- Get ready to run longer and put on more miles with the increased support and shorter recovery time with the PhD Running Graduated Compression Ultra Light by Smartwool®.
- WOW™ Technology features high density impact zones for longer lasting comfort and wool benefits.
- Smartwool helps control moisture, temperature and odor.
- Graduated compression helps speed recovery with improved blood flow.
- Strategic mesh zones for breathability and maximum ventilation.
- Level of Compression: 20-30 mmhg.
- Materials: 52% Merino wool, 42% nylon, 6% elastane.
- Machine wash warm on gentle and tumble dry low.
- Sold in a three-pair pack.
- Made in the USA.
Find something wrong in this description? Help us fix it! Report An Error
This item is currently unavailable, but here are some similar products
No Similar Items Available
We can't currently find any similar items for the PhD Running Graduated Compression Ultra Light 3-Pack by Smartwool. Sorry!
Interested in new Smartwool products?
They believe in the power of comfort. Simply put, it’s the belief that as long as you’re comfortable, you can do anything you put your mind to. Our lives and experience have given us a real understanding of what comfort means to a body in motion, and they’ve made it our mission to use this knowledge to help you better enjoy the outdoors. Staying comfortable all day, every day.
At the heart and soul of every SmartWool product is the amazing fiber they use: nature’s finest Merino wool. Used properly, they think it’s the best fiber available for outdoor apparel - manages moisture better than cotton, smarter than synthetics and more comfortable in any weather condition.
In our hands, it becomes extraordinary.
NOT ALL SHEEP ARE CREATED EQUAL: Introducing ZQ™
ZQ™ is an accreditation program, designed to ensure environmental, social and economic sustainability for growers, improve animal welfare and provide a means to trace end products back to the source.
By supporting ZQ™, they are supporting the ideology of fair trade. They encourage all companies, including our competitors, to do the same.
BEYOND THE FIBER
We make Merino wool more comfortable through innovative fabric creation and smart construction. Through specialized knitting technologies they’ve created fabrics that maximize the benefits of merino wool. They use smart garment construction to create products that offer the right amount of wool in areas where the body tends to chill and less where the body tends to run hot for maximum temperature regulating, comfort and performance.
Like you, they would rather be outside playing than inside doing laundry. So they’ve made most of our products easy care; meaning you can throw them in the washer and the dryer right along with the rest of your clothes. Just to be safe, though, always make sure you check the care label inside the garment.
SOME FUN SMARTWOOL FACTS
• One sheep “haircut” = One wool fleece = 10 pounds of wool = 40 pairs of SmartWool socks or 7 pieces of SmartWool Next-to-Skin Midweight
• An average SmartWool Sock has 500,000 individual fibers of wool.
• A standard cone of yarn weighs three pounds and has almost 25 miles of yarn. They use well over half a million cones of yarn a year – that’s enough to circle the earth 500 times. Talk about spinning a yarn.
• Merino sheep are fine boned and active with white wrinkled faces, white legs and pink noses. Rams have horns. They instinctively follow each other but don’t like to lead. All merino sheep are fluent in baah.
0% Full size too large
0% Half size too Large
50% True to size
0% Half size too small
50% Full size too small
50% Felt true to width
50% Felt narrower than marked
0% Felt wider than marked
0% Excellent arch support
100% Moderate arch support
0% No arch support
I wear a women's shoe size 9 or 40 European size. I typically wear a Medium in Smart Wool socks. I stand a lot at work and wanted a compression sock with more pressure than the as-seen-on-tv type of sock. I ordered size Medium as I usually do - also the socks were 3 pairs on sale when I purchased them so that was great. The foot part of the sock is a "regular" fit while from the ankle up the fit is "tight". Alas it took me 5 minutes to get the socks on the first time I tried because they are so very tight. They felt great - spectacular - at first but by the end of the 12 hour work day the cuff of the sock was cutting in to my calf just below my knee so much so I have a red mark on my skin a day later. I thought I could tough it out but that's just dumb. So I will return the size Medium and see about size Large if the socks go on sale again. I am average size and average build, my BMI is 24 so I'm not skinny and I'm not fat. Other reviews have suggested ordering a size up.
Felt a full size smaller than marked
Felt true to width
Moderate arch support
- Anonymous - customer
- April 17, 2013
: Being a trail runner (i.e., bigger calves) these socks are too narrow in the calves and ankles and barely make it over the calves in the length. Took them trail running and after only 2 runs came back with a hole in the toe! Basic compression is good and works ll during running. compression to calf focused for workout recovery the socks work. Prefer Adidas OTC compression socks for durability and recovery.
Felt true to size
Felt narrower than marked
Moderate arch support
- Evelyn - customer
- from New York
- December 27, 2012