- View the Video Description for this product! (Please note that the color shown in the video may no longer be available.)
- The MW968 from New Balance® is designed to keep your feet dry and comfortable during scenic country walks to wet and muddy hikes!
- Seam-sealed waterproof leather repels moisture to keep feet dry and comfortable.
- Dual-Density Collar uses both a softer-density foam against the foot for cushioning and a firmer-density foam for support.
- Removable premium foam insert offers high density, open-cell foam to gently conform to the foot and disperse pressure.
- Central lacing system with reinforced metallic eyelets for great fit and feel.
- Padded, gusseted tongue for added comfort and helps keep debris out.
- External heel counter enhances rearfoot stability.
- STABILITY WEB® delivers midfoot support and reduces the weight of the shoe.
- ABZORB® cushioning in the midfoot provides exceptional shock absorption.
- C-CAP® midsole provide cushioning and support.
- Slip-resistant outsole meets the ASTM F1677-96 standard on the Mark II Machine.
- Non-marking rubber outsole won't mark floors.
- Last: MOL-01
- Weight: 1 lb 1 oz
- Product measurements were taken using size 11, width B - Narrow. Please note that measurements may vary by size.
Find something wrong in this description? Help us fix it! Report An Error
This item is currently unavailable, but here are some similar products
No Similar Items Available
We can't currently find any similar items for the MW968 by New Balance. Sorry!
Interested in new New Balance products?
Since the days of selling arch supports to police officers and waiters, New Balance has been a brand concerned with meeting the needs of the everyday athlete. In pursuing this goal, they developed an "Endorsed By No One" philosophy, which holds that a superior product will sell itself better than any superstar athlete ever could. Part of producing New Balance shoes and athletic clothing is manufacturing it to fit all widths and sizes, because a better fit produces better performance.
To ensure the best fitting, best performing shoes and clothes, New Balance focuses on improving their technology and production methods. A big part of that is maintaining five manufacturing facilities here in the United States where they continue to produce New Balance shoes and apparel that meet the standards they've employed for 100 years. They have also remained committed to a core set of values that include integrity, teamwork and total customer satisfaction.
0% Full size too large
7% Half size too Large
60% True to size
20% Half size too small
13% Full size too small
60% Felt true to width
13% Felt narrower than marked
27% Felt wider than marked
20% Excellent arch support
60% Moderate arch support
20% No arch support
New Balance MW968
New Balance's best effort in the 960 something series of the "Country Walker" was around 2004 or 2005 with the 964. Since then each new succeeding model (965 through 968) has gotten cheaper looking, worse fitting and progressively uglier. I actually bought the 964 model 3 times in a two year period. It wore out fairly quickly but was comfortable and snug enough for my narrow foot. It wasn't a "great shoe" but it was one of the very few "outdoor" style shoes available in a "B" width that I could get a decent fit with and was reasonably good looking and didn't aggravate my plantar fasciitis. Come on New Balance, bring that shoe back and gain a customer back. I won't hold my breath though. New Balance hasn't impressed me at all in recent years. Zappos remains no. 1 in customer service, when they actually have my size in the desired shoe.
Felt a half size smaller than marked
Felt wider than marked
- Keith B - customer
- from Arkansas
- October 9, 2012
Great walking shoe. I walk two to three miles per day and they are very comfortable and provide excellent support. It is hard to find xx wide shoes locally and I am very satisfied with these.
Felt true to size
Felt true to width
Excellent arch support
- Anonymous - customer
- from Ridgeway, sc
- March 27, 2013
Just received this shoe. Color is so dark it looks grey. Looks nothing like the nice brown look in the photo. Tan outer sole, but dark grey in the body.
- Anonymous - customer
- December 27, 2012
These shoes are very comfortable and sturdy once they were broken in. The construction appears to be very durable and resistant to scuffs, although I haven't used them enough long-term to be sure. As for style, I think this shoe is the perfect blend of versatility -- I can wear it to most events without it looking too casual, and yet it has a nice walking shoe feel to it. Nothing's more frustrating than a shoe that is comfortable but looks too sporty or casual to where you can't use it as much as you want. I had bought the predecessor to this shoe, which ran narrow in the normal width, and I had to return it. So when I bought this one, I was reluctant to get the normal width, but at the time, wide wasn't available, so I got extra-wide, which feels just a bit wide for me. Since I'm normally fine in a normal width or wide, I think this shoe must run closer to true size than its predecessor.
- Tom C - customer
- from San Diego, CA
- October 21, 2012
Fit and support are really good. If I were to nitpick anything, these could use the usual New Balance lace restraint on the tongue that helps to hold the tongue in position. I have already given these a good trial in Indian Peaks Wilderness. I use a custom orthotic insole.
I'd also recommend: Merrell
- Mike G - customer
- from Estes Park, CO
- September 10, 2012