- View the Video Description for this product! (Please note that the color shown in the video may no longer be available.)
- Long hikes with a ton of gear don't scare away the Trekking Heavy Crew by Smartwool®.
- WOW technology offers a reinforced sole for excellent comfort and durability.
- Heavy, full-cushioned sock with excellent shock absorption, insulation and support under heavy loads.
- 3 x 1 ribbed cuff with a flat knit toe seam for added comfort.
- Elastized arch brace for added comfort and support.
- Materials: 80% Merino wool, 19% nylon, 1% elastane.
- Machine wash warm and tumble dry low.
- Sold in a 3-pair pack.
- Made in the USA and imported.
Find something wrong in this description? Help us fix it! Report An Error
This item is currently unavailable, but here are some similar products
No Similar Items Available
We can't currently find any similar items for the Trekking Heavy Crew 3-Pack by Smartwool. Sorry!
Interested in new Smartwool products?
They believe in the power of comfort. Simply put, it’s the belief that as long as you’re comfortable, you can do anything you put your mind to. Our lives and experience have given us a real understanding of what comfort means to a body in motion, and they’ve made it our mission to use this knowledge to help you better enjoy the outdoors. Staying comfortable all day, every day.
At the heart and soul of every SmartWool product is the amazing fiber they use: nature’s finest Merino wool. Used properly, they think it’s the best fiber available for outdoor apparel - manages moisture better than cotton, smarter than synthetics and more comfortable in any weather condition.
In our hands, it becomes extraordinary.
NOT ALL SHEEP ARE CREATED EQUAL: Introducing ZQ™
ZQ™ is an accreditation program, designed to ensure environmental, social and economic sustainability for growers, improve animal welfare and provide a means to trace end products back to the source.
By supporting ZQ™, they are supporting the ideology of fair trade. They encourage all companies, including our competitors, to do the same.
BEYOND THE FIBER
We make Merino wool more comfortable through innovative fabric creation and smart construction. Through specialized knitting technologies they’ve created fabrics that maximize the benefits of merino wool. They use smart garment construction to create products that offer the right amount of wool in areas where the body tends to chill and less where the body tends to run hot for maximum temperature regulating, comfort and performance.
Like you, they would rather be outside playing than inside doing laundry. So they’ve made most of our products easy care; meaning you can throw them in the washer and the dryer right along with the rest of your clothes. Just to be safe, though, always make sure you check the care label inside the garment.
SOME FUN SMARTWOOL FACTS
• One sheep “haircut” = One wool fleece = 10 pounds of wool = 40 pairs of SmartWool socks or 7 pieces of SmartWool Next-to-Skin Midweight
• An average SmartWool Sock has 500,000 individual fibers of wool.
• A standard cone of yarn weighs three pounds and has almost 25 miles of yarn. They use well over half a million cones of yarn a year – that’s enough to circle the earth 500 times. Talk about spinning a yarn.
• Merino sheep are fine boned and active with white wrinkled faces, white legs and pink noses. Rams have horns. They instinctively follow each other but don’t like to lead. All merino sheep are fluent in baah.
0% Full size too large
0% Half size too Large
100% True to size
0% Half size too small
0% Full size too small
100% Felt true to width
0% Felt narrower than marked
0% Felt wider than marked
0% Excellent arch support
83% Moderate arch support
17% No arch support
Smartwool Trekking Heavy Crew 3-Pack
Living in the northeast, my feet are like blocks of ice come late October. These socks not only keep them warm, but also don't make them sweat. After several wearing and washings they show no signs of pilling. I love the SmartWool brand and highly recommend these socks.
- Jennifer T - customer
- November 19, 2011
Quite possibly the best socks in the world. I've been buying these for years for both my husband and myself. They are so comfortable I can't stand to wear any other socks on my feet. So glad they have them at Zappos now. They are thick and cushion, very soft (not itchy at all if you're sensitive to wool fibers) and very warm. OK, they're a bit pricey but you'll grab for them any time you need socks. I purchased some 100% alpaca socks thinking they would be softer and warmer than these, but they weren't even close. Get some and I bet you'll be back for more pairs.
- Anonymous - customer
- from OH
- October 29, 2010
- Lisa M - customer
- March 26, 2012
Fantastic. I am a 9.5 and the medium fit perfectly even after washing. Very warm and comfortable, quit shopping and buy them.
I'd also recommend: UGG
- Anonymous - customer
- from Erie, Pa
- February 8, 2012