Marmot Minimalist Jacket
We're sorry, but this product is currently unavailable.Email me if this product returns
- Marmot Apparel Size Guide
- Let the Minimalist Jacket protect you from the worst weather Mother Nature has to offer.
- GORE-TEX® Paclite® Shell is extremely breathable, windproof, and waterproof with minimal weight and pack volume.
- Fully taped seams keep the moisture out.
- Attached storm hood features an adjustable drawstring.
- DriClime®-lined chin guard.
- Snap and Velcro® storm flap over full-zip front closure.
- Angel-Wing Movement™ allows arms full range of motion.
- PitZips™ under arms provide rapid heat dump when opened.
- Zip hand pockets.
- Velcro® adjustable cuffs.
- Drawcord hem for a dialed-in fit.
- GORE-TEX® Pac-Lite® 100% polyester.
- Machine wash warm, tumble dry warm.
- Length: 26 in
- Product measurements were taken using size XS. Please note that measurements may vary by size.
- View This Model's Measurements
Find something wrong in this description? Help us fix it! Report An Error
Marmot Minimalist Jacket
This jacket is fantastic. It's waterproof and strong, but at the same time light and compactible. The underarm zippers allow for easy ventilation, and also allow access to layers under the jacket (for instance, I can reach into the pockets of my fleece through the pit-zip holes). It's form-fitting and adjustable enough to look good on different body shapes, with or without layers underneath. I'm 5'8" and weigh 135 lbs. I would normally be a small, but I usually wear a medium in jackets because (like someone else who wrote a review) I have wide shoulders. One note on the color -- I previously bought the "vibrant purple" but the color turned out to be more of a bright puce, rather than the deep purple that was shown on my screen. I now have the "grass green," which was more true to the color shown. Marmot is a great brand in general, and this jacket, being Goretex, is even better. Highly recommended!
- Jessica N - customer
- from Boston, MA
- January 18, 2013
This rain jacket is truly waterproof and doesn't look like a billowing trash bag on my 5"10, 150-lb frame. I normally wear a Medium, but have wide shoulders that force me to buy coats in a Large. I tried rain jackets by Patagonia (pretty colors, but billowy in a large) and North Face (better fit in the body, but sleeves too short for my long arms). I also tried Columbia (better fit in the body, but no covered zipper). At this price, I'd love at least one inside pocket (preferably zippered). While this jacket provides no warmth (I wear it with a thick fleece underneath for walking the dogs), it does keep me completely dry in the areas it covers. I live in the Pacific Northwest where we get lots of rain, and wish I'd bought this jacket a long time ago. The hood is roomy enough to cover my head even with a hat on. In all, one of the best waterproof jackets out there.
I'd also recommend: Patagonia, North Face, Columbia
- Anonymous - customer
- from Portland, Oregon
- December 19, 2012