- View the Video Description for this product! (Please note that the color shown in the video may no longer be available.)
- You don't have to make sudden, drastic changes to improve your form. Discover the benefits of natural running one stride at a time with the Isaac S from Newton®.
- Adjusting to Newton running shoes will depend upon several factors including: your current running shoes, your running form, gait efficiency, as well as your speed and flexibility. Those new to natural running form or those transitioning from a shoe with traditional cushioning will benefit from spending adequate time adjusting. This is because your body will need time to lengthen the muscles and tendons on the back of the leg and under the foot.
- Newton recommends first-timers walk in their shoes for several days to become accustomed to the level platform. Walking barefoot on safe and comfortable surfaces can also be helpful. Once ready, begin by introducing short runs of no longer than 15 minutes every other day. Gradually add 10-15 minutes as your feet and leg muscles begin to strengthen. If you experience soreness that persists for more than two days, reduce time in shoes immediately. Rest and ice the area until the soreness subsides, then slowly begin introducing time in shoes again.
- A stability guidance runner designed for everyday training and slow-paced running. It is the most traditional, structured and supportive shoe in the Newton line, and is designed to help runners new to the natural running experience.
- Highly breathable closed mesh upper.
- Lightweight ergonomically placed synthetic overlays.
- Metatarsal stretch panels.
- Slip-proof laces with double eyelets that help lock down the heel.
- Reflective heel hits for increased visibility in low lighting.
- Plush tongue and collar for added comfort.
- Fabric lining supplies a soft step-in feel.
- Accommodates most orthotics.
- Second-Generation Action/Reaction Technology: A highly responsive, trampoline-like and engaging midsole cushioning that protects and loses less energy with each step.
- Single-density, high-rebound EVA midsole.
- Mid-foot support chassis provides enhanced stability.
- Heel/ Forefoot Differential: 5mm.
- Beveled heel and toe.
- Met-flex for enhanced forefoot flexibility.
- Durable carbon rubber outsole supplies reliable traction.
- Increased toe spring.
- Pronounced heel rocker.
- Weight: 13 oz
- Product measurements were taken using size 11, width D - Medium. Please note that measurements may vary by size.
Find something wrong in this description? Help us fix it! Report An Error
This item is currently unavailable, but here are some similar products
No Similar Items Available
We can't currently find any similar items for the Men's Isaac S by Newton Running. Sorry!
Interested in new Newton Running products?
A leader in natural running, Newton believes that maintaining natural running form without being barefoot requires a shoe that allows the foot to connect with the ground as though it is shoeless. Any geometric change interferes with the natural gait, which is why every shoe is built on a level platform that mimics the foot’s natural geometry. Unhindered, flexible movement is essential, as long as the shoe is still protective enough to prevent injury over harsh terrain.
Newton encourages landing on the mid-foot to forefoot. When you walk, you heel strike. Sprinting propels you forward, causing you to land on your toes. The brand believes that optimal running gait falls somewhere in between. To help maintain this, Newton has taken great care to research and design their shoes. You will find technologies like Active Membrane Technology™, Action/Reaction Technology™ and the Biomechanical Sensor Plate throughout the line.
So who are Newton running shoes for? They are for runners who are already mid-foot or forefoot strikers, as well as those who are working on transitioning from heel striking to a more natural running form.
Slip into a Newton running shoe and experience the science of motion.