Sweepstakes Terms and Conditions
Zappos Scholarship Sweepstakes
OFFICIAL SWEEPSTAKES RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
1. PROMOTION PERIOD: The Zappos Scholarship Sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes") is subject to the information in the chart below. All entries must be received during the Promotion Period (as defined below). Any entries received after the Promotion Period will not be considered. The Sponsor's website is the official time keeping device for this Sweepstakes.
Promotion Period: January 29th, 2018 12am Pacific Time (PT) Zone until April 29th, 2018 11:59pm PT Zone
Prize Awarded: $2,500.00
Number of Prizes Awarded: 1
Retail Value: $2,500.00
Date Prize Winner Announced: April 30th, 2018
2. Eligibility Sweepstakes is only open to natural persons who are legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and District of Columbia (excluding Puerto Rico, all U.S. Territories and all overseas military installations) who are at least (13) years of age or older as of the date of entry. Subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Entrants must be a high school or college student. In order to receive the prize, the potential winner must provide proof of enrollment at a college or university. The prize will be delivered via check to the winner’s specified college or university. If the winner is not enrolled at a college or university, the prize will be delivered to the winner’s 529 plan on behalf of the winner, or delivered directly to the winner. See Section 6 for additional details.
Employees of Zappos IP, Inc. (the "Sponsor"), and Edvisors Network, Inc. (“Administrator”) and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries and affiliated companies, divisions, officers, directors, agents, advertising and promotional agencies, as well as members of the immediate family of any such employees, are not eligible to participate or win. The term "immediate family" includes spouses, siblings, step-siblings, parents, step-parents, children, step-children, grandparents, and grandchildren, whether as "in-laws," or by current or past marriage(s), remarriage(s), adoption, co-habitation or other family extension, and any other persons residing at the same household whether or not related.
4. HOW TO ENTER: There are two ways to enter:
Entry Method number 1. Submit an entry online by completing the steps as follows:
a) Click on the Zappos Scholarship link; b) Provide all of the required information to set up an account with Edvisors; c) Follow the Sweepstakes link to www.Zappos.com; and d) Complete the online shopping activity.
Entry Method number 2. Alternative Method of Entry (“AMOE”) submit a mail-in entry via U.S. Mail during the Promotion Period as follows:
a) Hand print your name, date of birth, complete address, phone number (including area code) either on a postcard or on a separate piece of paper no larger than 8½ x 11 inches; and
b) Mail the postcard or paper in an envelope with the proper postage affixed to: Edvisors Network, Inc., Attention: "Zappos Scholarship Sweepstakes Free Entry"; 10000 W. Charleston Blvd., Suite 200, Las Vegas, NV 89135. Limit one (1) entry per stamped envelope. Mail-in entries must be received by April 29th, 2018.
5. Entry Restrictions There is a maximum of one (1) entry per person during the Promotion Period, regardless of the method of entry. Entering more than once during the Promotion Period is prohibited and will not increase your chances of winning.
Entrant will receive one entry for completing the Zappos shopping activity. Mail-in entrants will receive one entry for their mail-in entry. Entrants may only enter via one method of entry. Multiple entrants are not allowed to use the same email address. Any attempt by an entrant to acquire more than one (1) entry during the Promotion Period by using numerous email addresses, registrations, identities, or any other methods will void that entrant's entry and that entrant will be disqualified. The use of automated software or computer programs to register or enter the Sweepstakes is prohibited, and any individual who uses or attempts to use such methods to register or to enter will be disqualified. Valid entries must contain all information required as described in Section 4 above. Incomplete, illegible and/or multiple entries will be disqualified. In the event of a dispute, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. The authorized account holder is the natural person who is assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses. Sweepstakes winner will be selected from online and mail-in entries only. The Administrator will not verify receipt of entries. By entering, entrants unconditionally acknowledge compliance with and acceptance of these Official Rules, including eligibility requirements. Responsibility for receipt of entry rests solely with the entrant.
6. HOW AND WHEN WINNERS WILL BE DETERMINED: One (1) winner will be selected in a random drawing conducted by the Administrator from among all eligible entries received by the end of the Promotion Period. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries. Winner agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and decisions of the Sponsor, whose decisions are final on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes.
