- View the Video Description for this product! (Please note that the color shown in the video may no longer be available.)
- With ultra light cushioning and a precise fit, this sock from SmartWool is ideal for triathletes and cyclists alike.
- 4° Fit System for all-day performance fit.
- WOW Technology™ in high density impact zones to reduce shock and abrasion.
- SmartWool inside for moisture, temperature, and odor control.
- 1x1 welt cuff for a secure, comfortable fit.
- Strategic mesh zones for maximum ventilation.
- Materials: 74% Merino wool, 23% nylon, 3% elastic.
- Washer and dryer friendly.
- Sold in 3-pair pack.
- Made in the USA.
Find something wrong in this description? Help us fix it! Report An Error
This item is currently unavailable, but here are some similar products
No Similar Items Available
We can't currently find any similar items for the PhD Cycle Ultra Light Micro 3-Pack by Smartwool. Sorry!
Interested in new Smartwool products?
They believe in the power of comfort. Simply put, it’s the belief that as long as you’re comfortable, you can do anything you put your mind to. Our lives and experience have given us a real understanding of what comfort means to a body in motion, and they’ve made it our mission to use this knowledge to help you better enjoy the outdoors. Staying comfortable all day, every day.
At the heart and soul of every SmartWool product is the amazing fiber they use: nature’s finest Merino wool. Used properly, they think it’s the best fiber available for outdoor apparel - manages moisture better than cotton, smarter than synthetics and more comfortable in any weather condition.
In our hands, it becomes extraordinary.
NOT ALL SHEEP ARE CREATED EQUAL: Introducing ZQ™
ZQ™ is an accreditation program, designed to ensure environmental, social and economic sustainability for growers, improve animal welfare and provide a means to trace end products back to the source.
By supporting ZQ™, they are supporting the ideology of fair trade. They encourage all companies, including our competitors, to do the same.
BEYOND THE FIBER
We make Merino wool more comfortable through innovative fabric creation and smart construction. Through specialized knitting technologies they’ve created fabrics that maximize the benefits of merino wool. They use smart garment construction to create products that offer the right amount of wool in areas where the body tends to chill and less where the body tends to run hot for maximum temperature regulating, comfort and performance.
Like you, they would rather be outside playing than inside doing laundry. So they’ve made most of our products easy care; meaning you can throw them in the washer and the dryer right along with the rest of your clothes. Just to be safe, though, always make sure you check the care label inside the garment.
SOME FUN SMARTWOOL FACTS
• One sheep “haircut” = One wool fleece = 10 pounds of wool = 40 pairs of SmartWool socks or 7 pieces of SmartWool Next-to-Skin Midweight
• An average SmartWool Sock has 500,000 individual fibers of wool.
• A standard cone of yarn weighs three pounds and has almost 25 miles of yarn. They use well over half a million cones of yarn a year – that’s enough to circle the earth 500 times. Talk about spinning a yarn.
• Merino sheep are fine boned and active with white wrinkled faces, white legs and pink noses. Rams have horns. They instinctively follow each other but don’t like to lead. All merino sheep are fluent in baah.
0% Full size too large
0% Half size too Large
100% True to size
0% Half size too small
0% Full size too small
100% Felt true to width
0% Felt narrower than marked
0% Felt wider than marked
0% Excellent arch support
50% Moderate arch support
50% No arch support
Smartwool PhD Cycle Ultra Light Micro 3-Pack
Average rating is 4 out of 5 from a total of 6 reviews.
Top Positive Review
1 person found this review helpful.Read more » « Show less May 3, 2012 by Todd R
Top Critical Review
3 people found this review helpful.
Smartwool normally makes good socks but these aren't worth anything. They are sewed to fit a square. There are strange points off the heals and toes. It's strange, almost as if the three pairs I received were rejects or something. I can't imagine anybody would think these were made correctly unless of course you like square socks. I'm glad Zappos has such a great return policy.Read more » « Show less April 11, 2011 by Rob G
Smartwool normally makes good socks but these aren't worth anything. They are sewed to fit a square. There are strange points off the heals and toes. It's strange, almost as if the three pairs I received were rejects or something. I can't imagine anybody would think these were made correctly unless of course you like square socks. I'm glad Zappos has such a great return policy.
- Rob G - customer
- from Branford, CT
- April 11, 2011
- Todd R - customer
- from Arizona
- May 3, 2012
These are awesome! I wear an 11.5 and got the L and they fit just fine. I'm going to get more of these. They feel so cool on your feet!
- Anonymous - customer
- from United States
- March 19, 2012
I ordered these for my husband, who likes this short no-show sock style. And he seems to like these a lot! They do not stretch out and get saggy like cheaper socks, and they are apparently quite comfortable. He does not normally wear socks in the house (heck, he is a man, sometimes pants are optional, right?), yet he is wearing them right now. With shorts on. In winter. So they must be pretty great. For those balking about the price of good socks, they will really make you never want to go back to your cheap ones. I love the Smartwool socks that I have, too.
Felt true to size
Felt true to width
- Jasmine W - customer
- from Latrobe, PA
- January 12, 2013
I'd also recommend: dahlgren
Felt true to size
Felt true to width
No arch support
- Lynn. S - customer
- from Bay Area, CA
- October 9, 2012