- View the Video Description for this product! (Please note that the color shown in the video may no longer be available.)
- Embrace the barefoot lifestyle. Enjoy unbound freedom in a casual shoe that you can sport at work or around town. Just slip into the Vivobarefoot™ Ra and go!
- Vivobarefoot recommends wearing socks to prevent chafing during initial wears, as this shoe has a high back that requires breaking in.
- Choose from suede or pull-up leather upper.
- Three-eyelet lace-up oxford style.
- Mesh and microfiber linings offer great step-in comfort.
- Removable and washable insole is made of recycled memory foam and supplies light underfoot plush.
- Original Vivobarefoot Sole - Combination latex rubber and TPU brings maximum abrasion resistance to this thin outsole.
- Outsole Thickness: 3mm.
- Weight: 10 oz
- Product measurements were taken using size 46 (US Men's 12), width D - Medium. Please note that measurements may vary by size.
Find something wrong in this description? Help us fix it! Report An Error
This item is currently unavailable, but here are some similar products
No Similar Items Available
We can't currently find any similar items for the Ra by Vivobarefoot. Sorry!
Interested in new Vivobarefoot products?
In 2010, the American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation and Harvard University, both released studies to support that barefoot reduces injuries, reserves energy, and improves technique.
VIVOBAREFOOT™ features the most comprehensive line of minimalist shoes on the market. The VIVOBAREFOOT™ difference is in the sole. We make a series of constructions specifically designed for varying elements, terrains, and activities. From high performance off-road and trail running shoes, to work and kids shoes, VIVOBAREFOOT™ offers a total lifestyle solution for the whole family.
VIVOBAREFOOT™ footwear is produced sustainably using recycled, locally sourced materials, with efficient and eco-friendly production techniques, in independently monitored ethical factories.
0% Full size too large
11% Half size too Large
89% True to size
0% Half size too small
0% Full size too small
100% Felt true to width
0% Felt narrower than marked
0% Felt wider than marked
0% Excellent arch support
11% Moderate arch support
89% No arch support
Love these shoes, I wear them to work everyday. The roomy toebox is great. I had a pair of Merrell barefoot-style shoes that now seem too tight in the toe area compared to the Ras. I made one modification: I used some Filson "tin cloth" wax to turn these into waxed cotton. Two coats of the wax on all outside material, one coat on the laces, let it soak in overnight setting near the woodstove. A little sticky for the first couple days but now (one month later) smooth and starting to get shiny. Water beads up if I walk through dewy grass. These shoes are great!
I'd also recommend: Vibram five fingers
- John C - customer
- from suburbs of Detroit
- May 17, 2013
Vivobarefoot shoes are truly minimalist shoes, unlike many other brands. That being said there is a slight raised section in the arch area but more like a soft bandaid than actual structure. The soles are soft and pliable. Really an amazing experience to find these shoes as they are the most comfortable I have every had.
- Reed B - customer
- from Boulder, CO
- May 5, 2013
A great barefoot shoe that can be worn at work were the company is fussy about style. The heel is narrower than on the Merrell and more comfortable for me.
I'd also recommend: Merril
- James D - customer
- from San Antonio, TX
- May 4, 2013
Does an excellent job of simulating the barefoot experience and they are passable as a pair of dress shoes for work. The relative wideness of the shoe might take some getting used to aesthetically speaking. If you are looking for a dress shoe that does not have a heel or arch support, this might be your only option however.
Felt a half size larger than marked
Felt true to width
- Anonymous - customer
- May 3, 2013
I had been looking for about a year for zero-drop minimalist shoes I could wear to work. I already have a pair of Dharmas, which work OK, but it was time to upgrade. I took the insoles out right away, and I love feeling the ground (but not hurting the soles of my feet). They're comfortable and they work for work. Great find!
- Mike R - customer
- from Columbus, OH
- May 2, 2013