7. Prize(s) A check in the amount of $2,500.00 will be delivered to winner's college or university to be applied to the winner's school account, paid to winner's 529 plan or paid directly to the winner. Prizes will be awarded directly to the winner’s college or university, if enrolled; no other option will be available. If the winner is not enrolled in a college or university, the prize will be awarded to a 529 plan, if a plan can be opened and operated at no cost to the winner or if the winner chooses. A check will be written to the winner only if the winner is not enrolled in college or university and is unable to open and operate a 529 plan at no cost and is unwilling to open and operate a 529 plan for which the winner will incur some cost. Georgia residents must be enrolled at a college or university in order to redeem the prize. Total approximate retail value of all prizes to be awarded in this Sweepstakes is $2,500.00. Any and all other expenses not specifically mentioned herein are the sole responsibility of winner. The Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any portion of these prizes for a prize of equal or greater value. No transfer, assignment, change of the prize, or cash substitution is permitted. Each entry will have an equal chance of winning. Winner agrees to accept the Prize “as is”, and entrants hereby acknowledge that Sweepstakes Entities (as defined below) have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the prize, including, without limitation, to the prize’s quality, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose or express warranties (if any) provided exclusively by a supplier that are sent along with the Prize. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen Prize. If prize notification or Sweepstakes-related communication is lost, rejected, faulty, or returned as undeliverable, or if a winner cannot be contacted after a reasonable attempt has been made by Administrator (as determined by Administrator in its sole discretion) or is disqualified, the Administrator reserves the right to randomly choose an alternate potential winner, in its sole discretion. Unclaimed prize(s) will not be awarded. Other restrictions may apply. All federal, state, and local taxes on the prize are the sole responsibility of each winner.
8. Claiming Prize: Winner will be notified by telephone, mail, and/or email within three (3) business days after the Sweepstakes drawing and will be given three (3) business days to confirm receipt of notification. Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for any change of email address, mailing address, and/or telephone number of entrants. If a winner cannot be contacted from the information provided, the Administrator reserves the right to select another potential winner at its sole discretion. The Sweepstakes Entities are not liable if email is not responded to within the time allowed or prize notification letter is lost in the mail or returned as undeliverable when delivery is attempted by regular mail. If, for any reason, more bona fide winners come forward seeking to claim the prize in excess of the number of prizes set forth in these Official Sweepstakes Rules, the winners, or remaining winners, as the case may be, of the advertised prize may be selected in a random drawing from among all persons making purportedly valid claims for the prize. Inclusion in such drawing shall be each entrant’s sole and exclusive remedy under such circumstances.
9. Release Form: : Winner will be required to complete and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release (including, where permitted, a Publicity Release) (the "Affidavit") within seven (7) days of notification, and in any event before receiving the prize. Failure to return the executed Affidavit within that time may result in forfeiture of prize and random selection of alternate potential winner from remaining eligible entries. A parent or legal guardian of any entrant who is a minor must sign a release on behalf of the minor for the minor to be eligible to receive a prize. Winner will be subject to a verification process, to include providing a completed W-9 including the winner's name, date of birth, address, home phone number, work/cell phone number, and social security number or taxpayer identification number.
10. Delivery Disclaimer: The Sweepstakes Entities disclaim all liability for the inability of an entrant to complete an online entry due to equipment malfunction, busy lines, inadvertent disconnections, acts beyond their control, or otherwise. The Sweepstakes Entities disclaim all liability for any delays, mis-delivery, loss, or failure in the delivery of any item sent by electronic transmission or other delivery method. The Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for typographical errors, human, mechanical, technical, electronic, communications, telephone, computer, hardware or software errors, malfunctions or failures of any kind, including: any form of active or passive filtering, insufficient space in entrant’s e-mail account to receive e-mail messages, failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed transmission of online entries, traffic congestion on telephone lines, the Internet, or on any website, or lost or unavailable network connections which may limit an online entrant’s ability to participate in the Sweepstakes, and any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participating in or downloading any information necessary to participate in the Sweepstakes. No mechanically reproduced entries or facsimiles will be accepted. Entries void if incomplete, defective, altered, forged, illegible, or received outside authorized channels. Sweepstakes Entities reserve the right at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual (and all of his or her entries, or any portion thereof) who tampers with the entry process. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion to cancel or suspend this Sweepstakes should fraud, virus, bugs or other causes beyond the control of Sponsor corrupt the administration, security or proper play of the Sweepstakes. In the event of cancellation, Sweepstakes Entities will determine winners in an equitable manner as determined by the Sweepstakes Entities in their sole discretion.
