- View the Video Description for this product! (Please note that the color shown in the video may no longer be available.)
- Someday the city's busy lull is just what you need to get your mind off the day. Other times you crave the serene hush of the trail. Regardless of the day, you can count on the Newton® Terra Momentum to carry you over a variety of terrain.
- Adjusting to Newton running shoes will depend upon several factors including: your current running shoes, your running form, gait efficiency, as well as your speed and flexibility. Those new to natural running form, or those transitioning from a shoe with traditional cushioning will benefit from spending adequate time adjusting. This is because your body will need time to lengthen the muscles and tendons on the back of the leg and under the foot.
- Newton recommends that first-timers walk in their shoes for several days to become accustomed to the level platform. Walking barefoot on safe and comfortable surfaces can also be helpful. Once ready, begin by introducing short runs of no longer than 15 minutes every other day. Gradually add 10-15 minutes as your feet and leg muscles begin to strengthen. If you experience soreness that persists for more than two days, reduce time in shoes immediately. Rest and ice the area until the soreness subsides, then slowly begin introducing time in shoes again.
- Designed to fit the needs of most gait types. Ideal for the runner looking for a versatile, daily trainer that can transition from the road to the trail seamlessly.
- Closed mesh upper keeps debris out while maintaining breathability.
- Non-stretch upper materials and webbing provide lateral stability.
- Slip-proof laces with double eyelets that help lock down the heel.
- Reinforced toe cap.
- Lightweight, flexible molded polyurethane support frame.
- Reflective hits for added visibility.
- Gusseted tongue helps keep debris out.
- Tongue and heel pull loops for an easier on and off.
- Plush tongue and collar for added comfort.
- Fabric lining supplies a soft step-in feel.
- ETC antifriction, antimicrobial sockliner promotes a great in-shoe environment.
- Accommodates most orthotics.
- Mid-foot and rearfoot support chassis for increased stability.
- Tuned Action/Reaction Technology: A highly responsive, trampoline-like and engaging midsole cushioning that protects and loses less energy with each step.
- Tuned, firm, high-rebound EVA.
- Biomechanical Sensor Plate allows the foot to sense the ground promoting a lighter, more efficient stride.
- Heel/ Forefoot Differential: 5mm.
- High-traction, high-durability rubber outsole.
- Weight: 10 oz
- Product measurements were taken using size 8, width B - Medium. Please note that measurements may vary by size.
Find something wrong in this description? Help us fix it! Report An Error
This item is currently unavailable, but here are some similar products
No Similar Items Available
We can't currently find any similar items for the Women's Terra Momentum by Newton Running. Sorry!
Interested in new Newton Running products?
A leader in natural running, Newton believes that maintaining natural running form without being barefoot requires a shoe that allows the foot to connect with the ground as though it is shoeless. Any geometric change interferes with the natural gait, which is why every shoe is built on a level platform that mimics the foot’s natural geometry. Unhindered, flexible movement is essential, as long as the shoe is still protective enough to prevent injury over harsh terrain.
Newton encourages landing on the mid-foot to forefoot. When you walk, you heel strike. Sprinting propels you forward, causing you to land on your toes. The brand believes that optimal running gait falls somewhere in between. To help maintain this, Newton has taken great care to research and design their shoes. You will find technologies like Active Membrane Technology™, Action/Reaction Technology™ and the Biomechanical Sensor Plate throughout the line.
So who are Newton running shoes for? They are for runners who are already mid-foot or forefoot strikers, as well as those who are working on transitioning from heel striking to a more natural running form.
Slip into a Newton running shoe and experience the science of motion.
0% Full size too large
8% Half size too Large
67% True to size
17% Half size too small
8% Full size too small
94% Felt true to width
0% Felt narrower than marked
6% Felt wider than marked
47% Excellent arch support
53% Moderate arch support
0% No arch support
Newton Running Women's Terra Momentum
I have worn this model of Newtons for 3 years, and every single right shoe has torn near the pinky toe. When you are spending this much on a pair of shoes, you want them to last...at least for the 300 miles that Newtons says the shoes are good for. I contacted Newton, and by their request, I sent them pictures of 6 separate pairs of my Terra Momentum Newtons. The response I got back from them was basically, "Wow, sorry, that is odd. Our Research Department needs to know about this user experience, so I will forward these on. And, because I know shoes are an investment, here is a code for 15% off your next pair." Through an email platform, it is not a very genuine gesture. I'm moving on to Nike and Brooks, because I can't stomach this much money down the drain anymore. Good to know is that I am 5'11" and 150 lbs. I run 5 miles a day on trails, the exact terrain these shoes were supposedly made for. Also, my other models of Newtons never tore. I don't have any foot problems, but these shoes seem to have a quality problem.
Felt a full size smaller than marked
Felt true to width
- Jami - customer
- from Oakland, CA
- January 9, 2013
I've owned two pairs of the Terra's and it has been love at the first wearing. Over the years I have developed Morton's Neuroma in my right foot (between the toes and the ball of the foot). Exercise was getting to be very painful since every step I took landed me right on that pinched nerve. I saw the Newtons one day and gave them a try. The scooped up toe kept me off the painful spot and I've been wearing them ever since. These shoes have been very important to my comfort and my ability to continue exercising. Thanks Newton!
I'd also recommend: none
- Michelle - customer
- from Canada
- January 30, 2013
I wore these running today for the first time and they did not hurt my feet at all! As a matter of fact these are the best sneakers I have ever worn running! A lot of bounce and cushion! I'm looking for my second pair now! I wear a 9 but got a 9.5. Try going up a 1/2 size! Cushion on the ball and back of foot so you don't slam your heels down. You will love these!
I'd also recommend: another pair of Newtons
Felt a half size smaller than marked
Felt true to width
- Jill B - customer
- from NY
- August 19, 2012
These were my first running shoes ever and I love them! The lugs on the ball of the foot really teach you how to avoid the heel strike. I would recommend them to anyone - I thought they were amazing. I'm a fan of multi colored kicks, so these were perfect for me.
I'd also recommend: Saucony Kinvara
- Anonymous - customer
- from NYC
- August 1, 2012
This is hands down the best running shoe I have ever owned (I am 42 and have been running for 25 years). It is true what they say about Newton shoes, they help you with your strike and I find that I am no longer striking on my heel. My knees are both bone on bone and since starting with Newton (this is my second pair) I have not once experienced knee pain. SO worth the money, and they look awesome and fit perfectly!
- Anonymous - customer
- from Denver, CO
- June 16, 2013