- View the Video Description for this product! (Please note that the color shown in the video may no longer be available.)
- Hollow ground blades make cleaner cuts with less food sticking to the knife.
- Proudly display your knife in the custom bamboo stand that's included.
- Legendary knife designer, Ken Onion, created the distinctive sweeping blade shape and comfortable ergonomic handle for this series of gorgeous knives.
- Exotic Japanese steels allow the knife to hold its razor sharp edge longer without excessive re-sharpening.
- High density VG-10 "super steel" cutting core is clad with 32 layers of SUS410 high carbon steel creating a rust-free, wavy Damascus look.
- Extremely sharp 16 degree cutting edge results in less friction and faster performance.
- Natural-grip ambidextrous Pakkawood® composite handles are easy to care for and are more sanitary than regular wood handles.
- Handle length: 6"; Weight: 7.81 oz.
- Dishwasher safe, hand washing recommended.
- Handcrafted in Seki City, Japan.
Find something wrong in this description? Help us fix it! Report An Error
This item is currently unavailable, but here are some similar products
No Similar Items Available
We can't currently find any similar items for the Ken Onion 7" Santoku Knife With Hollow Ground Blade by Shun. Sorry!
Interested in new Shun products?
Pictured is longtime Shun user and now Shun's Brand Ambassador, Chris Cosentino - Executive Chef and Owner of Incanto and Baccalone in San Francisco, and co-star of Food Network's "Chefs vs. City" and "Best Thing I Ever Ate."
Shun's top-of-the-line Elite Series combines unparalleled quality and performance with the beauty of fine art. The blade is made of a new kind of steel called SG-2. SG-2 is Japanese powdered steel. The advantage of powdered steel is that every element used to create the blade is evenly blended, thereby eliminating weak spots. The ideal structure and high density produces an exceedingly sharp, smooth and durable knife.
The Shun Classic Series is easily identified by its beautiful "wood grain" look from the Damascus steel. The blade core, VG-10 super steel, is composed of carbon, chromium, vanadium, manganese, cobalt and molybdenum. This is clad with 16 layers of SUS410/SUS431 high-carbon stainless steel on each side, creating 33-layer Damascus steel. This distinctive-looking profile results is less friction when slicing, resulting in cleaner cuts and better flavor.
Choose from traditional European shapes or more exotic Asian designs. We are especially delighted to offer the ergonomically designed Shun Ken Onion Series. It's the same high quality VG10 and Damascus-clad steel used in the Classic Series, coupled with the unique blade shape and comfortable handle made famous by master knife designer, Ken Onion. These gorgeous knives make your job at the cutting board quick and pleasurable.
The best way to ensure the lasting quality of your treasured investment is with genuine Shun cutlery accessories. Safely store your chef's knife, paring knife, boning knife and Santoku knife in a sturdy Shun bamboo knife block. Use a Shun bamboo or Hinoki cutting board to retain a sharper knife edge longer, and for easier food preparation with its flat surface.
Whether you're a seasoned chef or a budding culinary enthusiast, take your skills to the highest level with the extraordinary beauty and quality of Shun cutlery. Make Shun part of your life in the kitchen.
Shun Ken Onion 7" Santoku Knife With Hollow Ground Blade
The Ken Onion line is unique bc it of the ergonomic handle and blade positioning. The Santoko knife is perfect for slicing and chopping produce bc of the blade. Great weight.
- Anonymous - customer
- November 12, 2012
Great knife; been using Henckels for a long time and was told by a knife sharpening person that my knife will tolerate a couple more sharpening, so I had to find another knife and sharper knife so I can cut tomatoes and bell peppers effortlessly. Benefit about this knife is that its hollow edge allows the food to slide off. Read the literature that comes with the knife though because it does not recommend cutting on marble which is what I have, so I had to purchase a cutting board, which was no problem as I plan to use this knife for years. Great handle and feel of the knife when I hold the knife and not as heavy as the Henckels but is a great workhorse in the kitchen.
- Anonymous - customer
- from Santa Monica, CA
- October 7, 2012