- View the Video Description for this product! (Please note that the color shown in the video may no longer be available.)
- Smartwool Apparel Size Guide
- Stay warm in a lightweight jacket from Smartwool® for your everyday activities.
- NTS (Next To Skin) Microweight fabric feels soft against your skin and can handle hot weather with ease.
- Merino wool is naturally odor repellent, moisture-wicking and quick-drying.
- Half zipper front closure.
- Smartwool logo at end of left sleeve.
- 100% merino wool.
- Machine wash cold, tumble dry low.
- Length: 27 in
- Product measurements were taken using size SM. Please note that measurements may vary by size.
- View This Model's Measurements
Find something wrong in this description? Help us fix it! Report An Error
This item is currently unavailable, but here are some similar products
No Similar Items Available
We can't currently find any similar items for the Women's Lightweight Zip by Smartwool. Sorry!
Interested in new Smartwool products?
They believe in the power of comfort. Simply put, it’s the belief that as long as you’re comfortable, you can do anything you put your mind to. Our lives and experience have given us a real understanding of what comfort means to a body in motion, and they’ve made it our mission to use this knowledge to help you better enjoy the outdoors. Staying comfortable all day, every day.
At the heart and soul of every SmartWool product is the amazing fiber they use: nature’s finest Merino wool. Used properly, they think it’s the best fiber available for outdoor apparel - manages moisture better than cotton, smarter than synthetics and more comfortable in any weather condition.
In our hands, it becomes extraordinary.
NOT ALL SHEEP ARE CREATED EQUAL: Introducing ZQ™
ZQ™ is an accreditation program, designed to ensure environmental, social and economic sustainability for growers, improve animal welfare and provide a means to trace end products back to the source.
By supporting ZQ™, they are supporting the ideology of fair trade. They encourage all companies, including our competitors, to do the same.
BEYOND THE FIBER
We make Merino wool more comfortable through innovative fabric creation and smart construction. Through specialized knitting technologies they’ve created fabrics that maximize the benefits of merino wool. They use smart garment construction to create products that offer the right amount of wool in areas where the body tends to chill and less where the body tends to run hot for maximum temperature regulating, comfort and performance.
Like you, they would rather be outside playing than inside doing laundry. So they’ve made most of our products easy care; meaning you can throw them in the washer and the dryer right along with the rest of your clothes. Just to be safe, though, always make sure you check the care label inside the garment.
SOME FUN SMARTWOOL FACTS
• One sheep “haircut” = One wool fleece = 10 pounds of wool = 40 pairs of SmartWool socks or 7 pieces of SmartWool Next-to-Skin Midweight
• An average SmartWool Sock has 500,000 individual fibers of wool.
• A standard cone of yarn weighs three pounds and has almost 25 miles of yarn. They use well over half a million cones of yarn a year – that’s enough to circle the earth 500 times. Talk about spinning a yarn.
• Merino sheep are fine boned and active with white wrinkled faces, white legs and pink noses. Rams have horns. They instinctively follow each other but don’t like to lead. All merino sheep are fluent in baah.
Smartwool Women's Lightweight Zip
This top is very comfortable and soft (not itchy) and has a knack for keeping you not too warm and not too cool. I've had this top for a couple of months now, and though the fabric is pilling just a little bit, it's not very noticeable. The top is long in the torso, which is nice if you're wearing it with lower cut pants.
- Anonymous - customer
- January 2, 2012
This is a good base layer (AKA long underwear) for cool-to-cold weather. Wearing this under a cotton shirt gives me the same warmth-equivalence as putting on a wool sweater. The cut and style is great. It's actually cute-looking (tho too thin to wear on its own out of the house). It's long enough for my super-long torso (most other base layers barely make it down to the waist of my jeans). It's comfy enough to wear as PJs, and not itchy, but I can definitely feel that it's wool not silk. The material and construction is pretty good, same as other Smartwood lighweight-rated base layers, and the zipper is working fine so far. Durability is pretty good too. After many wears and several washes the surface seams look somewhat worn, but are holding together fine, and the fabric itself isn't pilling. I only wish these weren't so expensive, but the price is in-line with other merino base layers, and there isn't much choice or competition out there.
I'd also recommend: Ibex
- Anonymous - customer
- from New Hampshire
- December 8, 2011