- View the Video Description for this product! (Please note that the color shown in the video may no longer be available.)
- Leave them stunned and breathless as you fly by in the MV² from Newton®!
- Adjusting to Newton running shoes will depend upon several factors including: your current running shoes, your running form, gait efficiency, as well as your speed and flexibility. Those new to natural running form or those transitioning from a shoe with traditional cushioning will benefit from spending adequate time adjusting. This is because your body will need time to lengthen the muscles and tendons on the back of the leg and under the foot.
- Newton recommends first-timers walk in their shoes for several days to become accustomed to the level platform. Walking barefoot on safe and comfortable surfaces can also be helpful. Once ready, begin by introducing short runs of no longer than 15 minutes every other day. Gradually add 10-15 minutes as your feet and leg muscles begin to strengthen. If you experience soreness that persists for more than two days, reduce time in shoes immediately. Rest and ice the area until the soreness subsides, then slowly begin introducing time in shoes again.
- Sizing: Newton recommends ordering a ½ size larger than you average shoe size.
- An ultralightweight racing flat that boasts a zero-drop differential and is designed for serious speed.
Includes an optional 3mm lift.
- Ultralight, highly breathable, fast-drying, open mesh upper offers a glove-like fit.
- Seamless synthetic overlays are anatomically placed for light structural support.
- Slip-proof laces with double eyelets that help lock down the heel.
- Plush tongue and collar for added comfort.
- Fabric lining supplies a soft step-in feel.
- ETC anti-friction, antimicrobial sockliner promotes a great in-shoe environment.
- Second-Generation Action/Reaction Technology: A highly responsive, trampoline-like and engaging midsole cushioning that protects and loses less energy with each step.
- High-rebound EVA.
- Biomechanical Sensor Plate allows the foot to sense the ground promoting a lighter, more efficient stride.
- Met-flex for enhanced forefoot flexibility.
- Drainage points allow for the dispelling of moisture.
- High-density rubber at the toe and heel.
- 5mm lugs at mid-foot for optimal traction.
- Weight: 7 oz
- Product measurements were taken using size 11, width D - Medium. Please note that measurements may vary by size.
Find something wrong in this description? Help us fix it! Report An Error
This item is currently unavailable, but here are some similar products
No Similar Items Available
We can't currently find any similar items for the Men's MV² by Newton Running. Sorry!
Interested in new Newton Running products?
A leader in natural running, Newton believes that maintaining natural running form without being barefoot requires a shoe that allows the foot to connect with the ground as though it is shoeless. Any geometric change interferes with the natural gait, which is why every shoe is built on a level platform that mimics the foot’s natural geometry. Unhindered, flexible movement is essential, as long as the shoe is still protective enough to prevent injury over harsh terrain.
Newton encourages landing on the mid-foot to forefoot. When you walk, you heel strike. Sprinting propels you forward, causing you to land on your toes. The brand believes that optimal running gait falls somewhere in between. To help maintain this, Newton has taken great care to research and design their shoes. You will find technologies like Active Membrane Technology™, Action/Reaction Technology™ and the Biomechanical Sensor Plate throughout the line.
So who are Newton running shoes for? They are for runners who are already mid-foot or forefoot strikers, as well as those who are working on transitioning from heel striking to a more natural running form.
Slip into a Newton running shoe and experience the science of motion.
0% Full size too large
0% Half size too Large
0% True to size
50% Half size too small
50% Full size too small
100% Felt true to width
0% Felt narrower than marked
0% Felt wider than marked
0% Excellent arch support
50% Moderate arch support
50% No arch support
Newton Running Men's MV²
Right out of the box my new MV2s seemed a little suspect. The "feel" of the shoe in my hand made me think "Cheap!" I could not believe I had just put this much down on them. I was seriously two seconds away from putting them back in the box and putting an order in for yet another pair of VFFs (on another web site of course). Thank goodness for my lovely wife and her insistence that I give them a shot. I gave them a test run the very next morning on a 5k fun run here on Holloman Air Force Base for Breast Cancer Awareness. Love them! You feel like you're flying and the impact on my mid foot is is much more comfortable than with my vff's. Great Job Newton, let's make one that does not make me look like a unicorn pooped on my foot.
I'd also recommend: VFF, Nike Free
Felt a half size smaller than marked
Felt true to width
No arch support
- Jody C - customer
- from Holloman Air Force Base
- November 16, 2012
Runs whole size small. Had this issue with my son and husband. Also, we love Newtons. However, this shoe has no support. Husband has had to quit using these after 3 runs.
Felt a full size smaller than marked
Felt true to width
Moderate arch support
- Anonymous - customer
- from charleston, sc
- November 1, 2012