- View the Video Description for this product! (Please note that the color shown in the video may no longer be available.)
- A Shun® essential. One of the most commonly used knives in the kitchen.
- Use for hand-held tasks where control is key.
- Exotic Japanese steels allow the knife to hold its razor sharp edge longer without excessive re-sharpening.
- High density VG-10 "super steel" cutting core is clad with 32 layers of SUS410/SUS431 high carbon steel, creating a beautiful Damascus clad knife.
- Extremely sharp 16 degree cutting edge results in less friction and faster performance.
- Comfortable "D" shape Pakkawood® composite handles provide a sanitary, sure grip intended for right hand use.
- Handle length: 4"; weight: 2.35 oz.
- Hand wash with gentle dish soap that contains no bleach or citrus extracts, towel dry.
- National Sanitation Foundation (NSF) approved for professional use.
- Handcrafted in Seki City, Japan.
Find something wrong in this description? Help us fix it! Report An Error
This item is currently unavailable, but here are some similar products
No Similar Items Available
We can't currently find any similar items for the Classic 4" Paring Knife by Shun. Sorry!
Interested in new Shun products?
Pictured is longtime Shun user and now Shun's Brand Ambassador, Chris Cosentino - Executive Chef and Owner of Incanto and Baccalone in San Francisco, and co-star of Food Network's "Chefs vs. City" and "Best Thing I Ever Ate."
Shun's top-of-the-line Elite Series combines unparalleled quality and performance with the beauty of fine art. The blade is made of a new kind of steel called SG-2. SG-2 is Japanese powdered steel. The advantage of powdered steel is that every element used to create the blade is evenly blended, thereby eliminating weak spots. The ideal structure and high density produces an exceedingly sharp, smooth and durable knife.
The Shun Classic Series is easily identified by its beautiful "wood grain" look from the Damascus steel. The blade core, VG-10 super steel, is composed of carbon, chromium, vanadium, manganese, cobalt and molybdenum. This is clad with 16 layers of SUS410/SUS431 high-carbon stainless steel on each side, creating 33-layer Damascus steel. This distinctive-looking profile results is less friction when slicing, resulting in cleaner cuts and better flavor.
Choose from traditional European shapes or more exotic Asian designs. We are especially delighted to offer the ergonomically designed Shun Ken Onion Series. It's the same high quality VG10 and Damascus-clad steel used in the Classic Series, coupled with the unique blade shape and comfortable handle made famous by master knife designer, Ken Onion. These gorgeous knives make your job at the cutting board quick and pleasurable.
The best way to ensure the lasting quality of your treasured investment is with genuine Shun cutlery accessories. Safely store your chef's knife, paring knife, boning knife and Santoku knife in a sturdy Shun bamboo knife block. Use a Shun bamboo or Hinoki cutting board to retain a sharper knife edge longer, and for easier food preparation with its flat surface.
Whether you're a seasoned chef or a budding culinary enthusiast, take your skills to the highest level with the extraordinary beauty and quality of Shun cutlery. Make Shun part of your life in the kitchen.