- View the Video Description for this product! (Please note that the color shown in the video may no longer be available.)
- Originally built for hard-working messengers, the Classic Messenger Bag has been in production for 18 years.
- A classic doesn't get any better than the Timbuk2® Classic Messenger Bag.
- Known for its long-lasting rugged durability and three-panel, multi-color design, the Classic Messenger features a ballistic nylon exterior and a new PVC-free waterproof liner.
- Heavy duty stitching.
- Exterior made of durable ballistic nylon and waterproof TPU liner for protection and durability.
- Cross strap for stabilization.
- Quick-adjust side-cam shoulder strap.
- New memory-adjust True Fit cam buckle for adjustability.
- Cam Buckle for adjusting shoulder strap.
- Removable cross strap.
- New three-zip front organizer with color coordinated zippers to help you remember where you put your stuff.
- Vista light attachment loop.
- Reflector tails.
- Internal organizer with red key tether that clips your keys in place will keep your items in order.
- Reflective tails.
- Safety flasher attachment loop.
- Comfortably fits a 17" laptop and iPad®.
- Front pocket with extra zippered pocket and pen slots.
- Internal organizer pockets and red key tether.
- Napoleon side entry pocket allows you to easily grab your keys or money without the hassle of opening the front flap.
- Key ring.
- Internal slash pocket against the back wall of the bag provides a padded, firm place for you to store files and laptops.
- Waterproof lining.
- Volume: 1474 cu. in. (24.2 L).
- Hook-and-loop placement along the top of the messenger flap and sides of the front panel.
- Internal pockets, including additional pen slots, business card slot and fleece-lined cell phone pocket.
- Weight: 2.1 lbs (1 kg).
- Strap pad included.
- Weight: 2.1 lbs.
- Bottom Width: 13 1⁄2 in
- Top Width: 19 1⁄4 in
- Depth: 8 in
- Height: 10 1⁄2 in
- Strap Length: 43 1⁄2 in
- Strap Drop: 14 in
- Weight: 2 lbs 7 oz
Find something wrong in this description? Help us fix it! Report An Error
This item is currently unavailable, but here are some similar products
No Similar Items Available
We can't currently find any similar items for the Classic Messenger (Medium) by Timbuk2. Sorry!
Interested in new Timbuk2 products?
As one of the leading brands in urban lifestyle bags, computer carrying cases, travel luggage and related accessories, Timbuk2 shines on. Tried and true fabric defines their largest collection of styles. In addition, you won’t find any environmentally harmful polyvinyl chloride (PVC) in their bags. Timbuk2 takes pride in their PVC-free liners, which are just as durable and waterproof as vinyl but more supple. Best of all, these liners are better for the environment, which makes everybody happy.
Great, innovative design is part of the driving force behind Timbuk2. Developing and designing durable, multifunctional bags for today’s brave commuters is what they do best. From their authentic working class roots in the bicycle messenger subculture, to their remarkable transformation into a hip, urban fashion accessory, Timbuk2 is a brand with authenticity, heritage and a loyal following.
Timbuk2 Classic Messenger (Medium)
I bought this bag to hold my laptop and books for school as well as my work shoes and uniform when I commute by bike. I have been caught in a downpour once so far and my iPhone made it out dry and unscathed by the time I made it to work. I really like this bag. It has plenty of room, lots of gadget pockets and functions exactly as it is described.
- Clayton M - customer
- from Atlanta, Georgia
- August 6, 2011
I was looking for a messenger bag to take to and from work. I am a teacher and was tires of using a backpack so I figured I'd buy a messenger bag. At first I bought this bag but in size small. It was too small. The small could only fit a few files and books. But I needed a large enough one to bring food and school work. As a teacher that hobbies in body building, I take maybe 3-4 meals to work to eat while I am there. The Medium is way bigger than the small. It looks rather small, but I can fit all my files, laptop, 2-3 waters or protein shakes in shake bottles, 3-4 meals in tupper ware and still have room to throw my jacket pens and other stuff. definitely a great buy. Can't go wrong with this bag! Plus, it is extremely well made. I can see my kids using this down the road in life if they chose to!
- Marco T - customer
- from Hayward, CA
- May 24, 2011
My review is going to be just like a lot of others written about Timbuk2 messengers, but here goes anyway: Trademark design, lots and lots of (ready built) colors to choose from, and the now included matching strap pad make this one of the best messenger bags I've ever owned. The many improvements made to the 2010 model are certainly welcome, and improve the value that much more. Okay, not American made per se, but it will last forever, so that's nice. I could gripe about the lack of side water bottle holders, etc, but I'm not going to, because I happen to love the design. I just put my water bottle beside my books, no biggie. Zappos' service remains excellent as ever, so there really shouldn't be anything stopping you from getting one of the many models Timbuk2 offers.
- Ali H - customer
- from Richmond, VA
- November 25, 2010
Amazing bag, sturdy construction. Using as school bag-plenty of room. Buying 3 more; the whole family will be carrying Zappos/Timbuk2.
- Anonymous - customer
- from Roseville, Ca
- September 18, 2010
I've had my Timbuk2 for several years - and love it! It has plenty of room for all my stuff, is extremely durable and comes in fun color combinations. My boyfriend has had his eyes on mine for quite some time and with his birthday quickly approaching; I decided to treat him to one. I shopped around different internet sites and found Zappos to be most competitive in terms of pricing. I also liked the fact that shipping was free, both ways! By far though, the best part of my experience was the delivery process, which couldn’t have been easier. My boyfriend loves his Timbuk2. Zappos was a great experience!
- Becky S - customer
- from Albany, NY
- October 14, 2009