- View the Video Description for this product! (Please note that the color shown in the video may no longer be available.)
- Run for the hills! The adventure never ends with the XR Mission from Salomon®.
- A short-to-mid-distance all-terrain trainer.
- Lightweight, breathable mesh upper.
- Durable synthetic overlays provide targeted support.
- Asymmetrical Sensifit™ technology ensures an enhanced fit.
- Asymmetrical Sensiflex™ promotes forefoot lock down, while allowing the foot to move more naturally.
- QUICKLACE™ system offers a snug, secure fit and one-pull tightening.
- Friction-free lace eyelets.
- Lace pocket.
- TPU toe cap for added protection.
- Ortholite® insole supplies underfoot comfort and features moisture-managing properties for a cooler, drier environment.
- Molded and compressed, dual-density EVA midsole delivers exceptional cushioning.
- LT Muscle midsole material for lightweight, flexible cushioning.
- Midsole Heel/Toe Height: 20mm/10mm.
- OS Tendon - A stretchy TPU band placed between the midsole and outsole to help guide the foot through the entire footstrike, promoting an even ride and springy toe-off.
- Non-marking Contagrip® outsole offers the perfect blend of reliable grip and durability over varied surfaces.
- Contagrip® LT rubber supplies lightweight cushioning and grip on mixed surfaces.
- High-abrasion Contagrip HA outsole material provides extended durability over high-wear areas.
- Weight: 14 oz
- Product measurements were taken using size 12, width D - Medium. Please note that measurements may vary by size.
Find something wrong in this description? Help us fix it! Report An Error
This item is currently unavailable, but here are some similar products
No Similar Items Available
We can't currently find any similar items for the XR Mission by Salomon. Sorry!
Interested in new Salomon products?
Salomon began in the heart of the French Alps in 1947. Created by Francois Salomon and his son George, they designed and crafted the first modern ski bindings. For over 60 years, Salomonâ€™s commitment to innovative design and passion for mountain sports has been their inspiration for developing top quality clothing, footwear and accessories.
Sold in over 160 countries, the Salomon brand is a global icon. Because of their performance oriented design, Salomon is able to drive innovation and progression to mountain sports.
Salomon footwear is designed to leave you comfortable and light, allowing more freedom of movement from light hiking, to trekking, running and amphibious sports, Salomon strikes the perfect balance between weight and durability, while providing maximum pleasure for all styles of outdoor activity. Lightweight and protective, these styles are designed to address the performance needs of the adventurous.
0% Full size too large
10% Half size too Large
90% True to size
0% Half size too small
0% Full size too small
95% Felt true to width
0% Felt narrower than marked
5% Felt wider than marked
75% Excellent arch support
25% Moderate arch support
0% No arch support
Salomon XR Mission
Make no mistake about it the new Salomon XR Mission are not necessarily running shoes. To label them as such might undermine the intent of the wonderful design team at Salomon. Weighing in at 14 ounces the Mission XR are far from the minimalist shoes that everyone seems to be pushing in today's marketplace. Trust me as a lifelong athlete, runner, Triathlete the minimalist trend is going to send a lot of innocent athletes to the Orthopedists over the next few years, that is unless someone has been secretly been injecting concrete and asphalt softener into the roads. The XRs are comfortable out of the box,with no noticeable adjustment period. The Salomon lacing system is incredible and allows for instant adjustment and fine tuning for the perfect fit. Since I have said they are not running shoes, what are they? The XR Missions are made for cross training they are particularly modified for serious fitness walkers. The comfort and support level are exceptional and work as equally well from sidewalk to trail. Incredibly, in this reviewer's assessment, the XR Missions are the best multi-purpose shoes to hit the market for quite some time. If you want running specific shoes go to Asics, but for everything else the newly minted XR Missions are perfect for the job.
I'd also recommend: Asics
- Terry H - customer
- from Charleston, WV
- January 14, 2012
Stop the bus! Riotously conspicuous, anonymity denied, your neighbors will see you from 1/2 mile distance. I use the North Face Women's Ultra 50 for trail running and use the Salomon XR Mission for about town. Comfortable, true to fit (I just scaled down commensurately on size), these sneakers are out-of-the-box fantastic. All pros, no cons, except a side note to commit no transgressions while sporting these kicks; the bobbies will have you locked up in 5 minutes.
I'd also recommend: North Face
- Dakota - customer
- May 17, 2012
Very soft shoe, very light weight and the tread on the bottom is true for trail walking or running. Love the shoe. I bought the shoe for my partner and looks hot on. :X
Felt true to size
Felt true to width
Moderate arch support
- Jeannie A - customer
- from Fayetteville, NC
- May 10, 2012
I am just waiting for the size 7½ to arrive. I tried the 8, the smallest size, at a local sporting goods store two days ago. The fit was good, support and comfort were right on! I did not buy the shoes because they were 1/2" longer, though it felt great. The width on these is D, I normally am 4E. I just want to try the 7½ to see how they fit. Hopefully, like the 8 or better.
- Chris - customer
- from SoCal
- March 26, 2012
It's one of the best I've worn so far in addition to XA 3D Ultra 2.
I'd also recommend: Salomon is good enough.
- Kazim A - customer
- from San Francisco
- March 20, 2012