- View the Video Description for this product! (Please note that the color shown in the video may no longer be available.)
- Patagonia Apparel Size Guide
- You've been talking about going big−now there's a jacket that can help you get there. The Super Alpine Jacket craves challenging climbs and exciting expeditions, just like you.
- 40-denier, three-layer GORE-TEX® Pro Shell provides durable, waterproof, breathable protection.
- 150-denier reinforced panels in high-abrasion areas.
- DWR (durable water repellent) finish sheds moisture.
- Micro-grid interior increases breathability.
- Two-way adjustable hood is helmet compatible and features a laminated visor.
- Modified Y-Joint™ sleeves provide full range of motion without making your jacket ride up.
- Underarm zip vents.
- Gasket Dry cuffs block out wet weather thanks to their low-profile design and pleated gussets.
- Full-length zip.
- Two hardness-friendly zip hand pockets and one inner zip pocket.
- Drawcord hem.
- Touch Point System™ embeds cord locks in hood and hem for fast fit adjustments that seal out the snow and rain.
- Slim Zip construction features coated, watertight zippers for reduced weight and bulk.
- 100% nylon.
- Machine wash warm and tumble dry low.
- Length: 33 in
- Product measurements were taken using size LG. Please note that measurements may vary by size.
- View This Model's Measurements
Find something wrong in this description? Help us fix it! Report An Error
This item is currently unavailable, but here are some similar products
No Similar Items Available
We can't currently find any similar items for the Super Alpine Jacket by Patagonia. Sorry!
Interested in new Patagonia products?
Patagonia's values reflect those of a business that started as a band of climbers and surfers who wanted to stay out as long as they can, doing what they love, no matter the weather. Patagonia's design approach to every product, from technical shells for snow and ice, to moisture-wicking underclothes, to everyday clothes, demonstrates a functional bias toward simplicity and utility. Quality is impeccable, and the guarantee lifelong.
Patagonia's love of wild and beautiful places demands participation in the fight to save them and to help reverse the steep decline in the overall environmental health of the planet. They use organic cotton; most polyester is recycled. They give moral support - and 1% of sales, $25 million to date - to hundreds of grassroots environmental groups in the U.S., Europe and Japan.
Full disclosure, I am a Gore-Tex Mountaintech. This jacket is the absolute best shell I have ever used. It has all the stuff you want: waterproof, windproof, breathable, lightweight. It also has fully adjustable hood, sweet soft wrist gaskets, big pit zips. I am 6'1 190 lbs, and a large fits me perfect; large enough to put layer underneath, or on warmer days just a single layer will treat you well. Bottom line, if you are looking for a solid, well constructed Gore-Tex shell with all the bells and whistles and the stamp of approval from Patagonia, this is the jacket.
- Anonymous - customer
- December 23, 2012
Talk about a good first impression. Right after I got this jacket I was in the thick of it that was Super Storm/ Hurricane Sandy. In both the rain and the snow that it dumped on us it certainly proved its worth. Hands down my favorite thing about this jacket is the wrist gaskets...what a great addition. The fit is spot on as it is cut athletic but easy to layer underneath as the temps drop. At this point I have been through multiple Gore-Tex Shells and this is my favorite so far. It's burly and is taking all the abuse I can give it. As a disclaimer I test products for the Gore company.
- Anonymous - customer
- December 21, 2012
6.1 215 pounds. i have a large and i can layer under it. this is a serious jacket. the cuffs have a rubbery gasket that has a great seal. the hood is designed with helmet use in mind. good pocket layout(expand for extra stuff). It's Proshell so it's tough but still light enough so it packs well. good breath-ability and the Pitzips help regulate heat. I usually stick with arc'teryx because of their great fit for me and of course their quality. This Patagonia shell is well worth it. You won't be disappointed to own it. As a disclaimer I receive products from gore for the purpose of testing and reviewing.
I'd also recommend: arc'teryx
- Edward - customer
- from western mass
- December 3, 2012
I have found a new go to jacket. I thought the Arc'teryx Beta AR was perfect but this one is even better. This is the perfect 3 season storm shell. It fits over an insulating layer. The pockets are well placed and the pit zips are so easy to use with one hand. The inside pocket works well for holding keys or other small items. The only other con is that some people might not like the bright colors. I am 5'11" and 180 lbs and a large provides room for a softshell underneath in the winter without being too large without. As a disclaimer, I am affiliated with Gore for product testing of Gore-Tex products for the purpose of product review and recommendation. I do receive items from Gore for these purposes.
- Mikey1299 - customer
- from Madison, WI
- November 21, 2012