- View the Video Description for this product! (Please note that the color shown in the video may no longer be available.)
- Mountain Hardwear®'s Fluid 18 is a sleek and compact technical daypack that is ideal for long bike rides or fast day scrambles.
- OTF (On-the-Fly) Compression lets user adjust load stability while wearing the pack without restricting motion.
- HardWave framesheet maintains shape and fit regardless of load.
- Breathable spacer mesh backpanel with air channels for cooling ventilation.
- Soft-edge shoulder straps with ventilated foam are comfortable on bare skin.
- Front compression pocket with stretch woven panels fits helmet, extra clothing.
- Easy access, zipper-free hydration sleeve speeds refilling and fits most bladders up to 6 lbs 4 oz.
- Externally accessed fleece-lined pocket for sunglasses, MP3 player.
- Zippered pockets on ventilated hipwings keep energy bars and other essentials handy.
- Stretch woven side pockets offer quick storage, access for water bottles, or hat and gloves.
- Body Fabric: 100D Ripstop Cordura® Nylon. A super-light, super-strong industrial parachute fabric. Genuine Invista Cordura® high tenacity yarn in a tight ripstop construction with double silicone finish for maximum tear strength, excellent weatherproofing and high durability.
- Accent Fabric: 210D HexNut™ Ripstop Nylon. Lightweight nylon with HexNut™ ripstop pattern for extra strength and durability. Polyurethane coating and DWR finish.
- Bottom Fabric: 315D Cordura® Nylon. Genuine Invista Cordura® high tenacity yarn in an abrasion resistant oxford weave construction with polyurethane coating and DWR finish for durable weatherproofing. Used in auto airbag construction.
- SM/MD Specifications:
Capacity: 18L/ 1100in³.
Torso Range: 16in to 19in/ 41cm to 48cm.
Waist Range: 28in to 34in/ 71cm to 86cm.
- MD/LG Specifications:
Capacity: 20L/ 1220in³.
Torso Range: 18.5in to 22in/ 47cm to 56cm.
Waist Range: 33in to 39in/ 84cm to 99cm.
- Bottom Width: 11 in
- Middle Width: 9 in
- Top Width: 9 in
- Depth: 6 in
- Height: 21 in
- Strap Drop: 14 1⁄2 in
- Handle Length: 2 1⁄2 in
- Product measurements were taken using size L. Please note that measurements may vary by size.
Find something wrong in this description? Help us fix it! Report An Error
This item is currently unavailable, but here are some similar products
No Similar Items Available
We can't currently find any similar items for the Fluid 18 by Mountain Hardwear. Sorry!
Interested in new Mountain Hardwear products?
In 1993, a small group of people who had weathered years in the outdoor industry decided to get together and form Mountain Hardwear. The founders bet on experience and passion for innovative, technologically advanced products to bring together a product line for the serious outdoor user. Creating new, innovative technologies, Mountain Hardwear´s gear, apparel and accessories continue to transcend all boundaries and march head first into the future.
More than a decade later, Mountain Hardwear has grown quite a bit, but the employees still remain friendly and down-to-earth, and the products are still bomber. Mountain Hardwear employees share a passion for the outdoors along with a passion for designing innovative, technologically advanced gear. The company sponsors over 20 athletes, and uses those real-world challenges and experiences to continue to advance the technology and fabrics built into its products.
Mountain Hardwear has always focused on bringing radical thinking to the gear they make. Innovations include their patented Cross Flow™ tent construction, WindStopper® next-to-skin fabric and their patented Quantum Expander™ for sleeping bags, to name just a few. The company continually challenges itself to bring technical innovation to outdoor gear and to create detail-oriented design features that anticipate users' needs. They combine that innovation and attention to detail with superior product quality – backed with a lifetime warranty that speaks for itself. Radical Thinking – technical innovation and meticulous attention to detail. Mountain Hardwear makes gear to perform when you need it most.
Mountain Hardwear Fluid 18
Love this pack! Have had many day packs and this one is superb! Have only used it once snowshoeing and it held everything I needed, including my poles. I was specifically looking for a pack with easy mobile access and this one has it. Oh yeah...I am thin and was having trouble finding a pack that fit my shoulders snugly w/o rubbing. This one was it!
- Josephine G - customer
- from Carson city, Nevada
- March 23, 2012
It's nice and a little small, but I don't understand where to put the water bottles. Otherwise, it's nice and comfortable.
I'd also recommend: patagonia
- David n - customer
- from hail? like
- January 26, 2011
Great backpack, pockets are helpful and in good places, lots of space very good for an active outing. I used it to hike Petra and Jerusalem.
- Anonymous - customer
- October 5, 2012