We're sorry, but this product is currently unavailable.Email me if this product returns
14% Full size too large
14% Half size too Large
57% True to size
14% Half size too small
0% Full size too small
86% Felt true to width
0% Felt narrower than marked
14% Felt wider than marked
43% Excellent arch support
43% Moderate arch support
14% No arch support
- View the Video Description for this product! (Please note that the color shown in the video may no longer be available.)
- Add new warmth and unique design to your wardrobe with the Basel clog from Birkenstock®.
- Soft wool and oiled leather upper with a fully adjustable buckle strap for a secure and custom fit.
- Anatomically correct cork/latex footbed, crafted from cork that is 100% renewable and sustainable, encourages foot health.
- The suede lined, contoured footbed will mold to the shape of your foot creating a custom footbed that supports and cradles you each and every step.
- Raised toe bar is designed to encourage the natural gripping motion of your feet, exercising your legs and aiding circulation.
- Neutral heel profile and deep heel cup keeps the natural padding of your foot where it belongs, under the heel, distributing your body weight more evenly.
- Flexible EVA outsole offers lightweight, shock absorbing support with lasting durability.
- Dual layer Jute: top wicks away moisture while the bottom adds strength and makes resoling easy.
- You will enjoy your Birkenstocks for years because they can be repaired, resoled or even completely renewed.
- Heat Warning - Cork footbeds or EVA soles can be damaged by exposure to concentrated heat. Do not leave your footwear in direct sunlight or in closed cars on warm days. If your footwear becomes wet, allow it to air dry slowly, away from direct heat.
- Made in Germany.
- Click here for more information about Birkenstock's widths.
- Weight: 10 oz
- Product measurements were taken using size 44 (US Men's 11-11.5, Women's 13-13.5), width Regular. Please note that measurements may vary by size.
Find something wrong in this description? Help us fix it! Report An Error
Average rating is 4 out of 5 from a total of 8 reviews.
Top Positive Review
3 people found this review helpful.
Cute and stylish for a clog! I usually don't even like clogs, but these are cozy, comfy, and adorable. Great to slip on for a casual weekend or taking the dog for a walk. I normally wear a size 6 so I ordered the "6-6.5" but ended up having to exchange for the "5-5.5" in narrow. Keep that in mind!Read more » « Show less October 29, 2011 by Ashley L
Cute and stylish for a clog! I usually don't even like clogs, but these are cozy, comfy, and adorable. Great to slip on for a casual weekend or taking the dog for a walk. I normally wear a size 6 so I ordered the "6-6.5" but ended up having to exchange for the "5-5.5" in narrow. Keep that in mind!
Felt a full size larger than marked
Felt true to width
Moderate arch support
- Ashley L - customer
- from United States
- October 29, 2011
There are so bulky...prehistoric looking. I'm stuck with this pair and can't return. But they look awful on you feet and I have not found any outfit yet that it will go with.
Felt true to size
Felt wider than marked
No arch support
- Anastasia - customer
- November 3, 2011
I love these slippers/clogs! I was looking for a quality pair of slippers. I was tired of buying a pair of lower quality every two years. At $40 a pop, that's $480 in 12 yrs.; Birks, a fraction of that cost. A quality investment! And, I really like the comfort and support you get from Birkenstock. Zappos, it goes without saying, is always exceedingly great! I will always buy Birkenstocks from Zappos.
- Justray - customer
- from Northern California
- February 12, 2012
I have narrow feet and I love these! The wool is soft and warm. It has a lower profile and I am wearing them without socks. They are so supportive and great.
- Anonymous - customer
- February 4, 2012
A cute alternative to the Boston Birkenstocks; I especially like the wool for fall and winter. When ordering any type of Birkenstock, make sure to double check your size as well as width. Zappos' customer service, though always wonderful, was exceedingly brilliant while exchanging another pair for this pair (I ordered the wrong width in another Birkenstock style, almost 6 months ago, but they exchanged those for these, with no issues). True to size, width, and color. I'm very happy. :)
- Shruti N - customer
- January 12, 2012