Zappos.com Associates Program
(sometimes known as an affiliate program)
What is the Zappos.com Associates Program?
The Zappos.com Associates Program (aka affiliate program), operated by Zappos IP, Inc, allows third parties to place links, ads, and other types of visual references on their websites to direct traffic to Zappos.com. This strategy encourages third party websites to promote our brand and drive customers to their website. In turn, associates earn money when customers use associate referrals to make purchases on our website. It’s a win-win situation! Our program is based off of a Cost-per-Action structure, where we pay the associate a commission on the total sales (not just clicks) he or she drives to Zappos.com.
Mission Statement = Core Value # 1:
What is the Zappos Family’s #1 core value? To deliver WOW through service! Here at Zappos, we do whatever it takes to deliver the utmost happiness to our customer, whether it entails free shipping or super fast delivery. Customers have grown to love Zappos and we want them to love you too!
Why Work with Fortune 100’s #11 Best Company to Work For?
Associate marketing is a great way to gain customers and earn money. Who better to do it with than Zappos.com, the #1 online shoe store?! We have over 1,000 brands of shoes, handbags, and accessories and are excited to be promoting an impressive array of products from our fast growing apparel category.
With the Zappos.com Associates program, you will enjoy competitive commission rates, working with a website that has a strong traffic-to-sale conversion rate, and working with an accessible and responsive Associate Management team.
Sign Up in 5 Simple Steps
1) Sign up to be an associate under the Commission Junction network. Zappos IP uses this network to manage all of its associates.
2) Once approved, implement CJ tracking on your site. CJ has a step-by-step process for implementing the correct tracking.
3) Add Zappos.com product information on your own website. This can be done by accessing a data feed that Zappos provides on Commission Junction.
4) Drive customers to your site using unique strategies and content.
5) Make money when a customer clicks on Zappos.com links or products through your website and completes a purchase!
Ready to Sign up? Register here!
If you have any physical presence or if any part of your business operations is located in the following states, you will not be qualified to participate in the Zappos.com Associates program:
- Rhode Island
- Illinois (effective 5/31/2011)
- Connecticut (effective 6/10/2011)
- Arkansas (effective 7/24/2011)
If you already are an Associate for Zappos.com, you must notify the Associates Team 24 hours prior to establishing a physical presence or operating an extension of your business in any of the above states. Please e-mail all questions, concerns and notifications to Associates@Zappos.com.
What Happened to Canada?
As of March 2011, Zappos.com no longer ships to Canada as we were unable to maintain our WOW level of service outside of the U.S. We apologize to all of our customers and associates for the inconvenience.
What is the Associates Program?
The Associates Program is our name for an affiliate program. It is a marketing channel used by Zappos.com to encourage third parties to find new and creative ways to help promote and drive sales to Zappos.com.
How much does it cost to be an associate?
Nothing! The entry to be an associate is absolutely free. After you are accepted into the program, you can earn money every time you drive a sale to Zappos.com.
- How do I get paid? And how often?
You will get paid by Commission Junction according to all completed sales customers make through your site. Associates are paid at an 18% Cost-per-Action (CPA) commission rate for each completed sale by a new customer and an 8% Cost-per-Action (CPA) commission rate for each completed sale by a repeat customer. New customers are defined as those customers making a first purchase in their account. Associates are paid once a month.
- What is the Zappos.com cookie duration?
Zappos.com tracking cookies last 30 days. If a user is directed to Zappos.com through an associate’s efforts and returns within 30 days to make a purchase, the associate will earn the commission.
- Can I be an associate on behalf of more than one site?
Absolutely! An associate is allowed to own more than one site. You may also be an associate that manages sub associates.
- Are Zappos.com associates allowed to partake in business overseas?
No, Zappos.com associates are not allowed to do business overseas.
- Can an international website be an associate?
The Zappos.com Associates program does accept international associates. However, please note Zappos.com does not operate business internationally. International associates are allowed to drive U.S. traffic to our site, though we do not ship packages to international locations or permit international associates to drop ship to international customers.
- Does Zappos allow reseller customers and associates?
No, Zappos and the Associates Program do not permit reseller activity.
- Does Zappos partner with associates who want to operate their own drop shipping program?
No, Zappos does not partner with drop shippers.
- Does Zappos partner with loyalty incentive, coupon, or discount based associates?
No, Zappos does not partner with loyalty incentive, coupon, or discount based associates.
- Does the Zappos.com Associates program fall under Amazon’s affiliate program?
No, The Zappos.com Associates program is separate from Amazon’s associate program.
- When does Zappos.com reverse commissions?
Zappos.com has the ability to reverse commissions when a customer’s purchase is returned or activity occurs that is outside the limits of our program terms.
- How do I sign up?
- How do I create links?
Smart links are available after enrolling with Commission Junction. You may also access the Zappos.com data feed that includes HTML links with tracking for you to implement in your site.
- What is a data feed?
A data feed is an electronic list of data that provides information on our product pages including SKU, price, product description, links, images, and more. Once associates are enrolled in Commission Junction, they will be able to access and promote products available in the Zappos.com data feed.
- Does Zappos.com have API accessibility?
Yes. Associates are allowed to use a Zappos.com API key. For API access, please e-mail Associates@Zappos.com to discuss the implementation and tracking details.
- How will you know that orders came from my site?
Zappos IP works with Commission Junction to drop a 30-day cookie on a customer’s computer when visiting Zappos.com from an associate site. A pixel is also fired to track the customer’s transactions.
- Does the Zappos.com Associates program offer exclusive coupons for its associates?
No, the Zappos.com Associates program does not offer exclusive coupons or discounts for its associates.
- Does my site qualify?
Please read the terms and conditions before applying for the Zappos.com Associates program. If you still have questions regarding the qualification of your associate application, please email Associates@ Zappos.com
- What type of strategies can I use to promote Zappos.com
- Choose one of our banners and link straight to our home page
- Recommend specific shoes
- Add a search box to your website
- Have another idea? Let us know