A Focus on Community Connectivity
In a city famous for its neon and overindulgence, Zappos' downtown campus shifts the focus back to social and environmental responsibility – with an emphasis on urban density and community connectivity.
- We improved the walkability of downtown Las Vegas by replacing some dangerous intersections with more walker-friendly curbs and corners.
- Zappos encourages employees to leave campus and explore downtown and we often host meetings and happy hours off-campus at local businesses.
- Zappos installed more than 85 bike racks on our campus for the beach cruisers and road bikes of employees and visitors. We also built a locker room and shower facility for the hardcore bike commuters.
- More than 60 preferred parking spaces were created for Low Emitting and Fuel Efficient (LEFE) vehicles, plus we installed four electric car charging stations for employees and guests with electric vehicles in 2013, and 4 more stations in 2015.
- We promote carpooling with incentives and preferred parking.
- We worked with the Regional Transportation Commission of Southern Nevada (RTC) to improve bus routes throughout the city for easier commuting by bus.
- In the spring of 2015 we launched an employee-bike share program for employees to cruise around downtown Las Vegas and to explore the community. Read more about it in our blog.