11 Effective Clothing Hacks To Try This Winter
Just because it’s cold outside doesn’t mean you have to be. Here are some simple hacks to help you, and your clothing, survive the chilly winter months. Ready? Let's list it out!
1) Slip on tights under jeans or leggings. This extra layer has several benefits! It not only keeps you warm but adds some style to your ripped jeans. Also, a nice pair of tights can help give you a thinner, slimmer look.
2) Put some extra distance between you and the cold ground with some cozy felt or wool inserts.
3) Are your pants slipping and sliding? Use mitten clips to help keep your jeans in place inside your boots.
4) We all know that winter involves dramatic temperature changes. It’s cold outside, but pretty soon you’re boiling at the office. Use a panty-liner on your favorite shirts to prevent sweat marks.
5) Throw your clothes in the dryer for a few minutes while taking your morning shower. The'll be nice and warm when you put them on. You can also use a hair dryer to warm the inside of your boots before you slip in your feet.
6) Wet shoes? Stuff them with newspaper to help absorb the moisture. If your boots are leather, this will also help them retain their shape.
7) The last thing you need on the slippery snow are a pair of slippery shoes. Grab some sandpaper and help give the bottoms of your shoes more traction.
8) Scared of soggy shoes? You don’t have to put your canvas shoes away ‘til spring! Waterproof them yourself with a wax candle and a hair dryer. Cover the canvas with wax, and then use the dryer to melt and seal the new clear, protective layer. Easy!
9) If you’re a runner, you definitely need to try this! Put small screws on the bottom of your running shoes to give them instant traction. Be sure not to break through the sole, though; that would be painful! Use short screws that only penetrate the rubber.
10) Piling on your sweater? Run a razor over it and voila! It looks new!
11) Two words: Hand. Warmers.
Stay warm, friends!