- View the Video Description for this product! (Please note that the color shown in the video may no longer be available.)
- Smartwool Apparel Size Guide
- When the mercury dips, it's easy to get buried under the bulk of old-school cold-weather gear. Free yourself from the burden and shed those layers for the naturally breathable, moisture-wicking, and warm performance of a Smartwool® Midweight Crew.
- Form Fit follows the body's natural contours.
- Midweight fabric offers standalone or baselayer wear for cold-weather activity while maintaining optimum breathability.
- Merino wool naturally repels odor, wicks away moisture, and dries quickly.
- Paneled shoulders for chafe-free wear under pack straps.
- Flatlock stitching eliminates unwelcome friction.
- UPF 50+ sun protection.
- Interlock-knit tee.
- Crew neck.
- Long sleeves.
- Extended hemline.
- Little Man logo print at cuff.
- 100% New Zealand Merino wool.
- Machine wash cold and tumble dry low.
- Fabric Weight: 250 g/m²
- Length: 32 in
- Product measurements were taken using size MD. Please note that measurements may vary by size.
- View This Model's Measurements
Find something wrong in this description? Help us fix it! Report An Error
This item is currently unavailable, but here are some similar products
No Similar Items Available
We can't currently find any similar items for the Men's Midweight Crew Neck Shirt by Smartwool. Sorry!
Interested in new Smartwool products?
They believe in the power of comfort. Simply put, it’s the belief that as long as you’re comfortable, you can do anything you put your mind to. Our lives and experience have given us a real understanding of what comfort means to a body in motion, and they’ve made it our mission to use this knowledge to help you better enjoy the outdoors. Staying comfortable all day, every day.
At the heart and soul of every SmartWool product is the amazing fiber they use: nature’s finest Merino wool. Used properly, they think it’s the best fiber available for outdoor apparel - manages moisture better than cotton, smarter than synthetics and more comfortable in any weather condition.
In our hands, it becomes extraordinary.
NOT ALL SHEEP ARE CREATED EQUAL: Introducing ZQ™
ZQ™ is an accreditation program, designed to ensure environmental, social and economic sustainability for growers, improve animal welfare and provide a means to trace end products back to the source.
By supporting ZQ™, they are supporting the ideology of fair trade. They encourage all companies, including our competitors, to do the same.
BEYOND THE FIBER
We make Merino wool more comfortable through innovative fabric creation and smart construction. Through specialized knitting technologies they’ve created fabrics that maximize the benefits of merino wool. They use smart garment construction to create products that offer the right amount of wool in areas where the body tends to chill and less where the body tends to run hot for maximum temperature regulating, comfort and performance.
Like you, they would rather be outside playing than inside doing laundry. So they’ve made most of our products easy care; meaning you can throw them in the washer and the dryer right along with the rest of your clothes. Just to be safe, though, always make sure you check the care label inside the garment.
SOME FUN SMARTWOOL FACTS
• One sheep “haircut” = One wool fleece = 10 pounds of wool = 40 pairs of SmartWool socks or 7 pieces of SmartWool Next-to-Skin Midweight
• An average SmartWool Sock has 500,000 individual fibers of wool.
• A standard cone of yarn weighs three pounds and has almost 25 miles of yarn. They use well over half a million cones of yarn a year – that’s enough to circle the earth 500 times. Talk about spinning a yarn.
• Merino sheep are fine boned and active with white wrinkled faces, white legs and pink noses. Rams have horns. They instinctively follow each other but don’t like to lead. All merino sheep are fluent in baah.
Smartwool Men's Midweight Crew Neck Shirt
I give this item 10/10. I bought these and the matching Midweight Crew early this year, right before the temperature started climbing. I packed nine pounds of gear for a summer cycling tour in a tiny dry-sack attached to a bike rack with bungee cords. Despite that spartan setup, both Smartwool pieces made it into my bag. During the summer, there were two rainstorms and about eight nights on the trip where it was cold enough to warrant the use of one or both pieces. In the rain, I also used Smartwool arm warmers because the moisture just beads up right on top of the material. It gets completely damp, but your body heat makes it feel like a cozy micro-climate instead of a sopping, shivering mess. I was comfortable in just this and a fleece sleeping bag liner to 40°, even while it rained into my tent. This winter, I use both pieces every. single. day. I live in my Smartwool, because even when I step into buildings that crank their heat up to 90 I never feel stuffy or itchy in the slightest. I am always sweat-free, even while backpacking and hiking, and I can sleep in these, too - I often do. I only need to wash them about once every three days because they never seem to start smelling. They go into the laundry with everything else, then the dryer on full heat, and they come out the same size. Perfect piece of clothing. I will be picking up some microweight for the summer, because the material is that good. After all this use, not even one thread has unwoven, there is absolutely no pilling or wear, and no stretch. All the stitches are doubled and the weave of the material is tight. I will say that I would have loved better colors, and these pick up lint like a magnet. But they are always under other clothes, so I do not care!
- Max - customer
- from Massachusetts
- November 19, 2012
I wore mine every night of my appilachian trail thru hike. it was so comfortable and provided great warmth at night. I would highly suggest getting this shirt.
- Pace - customer
- from in the woods
- March 23, 2013