- View the Video Description for this product! (Please note that the color shown in the video may no longer be available.)
- Commute on your bike with the handy and versatile Critical Mass by Patagonia®. It will fit all your essentials safe and secure.
- Main compartment has removable/modular padded computer sleeve that attaches to the removable waistbelt to create an on-the-go computer sling and free up valuable space; sleeve holds 15"- 17" laptop safely above ground; internal zippered security pocket and organization for pens: light-colored lining makes contents easy to find.
- Large elastic stuff pocket holds jacket or sweater.
- Outside pocket on cover flap has water-resistant zipper; external side pocket for easy-access to water bottle, cell phone, keys or power brick.
- Topside carrying handle.
- Adjustable padded shoulder strap has detachable, fleece-lined electronics pocket.
- Waistbelt secures bag, detaches and stows when not needed.
- Flap overlaps sides to keep out rain; reflective strip improves visibility in low light.
- 8.4-oz 600-denier 100% recycled polyester. Lining: 3.3-oz 200-denier polyester. Both with polyurethane coating and a Deluge® DWR (durable water repellent) finish.
- 1051 g (2 lbs 5 oz).
- Dimensinos: 18.5 x 15 x 6.5 in.
- Volume: 30 L.
Find something wrong in this description? Help us fix it! Report An Error
This item is currently unavailable, but here are some similar products
No Similar Items Available
We can't currently find any similar items for the Critical Mass by Patagonia. Sorry!
Interested in new Patagonia products?
Patagonia's values reflect those of a business that started as a band of climbers and surfers who wanted to stay out as long as they can, doing what they love, no matter the weather. Patagonia's design approach to every product, from technical shells for snow and ice, to moisture-wicking underclothes, to everyday clothes, demonstrates a functional bias toward simplicity and utility. Quality is impeccable, and the guarantee lifelong.
Patagonia's love of wild and beautiful places demands participation in the fight to save them and to help reverse the steep decline in the overall environmental health of the planet. They use organic cotton; most polyester is recycled. They give moral support - and 1% of sales, $25 million to date - to hundreds of grassroots environmental groups in the U.S., Europe and Japan.
Patagonia Critical Mass
I was looking for a bag to carry my 15 inch Mac Book, but this was far too big for my needs. The design of the laptop sleeve is very clever, but is better suited for a 17 inch laptop. The rest of the bag is cavernous and I could see losing things in it as there aren't any useful organization pockets. Of course I didn't use it much, but the handle didn't appear to offer long-term reliability. My final grievance is that adjusting the long shoulder strap was cumbersome and I was left with too much slack and nowhere to put it. That said, the bag is a nice color, has a useful reflector band and straps to secure it around your waist should you use it as an actual messenger bag. The style is simple and the construction (minus the handle) looks adequate. In the end it was too big so I opted for a bag by Keen.
- Pete G - customer
- March 25, 2011
This is the best bag ever! The size is perfect. It fits my laptop and books. I love the fact that it is waterproof also. I would highly recommend this bag.
- Felicia - customer
- from Charleston, SC
- November 24, 2011
I love this bag. It is a much better design than the older critical mass. The bag features better storage and more structure making it a better laptop bag.
- Anonymous - customer
- from Adirondacks, NY
- October 19, 2011
Purchased this bag because I am an environmental graphic designer and need to carry 11x17 documents. I stuff it with my laptop, magazines, markers, electronics and cords, and still have room. A good bag, comfortable strap.
- Anonymous - customer
- from Philadelphia, PA
- March 15, 2012
Overall this is a very nice bag and I love it. I love the color, it is very capacious. The shoulder strap is extremely comfortable and the cell phone holder on the strap is very convenient. There is a separate laptop sleeve. You can fit both a water bottle and a coffee cup in the side pocket. This bag is really big. I read this in other reviews and was not worried as I carry a lot of stuff with me. But it is really big. My 17" screen laptop was supposed to fit in the sleeve, and it barely fits. I wish there were more internal pockets.
- Meghan H - customer
- from Wisconsin
- April 3, 2011