- View the Video Description for this product! (Please note that the color shown in the video may no longer be available.)
- With a focus on heel stability and light weight, this classic technical running shoe from the '80s is a stunning combination of comfort and style for the woman looking to accentuate her "casual Fridays" ensemble! From form-flattering jeans to your flirtiest top—nothing says you're ready for the weekend than a pair of the Ultimate 81® from Onitsuka Tiger®!
- All vegan uppers for the self-conscious user.
- Padded collar and tongue.
- Textile lining and a perforated insole for all-day comfort.
- Traditional lace up front for optimum fit.
- Abrasion-resistant TPU heel strip for added support.
- Two-tone EVA midsole with flex channels on the heel for exceptional cushioning.
- Abrasive rubber outsole for traction and durability.
- Weight: 8 oz
- Product measurements were taken using size 7, width B - Medium. Please note that measurements may vary by size.
Find something wrong in this description? Help us fix it! Report An Error
This item is currently unavailable, but here are some similar products
No Similar Items Available
We can't currently find any similar items for the Ultimate 81® by Onitsuka Tiger by Asics. Sorry!
Interested in new Onitsuka Tiger by Asics products?
As the Japanese people recovered from the second world war and began to appreciate the benefits of sports, Onitsuka Tiger™ shoes were on their feet. The first basketball shoes in Japan had a tiger face design on the arch of the foot and this became Onitsuka's trademark. In the 1960's, Onitsuka Tiger™ shoes were worn not only by the Japanese, but also by top foreign athletes.
In 2001, ASICS America Corporation quietly resurrected the Onitsuka Tiger™ brand with original models of Onitsuka shoes and Onitsuka clothing updated in today's flavorful colors. Over the past few years, the Onitsuka Tiger™ brand has been enjoying a growing number of new, dedicated shoe followers along with a steady desire for Onitsuka clothing and Onitsuka bags, realized today on Zappos.com. Through sometimes secretive grassroots marketing efforts, ASICS® has been able to spread this word about this authentic comeback for Onitsuka Tiger™.
Now that the secret is out... Onitsuka Tiger™ is a growing and highly sought after brand with its ever-growing lineup of Onitsuka Tiger™ shoes, Onitsuka Tiger™ clothing and Onitsuka Tiger™ bags. There are more Onitsuka Tiger™ mens´s and Onitsuka Tiger™ women´s models just sitting in the ASICS® vault waiting to be re-released. The future is what this retro brand has to look forward to. Because ASICS® knows that there are people out there who don't need to run fast...they just want to look good.
0% Full size too large
12% Half size too Large
78% True to size
10% Half size too small
0% Full size too small
89% Felt true to width
4% Felt narrower than marked
6% Felt wider than marked
25% Excellent arch support
71% Moderate arch support
4% No arch support
Onitsuka Tiger by Asics Ultimate 81®
These are my favorite shoes ever! However, I usually buy the mens and had to go up a half size in womens because they were a bit narrow & tight.
- Anonymous - customer
- April 9, 2013
I needed some comfy tennis shoes to walk around all day in for a week solid on vacation. These totally fit the bill! Great support, really cute color (pink), and fit true to size! I wear an 8.5 and that is what I ordered. :) Love them! Thanks Zappos!
- Jess1378 - customer
- from Highlands Ranch, Colorado
- March 22, 2013
Right shoe was just a little short and bumped my big toe way too much to walk comfortably. Too bad, too, because I liked the style. The color was a lot brighter orange than the "melon" color that appeared on my monitor. Traded them in for the Onitsuka Tiger by Asics Mexico 66® Paraty, which I love.
I'd also recommend: Keds Champion
- LinOne - customer
- from Virginia
- March 19, 2013
Felt true to size
Felt true to width
Excellent arch support
- Erica D - customer
- from Maryland
- January 31, 2013
When I first tried these on, I was apprehensive that the arch area would be too narrow or tight (I have relatively flat feet) but after wearing this a few times, the shoes loosened up and they were fine. I wear these sneakers on weekends when I'm walking around the city and they're perfect for that. The shoes are extremely comfortable. They have enough of a lift so I'm not stepping on my jeans (unlike Pumas). If I had more closet space I would look to buy a few more of these shoes in different colors.
Felt a half size smaller than marked
Felt true to width
- Anonymous - customer
- from New York, NY
- January 26, 2013