water bottles combined with nylon and polyester, to make a lightweight, environmentally friendly fabric.
- Pick any time in footwear history, and chances are Zappos has something from that era. Find your favorite authentic and classically inspired styles in this "Retro" section. View the Retro Collection
- a hard silvery-white and durable metal that has a high reflectance. It looks similar to sterling silver and is a member of the platinum group.
- Riding Boot
- A boot designed specifically for equestrian activities. Ususally knee-high with goring and a low heel. This term can also describe boots that are designed to look like riding boots.
- The part of the shoe where the foot enters. Another term for collar or top line.
- Round Bertha Collar
- is a bib style collar made of a large round cut piece of fabric that is overlayed and draped around the neckline creating a half-moon shape.
- Round Cuff
- A cuff on a dress shirt with a round outer top edge.