- View the Video Description for this product! (Please note that the color shown in the video may no longer be available.)
- Patagonia Apparel Size Guide
- You've been talking about going big—now there's a jacket that can help you get there. The Super Alpine Jacket craves challenging climbs and exciting expeditions, just like you.
- 40-denier, three-layer GORE-TEX® Pro Shell provides durable, waterproof, breathable protection.
- 150-denier reinforced panels in high-abrasion areas.
- DWR (durable water repellent) finish sheds moisture.
- Micro-grid interior increases breathability.
- Two-way adjustable hood is helmet compatible and features a laminated visor.
- Modified Y-Joint™ sleeves provide full range of motion without making your jacket ride up.
- Underarm zip vents.
- Gasket Dry cuffs block out wet weather thanks to their low-profile design and pleated gussets.
- Full-length zip.
- Two hardness-friendly zip hand pockets and one inner zip pocket.
- Drawcord hem.
- Touch Point System™ embeds cord locks in hood and hem for fast fit adjustments that seal out the snow and rain.
- Slim Zip construction features coated, watertight zippers for reduced weight and bulk.
- 100% nylon.
- Machine wash warm and tumble dry low.
- View This Model's Measurements
Find something wrong in this description? Help us fix it! Report An Error
This item is currently unavailable, but here are some similar products
No Similar Items Available
We can't currently find any similar items for the Super Alpine Jacket by Patagonia. Sorry!
Interested in new Patagonia products?
Patagonia's values reflect those of a business that started as a band of climbers and surfers who wanted to stay out as long as they can, doing what they love, no matter the weather. Patagonia's design approach to every product, from technical shells for snow and ice, to moisture-wicking underclothes, to everyday clothes, demonstrates a functional bias toward simplicity and utility. Quality is impeccable, and the guarantee lifelong.
Patagonia's love of wild and beautiful places demands participation in the fight to save them and to help reverse the steep decline in the overall environmental health of the planet. They use organic cotton; most polyester is recycled. They give moral support - and 1% of sales, $25 million to date - to hundreds of grassroots environmental groups in the U.S., Europe and Japan.
The Super Alpine jacket is the nicest piece of outdoor clothing I've ever owned. I am a Gore Mountaintech, and recently got this jacket for skiing, hiking, and everyday rainy Oregon living. The jacket s construction is technical, classy, and flawless. No unnecessary stuff dangling around, ready to get caught on your climbing skin loops, ropes, etc. The alpine fit means less bulky material around your arms and torso, but enough room to stow things in the pleated pockets, a hood that can go over any helmet, and a length that keeps you covered in a ski yard sale. As a kayaker, I also love the gasket cuffs, and wish every one of my jackets especially for wet weather cycling and field work had them. So far, I ve used this jacket for wet ski days, rainy hikes, and all over town. I m a huge fan of Pro Shell, and paired with Patagonia s bomber exterior fabric and DWR finish, the water beads up and stays outside no matter how wet and warm the conditions, or my level of activity. I ve only used the pit zips for one especially aerobic climb, and was impressed with their easy operation and ability to give you some serious venting. Other details: I m between an XS and S in Patagonia, and often have to size up because of shoulder width. The XS has wide enough shoulders (yay!!) and was less bulky for me. I can fit my nano puff jacket, a thick cap layer, and a vest under the shell, and can even get my down jacket in there in a pinch. The arms are definitely the most limiting factor for stowing extra layers under this shell, as they are quite slim. Overall, this jacket is a keeper!
- Ouzel - customer
- March 27, 2013