- View the Video Description for this product! (Please note that the color shown in the video may no longer be available.)
- We know it's difficult to give up the comfortable ride of the ProGrid™ Ride 5 from Saucony®, but the cows came home an hour ago!
- Recently awarded "Best Buy" in the fall 2012 Shoe Guide of Runner's World magazine.
- Update to the ProGrid™ Ride 4, SKU#7788130.
- A running shoe built for the neutral runner who requires enhanced cushioning.
- Excess materials have been removed to reduce weight, making the Ride 5 the lightest Ride EVER!
- Open mesh upper promotes maximum breathability.
- Synthetic overlays deliver durable, targeted support and help lock the foot over the midsole for a more secure fit.
- Rounded heel edge provides a smoother transition from heel strike to midfoot.
- HydraMAX Collar Lining is made up of performance apparel fabric for supreme next-to-skin comfort and optimal moisture wicking.
- Comfortride Sockliner is comprised of an open cell foam that is both cushioned and breathable. It also has antimicrobial properties for a healthier in-shoe environment.
- HRC Storbel Board supplies increased cushioning and comfort.
- Full-length ProGrid™, the latest in deflection technology from Saucony, absorbs force, disperses shock and assist in setting the foot up for a smoother transition.
- SSL (Saucony Supper Lite) EVA is a unique EVA blend that optimizes rebound and durability, while maintaining a light weight.
- SRC Xtra Forefoot Cushioning system promotes a smooth toe-off.
- SRC (Super Rebound Cushioning) Impact Zone attenuates impacting shock and promotes a smooth transition.
- iBR+ rubber outsole provides three times more cushioning while being 33% lighter than standard blown rubber.
- Additional flex grooves have been carved into the forefoot design for better overall flexibility.
- XT-900™ carbon rubber outsole offers supreme traction and long-lasting wear.
- Triangular lug design creates exceptional traction and flexibility.
- Heel-to-toe offset has been changed from 12mm to 8mm to provide a more balanced and efficient stride throughout the gait cycle.
- Weight: 8 oz
- Product measurements were taken using size 5.5, width B - Medium. Please note that measurements may vary by size.
Find something wrong in this description? Help us fix it! Report An Error
This item is currently unavailable, but here are some similar products
No Similar Items Available
We can't currently find any similar items for the ProGrid™ Ride 5 by Saucony. Sorry!
Interested in new Saucony products?
Four years later, the Saucony® Jazz O, the most popular Saucony (now Saucony® Original) shoe to be made, was launched and in 1991, offered a midsole comprising both cushioning and stability-GRID® resulting in men's and women's shoes that delivered a superior ride.
At Saucony®, they exist for runners. Runners inspire them, bringing new ideas and force the Saucony® brand to be better inside and out. They are the inspiration behind the design and engineering of Saucony's best-made products. Runners keep them competitive, hungry and driven but mostly, honest.
Whether in a conference room, or out on a lunchtime run, Saucony® employees are constantly talking about and arguing about their running clothing, shoes and accessories. They are passionate about their products and run in every product they make. This focus and passion fuels them to create the best Saucony® running pieces on the planet. And they keep an eye toward the future when producing Saucony® kid's shoes. Doing so allows them to come to work each day knowing they've done everything to make runner's lives, regardless of age, just a little bit better.
At Saucony®, a good day is when they get to run. A great day is when they inspire someone else to run.
0% Full size too large
0% Half size too Large
93% True to size
7% Half size too small
0% Full size too small
90% Felt true to width
7% Felt narrower than marked
2% Felt wider than marked
28% Excellent arch support
64% Moderate arch support
8% No arch support
Saucony ProGrid™ Ride 5
Average rating is 4 out of 5 from a total of 43 reviews.
Top Positive Review
3 people found this review helpful.
These shoes are a great update to the Ride 4. The change in the heel to toe offset is comfortable and makes my stride feel more natural. They are extremely comfortable as I did an easy 3-mile run on the treadmill in them today. I love the bright pink and neon green. An excellent and supportive running shoe!Read more » « Show less June 21, 2012 by Anonymous
These shoes are a great update to the Ride 4. The change in the heel to toe offset is comfortable and makes my stride feel more natural. They are extremely comfortable as I did an easy 3-mile run on the treadmill in them today. I love the bright pink and neon green. An excellent and supportive running shoe!
- Anonymous - customer
- from VA
- June 21, 2012
I love these shoes! I've been a hurricane pro grid fan for about 5 years, but decided to give these a whirl. I love love love these running shoes! I have terrible knees and since running with these, I have had little knee pain. They're also super cute! I do about 15 miles a week and these have been great. Just ordered another pair for my first half marathon!
- Stephanie B - customer
- from Atlanta, GA
- August 22, 2012
I am so happy! The ride is back! This is easily the best Ride since the Ride 1 or 2...they were both favorites of mine for everyday running comfort, excellent cushioning and lightweight feel.
Felt true to size
Felt true to width
Excellent arch support
- Emily C - customer
- from Boston, MA
- June 28, 2012
Very different from the rides 4 and 3. I have run in the Ride for about 4 years, and I have now switched to a different shoe because of the new model feels. The shoe itself is more shallow than the others before it, making it feel like my heel is going to slide out of the shoe whenever I take a step. Was very bummed about the new model, but went to the shoe store and they got me fitted into the Mizuno Wave Rider 15, which feels very close to the way the Saucony Ride 4 felt.
- Anonymous - customer
- from Indianapolis, Indiana
- June 29, 2012
My daughter is the runner 14 years of age. Just history - 1600m (4:57), 800m (2:20), 400m(:56). We have wore several other brands. They have caused shin splints, issues with ankle support. We went to a recommend store in the Houston, TX. She tried on 7 different brands. The Saucony ProGrid was her favorite by far. She has been running in them for a month now and no issues on and off the track. It gives her the arch support she needs but also gives her the ability to work on her speed. She is working on her way to the top.
- MJ T - customer
- from Houston, TX
- October 14, 2012