- View the Video Description for this product! (Please note that the color shown in the video may no longer be available.)
- Tackle the treacherous trails in this mountain bike sock from SmartWool®.
- WOW Technology™ places more wool in high density impact zones to reduce shock and abrasion.
- SmartWool inside for moisture temperature and odor control.
- 1x1 welt cuff for a secure fit.
- Strategic mesh zones for maximum ventilation.
- 4° fit system for all-day performance.
- Micro cut length for maximum ventilation.
- Materials: 71% Merino wool, 26% nylon, 3% elastic.
- Machine wash and machine dry.
- Sold in a 3-pair pack.
- Made in the USA.
Find something wrong in this description? Help us fix it! Report An Error
This item is currently unavailable, but here are some similar products
No Similar Items Available
We can't currently find any similar items for the Women's PhD Cycle Ultra Light Micro 3-Pack by Smartwool. Sorry!
Interested in new Smartwool products?
They believe in the power of comfort. Simply put, it’s the belief that as long as you’re comfortable, you can do anything you put your mind to. Our lives and experience have given us a real understanding of what comfort means to a body in motion, and they’ve made it our mission to use this knowledge to help you better enjoy the outdoors. Staying comfortable all day, every day.
At the heart and soul of every SmartWool product is the amazing fiber they use: nature’s finest Merino wool. Used properly, they think it’s the best fiber available for outdoor apparel - manages moisture better than cotton, smarter than synthetics and more comfortable in any weather condition.
In our hands, it becomes extraordinary.
NOT ALL SHEEP ARE CREATED EQUAL: Introducing ZQ™
ZQ™ is an accreditation program, designed to ensure environmental, social and economic sustainability for growers, improve animal welfare and provide a means to trace end products back to the source.
By supporting ZQ™, they are supporting the ideology of fair trade. They encourage all companies, including our competitors, to do the same.
BEYOND THE FIBER
We make Merino wool more comfortable through innovative fabric creation and smart construction. Through specialized knitting technologies they’ve created fabrics that maximize the benefits of merino wool. They use smart garment construction to create products that offer the right amount of wool in areas where the body tends to chill and less where the body tends to run hot for maximum temperature regulating, comfort and performance.
Like you, they would rather be outside playing than inside doing laundry. So they’ve made most of our products easy care; meaning you can throw them in the washer and the dryer right along with the rest of your clothes. Just to be safe, though, always make sure you check the care label inside the garment.
SOME FUN SMARTWOOL FACTS
• One sheep “haircut” = One wool fleece = 10 pounds of wool = 40 pairs of SmartWool socks or 7 pieces of SmartWool Next-to-Skin Midweight
• An average SmartWool Sock has 500,000 individual fibers of wool.
• A standard cone of yarn weighs three pounds and has almost 25 miles of yarn. They use well over half a million cones of yarn a year – that’s enough to circle the earth 500 times. Talk about spinning a yarn.
• Merino sheep are fine boned and active with white wrinkled faces, white legs and pink noses. Rams have horns. They instinctively follow each other but don’t like to lead. All merino sheep are fluent in baah.
0% Full size too large
50% Half size too Large
50% True to size
0% Half size too small
0% Full size too small
100% Felt true to width
0% Felt narrower than marked
0% Felt wider than marked
0% Excellent arch support
100% Moderate arch support
0% No arch support
Smartwool Women's PhD Cycle Ultra Light Micro 3-Pack
- Anonymous - customer
- from Ipswich, SD
- December 28, 2011
These are the greatest socks for just about anything! They seem to wrap around your foot and support your arch. I use them for cycling and working out and just walking the dog. Smartwool is wonderful technology. Even here in the deep south, on hot, humid days I use these socks because they wick the sweat from your feet and dry quickly. Enjoy!
- Anonymous - customer
- from Goldsboro, NC
- April 29, 2010
I've worn then for only one bike ride so far. They are nice and warm, but still wick sweat. I like the low profile of the sock. Even though it is low cut, it still stays up fine. I wish they came in more colors. Also, I wear a size 6.5 and they seemed a tiny bit loose.
I'd also recommend: GoldToe, Thorlos, Ozone, Falke
- Passerina - customer
- from San Francisco, CA
- November 20, 2011
Just like other Smart Wool socks, I can wear these socks several times before washing, even exercising. I got a size small for my size 6.5 feet, but the sock may be just a little big. They are not totally conformed to my feet like my other Smart Wools, but they are overall a good fit. They do make my foot slide a little in my shoe. Overall, I am happy with my purchase of PhD Cycling socks.
- Natalie K - customer
- from Pennsylvania
- July 13, 2011
I was looking for cycling socks. I normally wear Pearl Izumis but wanted to try something new. I was worried about them being wool. I hate hot feet especially during a ride. But they said they would not. I loved the color and the fact they came sized was great. I wear 11. Most women's socks stop at 9 or 10. After my first ride in 85° heat they were wonderful. Super comfortable, stayed on, wicked sweat very well. I will be buying more.
I'd also recommend: Pearl Izumi
Felt true to size
Felt true to width
Moderate arch support
- Jessica - customer
- from United States
- June 4, 2013