- View the Video Description for this product! (Please note that the color shown in the video may no longer be available.)
- You don't have to drink a magic potion to stay on top of your stride. You simply need to lace into the springy plush and reliable support of the Wave® Elixir™ 8 from Mizuno®!
- Successor to the Wave Elixir 7, SKU# 7891901.
- Built for the moderate overpronator who requires a combination of enhanced cushioning and support.
- Mizuno AIRmesh upper creates a supremely breathable environment.
- Durable synthetic overlays provide targeted support.
- Dynamotion Fit construction minimizes the stress the foot places on the upper, reducing buckling and heightening the fit.
- Lightly padded tongue and collar for added comfort.
- Soft textile lining offers a great step-in feel.
- Foam insole supplies light underfoot cushioning.
- Mizuno Wave® technology is a concept that combines cushioning and stability. While very different, Mizuno found these two elements to be essential in creating great running shoes.
- AP+ midsole offers enhanced energy return and extended durability, while maintaining its lightweight appeal.
- SmoothRide™ design helps to reduce the rapid acceleration and deceleration of the foot during transitions, promoting an ultra smooth ride.
- G3 Sole outsole is lightweight and offers superior grip. G3-DR supplies optimal durability in high-wear areas.
- X10™ carbon rubber compound provides supreme traction and delivers maximum durability along high-impact zones.
- Weight: 8 oz
- Product measurements were taken using size 8.5, width B - Medium. Please note that measurements may vary by size.
Find something wrong in this description? Help us fix it! Report An Error
This item is currently unavailable, but here are some similar products
No Similar Items Available
We can't currently find any similar items for the Wave® Elixir™ 8 by Mizuno. Sorry!
Interested in new Mizuno products?
From little league ballparks to the 18th green, Mizuno® combines a tradition of expert craftsmanship with cutting-edge technology to provide high quality athletic equipment and apparel for serious athletes everywhere.
They offer Mizuno® baseball, Mizuno® running, Mizuno® track and field, Mizuno® volleyball, Mizuno® softball/baseball, Mizuno® kid's boys and girls baseball shoes, Mizuno® running pants and tights, Mizuno® running shorts, Mizuno® running tops, and Mizuno® women's capris, just to name a few. Mizuno® continues to produce high quality equipment and apparel that athletes all over the world demand.
0% Full size too large
0% Half size too Large
100% True to size
0% Half size too small
0% Full size too small
100% Felt true to width
0% Felt narrower than marked
0% Felt wider than marked
0% Excellent arch support
100% Moderate arch support
0% No arch support
Mizuno Wave® Elixir™ 8
My first pair of Mizunos - I bought these to replace my beloved Brooks PureCadence since Brooks went ahead and ruined them with the PureCadence2. They're exactly what I wanted -- minimalist, but still enough support that I don't feel totally barefoot. They felt great right out of the box, no break-in period for me. I'm glad I tried these! I could see myself buying another pair when I wear these out.
- Anonymous - customer
- from United States
- May 9, 2013
I have been running in the Asics GT-21XX for years. Now that they don't make them anymore I was looking for a new shoe. I tried the Asics GT-2000 and it didn't fit the same. The Mizuno Wave Elixir 8 gets the job done. They are a very comfortable shoe. They offer stability without being heavy. I've got about 105 miles on them and they are showing no signs of wear. I love these shoes.
- Tanya - customer
- from Minnesota
- May 2, 2013
Great shoe. I am new to running and wanted a shoe that would support good mechanics, not feel too heavy, and, frankly, be so fun to wear that I would want to run every day. These shoes do all that. They are supportive yet light. They are so comfortable to wear that I have trouble persuading myself to wear any other shoes in the course of my day. I have high arches, so I wear sof sole orthotic 3/4 inserts for greater arch support, but that's something I tend to need in every shoe I wear. The shoe accommodates the inserts well. Other pluses: the laces stay tied (as opposed to my Brooks' laces, which I always had to tie in a double-knot). The shoes are so bright and cheerful they make me smile, and I get compliments every time I wear them.
- Anonymous - customer
- from North Carolina
- March 8, 2013