- Ditch the city streets and head for the hills for a lively dash in the adventure-ready XR Mission W from Salomon®.
- A short-to-mid-distance all-terrain trainer specially designed for women.
- Lightweight, breathable mesh upper.
- Durable synthetic overlays provide targeted support.
- Gender-specific fit.
- Asymmetrical Sensifit™ technology ensures an enhanced fit.
- Asymmetrical Sensiflex™ promotes forefoot lock down, while allowing the foot to move more naturally.
- QUICKLACE™ system offers a snug, secure fit and one-pull tightening.
- Friction-free lace eyelets.
- Lace pocket.
- TPU toe cap for added protection.
- Ortholite® insole supplies underfoot comfort and features moisture-managing properties for a cooler, drier environment.
- Molded and compressed, dual-density EVA midsole delivers exceptional cushioning.
- LT Muscle midsole material for lightweight, flexible cushioning.
- WSR (Women's-Specific Ride) technology.
- Midsole Heel/Toe Height: 20mm/10mm.
- OS Tendon - A stretchy TPU band placed between the midsole and outsole to help guide the foot through the entire footstrike, promoting an even ride and springy toe-off.
- Non-marking Contagrip® outsole offers the perfect blend of reliable grip and durability over varied surfaces.
- Contagrip® LT rubber supplies lightweight cushioning and grip on mixed surfaces.
- High-abrasion Contagrip HA outsole material provides extended durability over high-wear areas.
- Weight: 11 oz
- Product measurements were taken using size 8.5, width B - Medium. Please note that measurements may vary by size.
Find something wrong in this description? Help us fix it! Report An Error
This item is currently unavailable, but here are some similar products
No Similar Items Available
We can't currently find any similar items for the XR Mission W by Salomon. Sorry!
Interested in new Salomon products?
Salomon began in the heart of the French Alps in 1947. Created by Francois Salomon and his son George, they designed and crafted the first modern ski bindings. For over 60 years, Salomonâ€™s commitment to innovative design and passion for mountain sports has been their inspiration for developing top quality clothing, footwear and accessories.
Sold in over 160 countries, the Salomon brand is a global icon. Because of their performance oriented design, Salomon is able to drive innovation and progression to mountain sports.
Salomon footwear is designed to leave you comfortable and light, allowing more freedom of movement from light hiking, to trekking, running and amphibious sports, Salomon strikes the perfect balance between weight and durability, while providing maximum pleasure for all styles of outdoor activity. Lightweight and protective, these styles are designed to address the performance needs of the adventurous.
5% Full size too large
31% Half size too Large
63% True to size
1% Half size too small
0% Full size too small
85% Felt true to width
1% Felt narrower than marked
14% Felt wider than marked
53% Excellent arch support
47% Moderate arch support
0% No arch support
Salomon XR Mission W
Average rating is 5 out of 5 from a total of 91 reviews.
Top Positive Review
5 people found this review helpful.
My usual shoe is the Salomon XA pro, I was looking for a slightly lighter weight Salomon, and ordered the Mission. these are Salomon-sized that is for most runners they will seem about 1/2 size larger than say an Adidas. the heel pocket seems a bit deeper than the XA pros, with a wide enough forefoot, but otherwise the fit seems reasonable close to the XA pros. i have only been out running in these up to 2 hrs or so at a time (in some snow, some mud), but they are billed as a short to medium distance shoe, so that is probably within their intended use. I have fairly high arches and don't need or want extreme motion control and these shoes do not seem to be over-structured. I have worn Salomons for a number of years, and i am happy to add these shoes to my Salomon shoe quiver.Read more » « Show less February 7, 2012 by Dp g
Top Critical Review
1 person found this review helpful.
This is my first pair of Salomon's since their 'prototype' that they introduced in the late '90s. I returned that pair as the fit was too wide for my foot & the cord laces wouldn't tighten snugly enough as a result. While at a trail race last year, a Salomon rep convinced me that the design has come along way since they, so I gave them a 2nd chance. The fit is much improved & I love the comfort of the integrated tongue or sock fit! Downsides are that there are hot spots and I've blistered, even on short runs. The arch support is also a bit much for me even though I have a high arch. Unfortunately this pair has been relegated to being a flashy pair of street kicks for me.Read more » « Show less May 17, 2012 by Charlene
My usual shoe is the Salomon XA pro, I was looking for a slightly lighter weight Salomon, and ordered the Mission. these are Salomon-sized that is for most runners they will seem about 1/2 size larger than say an Adidas. the heel pocket seems a bit deeper than the XA pros, with a wide enough forefoot, but otherwise the fit seems reasonable close to the XA pros. i have only been out running in these up to 2 hrs or so at a time (in some snow, some mud), but they are billed as a short to medium distance shoe, so that is probably within their intended use. I have fairly high arches and don't need or want extreme motion control and these shoes do not seem to be over-structured. I have worn Salomons for a number of years, and i am happy to add these shoes to my Salomon shoe quiver.
Felt a half size larger than marked
Felt true to width
Moderate arch support
- Dp g - customer
- from Laramie, WY
- February 7, 2012
Good walking and jogging shoe. Great lacing system. Good ventilation.
I'd also recommend: merrell, keene
- Anonymous - customer
- from seattle
- March 29, 2012
Just received shoes. So excited to wear them and pulling them out of the box I just knew they were going to be too big. I'm a true 7.5 and these buggers were huge even with thick socks on! They fit more like a 8.5. I'm returning for a 6.5 and we'll see if the shoe fits.
Felt a full size larger than marked
- Anonymous - customer
- March 22, 2012
I bought the first pair in December and have been wearing them ever since. Ordered 2 more in fun colors. I work as a hair stylist and average 10 to 14 hours a day on my feet plus walk an additional 10 miles a week for exercise and these shoes have been fabulous!
- Kathi w - customer
- from ames, iowa
- February 19, 2012
- Anonymous - customer
- from Stillman Valley, IL
- April 1, 2012