In regards to the care and cleaning of UGG® Australia footwear, we would like to set forth the following guidelines for our sheepskin footwear.
DO NOT APPLY CLEANER & CONDITIONER DIRECTLY ONTO SHEEPSKIN FOOTWEAR
- Hand wash only. DO NOT use a washing machine.
- Moisten sheepskin footwear with clean, cold water.
- Wet entire boot when cleaning to ensure equal drying or you could end up with visible water lines.
- Dilute Cleaner & Conditioner with ½ water and ½ Cleaner & Conditioner.
- Apply a small amount of diluted Cleaner & Conditioner to a clean wet sponge. DO NOT apply Cleaner & Conditioner directly onto footwear.
- Gently scrub to clean entire area. Sheepskin has a delicate surface, which can be damaged if scrubbed aggressively, or with an undiluted concentration.
- Rinse clean in clean, cold water; wring out excess water; lightly stuff with paper towels to hold shape; allow to dry naturally and slowly. DO NOT dry in direct heat or sunlight.
- Once footwear is dry, lightly brush with a very soft suede/nubuck brush in one direction only.
- Use a mixture of 2 tsp. baking soda and 2 tsp. corn flour to deodorize and soften the inside of the boots. If you wish, you can add a few drops of an essential oil to create a sweet scent. Shake the mixture into the boots and let it stand overnight. Shake the excess out the next day.
To help prevent initial staining of sheepskin footwear, we recommend using the Water & Stain Repellent as directed on the bottle prior to wearing.
- Spray the sheepskin surface evenly until it appears wet, but not soaked.
- Let the boots dry naturally for at least 24 hours. DO NOT dry in direct heat or sunlight.
- Lightly brush in one direction with a very soft bristle suede/nubuck brush to raise the nap and natural tracking.
- Please note that when properly used, UGG® Australia Water & Stain Repellent with a suede/nubuck brush will help to raise the nap and natural tracking.
Please note that when properly used, UGG® Australia Water & Stain Repellent and Cleaner & Conditioner will help to prevent and/or remove/reduce stains. Like any fine garment, sheepskin is delicate and not all stains can be prevented or removed.
You can use the UGG® Sheepskin Care Kit which has everything you need to take care of your beloved UGG® Australia Sheepskin items.With proper care and cleaning, you can expect your footwear to last longer, but we in no way guarantee that it will remove all stains nor prevent stains from occurring.