- View the Video Description for this product! (Please note that the color shown in the video may no longer be available.)
- Built for carrying wet stuff with a waterproof barrier, the Patagonia® Atacama daypack has got you covered for a day at the beach, desert mountains and everywhere in between.
- Generous main compartment with dump pockets for quick organization on the go.
- Internal organization has plenty of options for electronics and daily supplies, complete with secure lanyard for house and/or car keys.
- Interior padded computer sleeve fits most 17" laptops and is raised off the ground to protect from impact; sleeve secures with a buckle closure and doubles as an insulated hydration reservoir complete with tube port.
- Exterior pocket holds wet items, accommodates a wetsuit and protects interior contents.
- Adjustable webbing with buckles carries a skateboard or bulky clothing.
- Stretch-woven pockets accommodate water bottles of various shapes and sizes.
- Airflow mesh shoulder straps and back panel; adjustable sternum strap with emergency whistle.
- Top-mounted, reinforced haul handle.
- Fabric: (All treated with a Deluge® DWR (durable water repellent) finish.
•Body: 420-denier 100% nylon oxford plain weave.
•Base: 840-denier 100% ballistics nylon.
•Lining: 200-denier 100% polyester.
•Stretch woven: 92% nylon/8% spandex.
- Capacity: 28 L.
- Dimensions: 20" H x 12.5" W x 10" D.
- Weight: 1 lb 14 oz.
- Bottom Width: 13 in
- Middle Width: 13 in
- Top Width: 10 1⁄2 in
- Depth: 6 1⁄2 in
- Height: 19 in
- Strap Length: 36 in
- Strap Drop: 18 in
- Handle Length: 8 in
- Handle Drop: 3 in
- Weight: 1 lb 9 oz
Find something wrong in this description? Help us fix it! Report An Error
This item is currently unavailable, but here are some similar products
No Similar Items Available
We can't currently find any similar items for the Atacama Pack 28L by Patagonia. Sorry!
Interested in new Patagonia products?
Patagonia's values reflect those of a business that started as a band of climbers and surfers who wanted to stay out as long as they can, doing what they love, no matter the weather. Patagonia's design approach to every product, from technical shells for snow and ice, to moisture-wicking underclothes, to everyday clothes, demonstrates a functional bias toward simplicity and utility. Quality is impeccable, and the guarantee lifelong.
Patagonia's love of wild and beautiful places demands participation in the fight to save them and to help reverse the steep decline in the overall environmental health of the planet. They use organic cotton; most polyester is recycled. They give moral support - and 1% of sales, $25 million to date - to hundreds of grassroots environmental groups in the U.S., Europe and Japan.
Patagonia Atacama Pack 28L
The day my Atacama pack arrived, I needed it as a carry-on for a 5 day trip. I loaded my 16 inch laptop into the laptop sleeve, then dropped my very large toiletries bag into the bottom, along with my laptop charger, phone charger, iPad, wireless mouse, deodorant, various pens and other small items, a pair of sunglasses in the microfiber-lined pocket, and an 800-page book. I still had a little room to spare. It ended up pouring on me as I was walking downtown Chicago that night. The water-resistant pack was Seriously water-resistant; nothing got wet at all and the rain just beaded up on the fabric and wiped right off. The sternum and belt straps really helped to distribute the weight of the pack (it was about 30 pounds) evenly across my shoulders and back, so that made it a lot easier to carry over a number of hours. I bought the ginkgo green color, and it looks exactly as pictured on Zappos. Very bright and colorful. Oh yeah, last thing. I ordered it at 6:30 pm central time, and it arrived on my doorstep at 3 pm the next day. Incredible.
I'd also recommend: The North Face
- Mike - customer
- from Naperville
- July 6, 2011
The backpack is awesome. The straps keeps it nice and tight as possible. And the size is perfect, around the mid range side: not too big not too small.
- Ted N - customer
- from Riverside CA
- October 20, 2011
I love this backpack. It had everything I was looking for, the dual water holders on the side were a must for me. There are lots of little storage areas.
- Dan F - customer
- from Golden Colorado
- July 17, 2011
Bought for a college senior. Recently took it on a music festival camping trip where it rained the entire time. He told me he was the only one with everything in the backpack completely dry after three days of wearing it in the rain.
- Anonymous - customer
- from Michigan
- September 30, 2011
Great Backpack. Plenty of space and great pockets for organization. Padded straps help keep pressure off your shoulders.
- Peter S - customer
- August 10, 2011