12. Taxes: Any valuation of the prize stated above is based on available information provided to the Sponsor, and the value of any prize awarded to a winner will be reported for tax purposes as required by law. Winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes related to the prize and paying any expenses associated with any prize(s) which are not specifically provided for in the Official Rules. Winner must provide the Administrator with a completed IRS Form W-9 with valid identification and a valid taxpayer identification number or social security number before any prize will be awarded. Any person winning over six hundred dollars ($600.00) in prizes which is paid directly to the person, not sent directly to the college or university or paid into a 529 plan, from the Administrator will receive an IRS form 1099 at the end of the calendar year and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS.
13. Conduct and Decisions: By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to be bound by the decisions of Sweepstakes Entities . Persons who violate any rule, gain unfair advantage in participating in the Sweepstakes, or obtain winner status using fraudulent means will be disqualified. Unsportsmanlike, disruptive, annoying, harassing or threatening behavior is prohibited. The Sponsor will interpret these rules and resolve any disputes, conflicting claims or ambiguities concerning the rules or the Sweepstakes and the Sponsor's decisions concerning such disputes shall be final. If the conduct or outcome of the Sweepstakes is affected by human error, any mechanical malfunctions or failures of any kind, intentional interference or any event beyond the control of the Sponsor, the Sponsor reserves the right to terminate this Sweepstakes, or make such other decisions regarding the outcome as the Sponsor deems appropriate. All decisions will be made by the Sponsor and are final. The Sponsor may waive any of these rules in its sole discretion. Any attempt by an entrant or any other individual to deliberately alter, circumvent, disrupt, damage any website, or undermine the legitimate operation of this Sweepstakes is a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek civil and/or criminal prosecution and/or damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
14. Hold Harmless/Release: As a condition of entering, entrants agree (and agree to confirm in writing): (a) to hold harmless, defend and indemnify Zappos IP, Inc., Edvisors Network, Inc., and their respective subsidiaries and affiliated companies, divisions, parent companies, officers, directors, employees, agents and employees of agents, and advertising and public relations agencies and all others associated with the development and execution of the Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes Entities”), from and against any and all claims, demands, liabilities, damages or causes of action, losses, costs or expenses with respect to or in any way arising out of or related to this Sweepstakes, entrants participation in the Sweepstakes, or the use of the entrant’s entry and the awarding, receipt, possession and/or use or misuse of any prize, including without limitation liability for any travel related to the Sweepstakes, death, personal injury, loss, and/or disability; (b) except to the extent prohibited by applicable law under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential, or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses; (c) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (d) any and all claims, judgments, and award shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, excluding attorneys' fees and court costs and entrant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
15. Miscellaneous: Winner must submit proof of eligibility and sign the Administrator’s Affidavit to claim the prize. The Sponsor may substitute prizes, as well as extend, modify, or discontinue the Sweepstakes at any time without prior notice. The Sponsor disclaims any responsibility to notify entrants of any aspect related to the conduct of the Sweepstakes. The Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical error in the printing of these Official Rules, administration of the Sweepstakes, or in the announcement of the Sweepstakes prize. All entries and information become property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
16. Winner List: For a winner list, where required by law, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope no later than ninety (90) days after the end date of the Zappos Scholarship Sweepstakes to: Edvisors Network, Inc., 10000 W. Charleston Blvd., Suite 200, Las Vegas, NV 89135.
17. Terms and Conditions: All terms and conditions are incorporated into the rules of this sweepstakes.
18. Jurisdiction: By entering, entrants agree that all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of State of Nevada without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules and the United States of America applicable to contracts made and performed entirely in Nevada and where the relevant contacts are with such state. By entering, entrants consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the federal, state, and local courts located in Las Vegas, Nevada.
19. Choice of Law: Any and all legal disputes and lawsuits between entrants and Sweepstakes Entities shall be governed by the laws of the Nevada.
20. Sponsor: Zappos IP, Inc., 400 East Stewart Avenue, Las Vegas, Nevada 89101 is the sole sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to change or cancel the promotion at any time.
21. Sweepstakes Administrator: Edvisors Network, Inc., 10000 W. Charleston Blvd #134, Las Vegas, NV 89135.