- View the Video Description for this product! (Please note that the color shown in the video may no longer be available.)
- Enjoy the great outdoors knowing your feet will stay comfy and well-protected against anything the wild throws at you!
- Tough and durable ripstop nylon uppers with synthetic overlays for extra support.
- Welded seams—a no-sew material application—reduce weight and prevent chafing.
- Foam-padded collar and tongue provides a snug, comfy fit.
- Textile lining and a cushioned, removable PU insert adds an extra layer of stability and cushioning.
- Central lacing closure with round laces for secure fit.
- Perforated-suede on the toe box adds breathability.
- Abrasion-resistant strip on toe bumper, lower forefoot area and heel for added durability.
- C-CAP® midsole provide cushioning and support.
- ABZORB® cushioning in the midfoot provides exceptional shock absorption.
- Vibram® outsole provides maximum surface contact and multidirectional traction.
- Last: RL-3
- Weight: 13 oz
- Product measurements were taken using size 11.5, width D - Medium. Please note that measurements may vary by size.
Find something wrong in this description? Help us fix it! Report An Error
This item is currently unavailable, but here are some similar products
No Similar Items Available
We can't currently find any similar items for the MO889 by New Balance. Sorry!
Interested in new New Balance products?
Since the days of selling arch supports to police officers and waiters, New Balance has been a brand concerned with meeting the needs of the everyday athlete. In pursuing this goal, they developed an "Endorsed By No One" philosophy, which holds that a superior product will sell itself better than any superstar athlete ever could. Part of producing New Balance shoes and athletic clothing is manufacturing it to fit all widths and sizes, because a better fit produces better performance.
To ensure the best fitting, best performing shoes and clothes, New Balance focuses on improving their technology and production methods. A big part of that is maintaining five manufacturing facilities here in the United States where they continue to produce New Balance shoes and apparel that meet the standards they've employed for 100 years. They have also remained committed to a core set of values that include integrity, teamwork and total customer satisfaction.
0% Full size too large
0% Half size too Large
56% True to size
44% Half size too small
0% Full size too small
93% Felt true to width
7% Felt narrower than marked
0% Felt wider than marked
27% Excellent arch support
67% Moderate arch support
7% No arch support
New Balance MO889
I took these right out of the box, laced them up, and tackled Uupper Yosemite Falls with zero "breaking in" required. Excellent shoe!
- Zachary - customer
- from California
- April 28, 2013
I don't know what to say, Except this is the best pair of light hiking shoes ever! Can't believe the fit, perfect. True to size, good foot feel and great grip on loose surfaces because of the unique VIBRAM soles. I should buy another pair. As far as arch suport goes I can't say, I have flat feet and wear orthotics which also fit in these shoes perfectly. Thank you New Balance, Thank you Zappos!
I'd also recommend: Merrell Shoes
Felt true to size
Felt true to width
No arch support
- Mark C - customer
- from Hermosa Beach, Ca
- April 19, 2013
I returned a Keen utility pair for these and I'm so glad I did. This pair was comfortable from the get-go. The EE fit my wide feet very well. They are extremely light, in part because of the fabric-material on the sides, which I normally do not care for because it can look cheap, but this is much less conspicuous. I can wear these all day without heel pain or cramped toes. Recommend highly.
- Scott K - customer
- from Austin TX
- March 22, 2013
I put them on and was extremely happy! I bought them one half size larger and they are perfect.
Felt a half size smaller than marked
Felt true to width
Excellent arch support
- Howard - customer
- from Houston, TX
- March 21, 2013
Just got these shoes a few days ago. The are my daily work shoes, I am a general contractor and need a shoe that is durable & comfortable with good support. The fit was right on; width & size. The toe box is generous with room to move your toes. The only downfall of this shoes for some people would be the insole. With me, I replace every insole once I buy a pair of shoes if the shoe has little arch support or is just too much volume. Some of New Balance's other higher end shoes do not need replacement insoles. With these mid-line shoes, the support is just okay. With a great full insole, these shoes fulfill my needs for the daily 6 to 6 grind. If they wear well, I will buy another pair in a month.
I'd also recommend: None, buy New Balance if they fit.
- Leviathan - customer
- from Phoenix AZ
- February 26, 2013