- View the Video Description for this product! (Please note that the color shown in the video may no longer be available.)
- For the runner that demands the best to carry him mile after mile, there's the New Balance® M2040.
- Part of the Heritage line from New Balance.
- A running shoe built for the moderate overpronator who requires a combination of cushioning and enhanced stability.
- Durable leather upper.
- Breathable mesh inserts.
- 3M® reflective details promote visibility in low-light conditions.
- Plush tongue and collar for added comfort.
- Dual-density collar for extra cushioning and support at the heel.
- Polyurethane insert supplies an added layer of stable cushioning.
- ENCAP® midsole provides optimal support and durability.
- REVlite midsole is exceptionally responsive and long lasting, while also being 30% lighter than other midsole foams with comparable performance.
- Blown rubber outsole offers flexible, light cushioning.
- N-Durance® rubber outsole delivers optimal durability in high-wear areas.
- Built on a SL-1 last. This last type has a standard toe box width, a standard instep height, and a standard heel width.
- Made in the U.S.A.
- Weight: 1 lb
- Product measurements were taken using size 11.5, width D - Medium. Please note that measurements may vary by size.
Find something wrong in this description? Help us fix it! Report An Error
This item is currently unavailable, but here are some similar products
No Similar Items Available
We can't currently find any similar items for the M2040 by New Balance. Sorry!
Interested in new New Balance products?
Since the days of selling arch supports to police officers and waiters, New Balance has been a brand concerned with meeting the needs of the everyday athlete. In pursuing this goal, they developed an "Endorsed By No One" philosophy, which holds that a superior product will sell itself better than any superstar athlete ever could. Part of producing New Balance shoes and athletic clothing is manufacturing it to fit all widths and sizes, because a better fit produces better performance.
To ensure the best fitting, best performing shoes and clothes, New Balance focuses on improving their technology and production methods. A big part of that is maintaining five manufacturing facilities here in the United States where they continue to produce New Balance shoes and apparel that meet the standards they've employed for 100 years. They have also remained committed to a core set of values that include integrity, teamwork and total customer satisfaction.
0% Full size too large
15% Half size too Large
77% True to size
8% Half size too small
0% Full size too small
100% Felt true to width
0% Felt narrower than marked
0% Felt wider than marked
62% Excellent arch support
38% Moderate arch support
0% No arch support
New Balance M2040
Every 5 years, I buy a new pair of the top of the line new balance. The m2040 is by far the best shoe I have ever worn. It is light weight and the fit and performance is the best I have ever experienced. I used it on a 5 mile hike on very steep hills and it was 100% comfortable with no break in required. I was truly impressed.
- FRANK E - customer
- from CLEVELAND
- April 13, 2012
I was buying New Balance shoes from over two decades. I pick the highest number in New Balance for my tennis and running. I bought this shoe recently and is a great addition to my athletic pursuits. It is comfortable, great cushioning, support, fits true to size. Helps work out longer hours running or walking, etc. I would say buy this shoe if you love yourself and see yourself healthy soon.
I'd also recommend: Rockport
- Prem - customer
- from Melbourne, Australia
- June 3, 2012
Best shoes ever owned! My wive bought the 2040's for me for Fathers Day. When I saw the price tag, I was taken back, but from the second I slid my feet in these shoes, it fit my feet like a glove. After lacing them up, I could barely feel that I had shoes on my feet. Very light, comfortable and worth every penny. Also, I ran my first 8 miles in them and my feet felt great. Lots of support and cushioning. Great job NB...another fine home made product!
I'd also recommend: Brooks
- Anonymous - customer
- June 19, 2012
I bought these for two reasons. Loyalty to New Balance and curiosity. I usually spend around $150 for a pair of New Balance running shoes, even though I'm not a runner. I saw these listed while shopping and wondered, "is it possible to justify a pricey sneaker?" Yes, it is justifiable. They're comfortable, but in a good walking shoe way, not as soft and cushiony as say a typical running shoe. They kinda feel like Ecco's. They look fantastic. I don't know how they did it but they pulled off a shoe that looks like it cost a lot. The downside is that I'm afraid to use them for anything but for when I need to wear my "dress" sneakers.
I'd also recommend: Ecco
Felt true to size
Felt true to width
Moderate arch support
- Doug N - customer
- from Cuyahoga Falls
- September 18, 2012
Expensive shoe, worth the money. Well made, comfortable; the muted colors work in a casual business setting. I bought these for my husband who has severe foot problems. Out of the box, he took them on a 5 day 6 city business trip, and came back smiling with no foot issues at all. Made all his extensive walking easy. And any shoe that can get you through both the Dallas and DC airports in comfort is worth 5 stars.
- Terry P - customer
- from San Diego, CS
- May 8, 2013