- View the Video Description for this product! (Please note that the color shown in the video may no longer be available.)
- Part of the MJ Sport® collection, the Hanalei features PolarizedPlus®2 Technology to block glare and UV from all directions.
- Maui Evolution® Lens: Maui Evolution fuses the best qualities of our glass and polycarbonate lenses. Offering superior optics, scratch resistance, and impact resistance in a lightweight high-index package, Maui Evolution enhances color with a patented lens treatment.
- Natural Grey Lens offers contrast and the highest available light reduction. Suitable for all light conditions, especially bright, direct sunlight. 10% light transmission.
- HCL® Bronze Lens is perfect for low-light conditions, or for those who like a subtle bronze hue for everyday wear. Offers excellent contrast. 15% light transmission.
- Maui Rose® Lens is ideal for foggy or overcast days, or for those who prefer a subtle rose hue to wear everyday. Offers the highest contrast level. 14% light transmission.
- Maui HT™ Lens is suitable for variable and low-light conditions. HT™ boosts colors, contrast, and depth perception, and delivers the most visible light of all Maui Jim lenses, all while blocking 99.9% of reflected glare. 25% light transmission.
- CLEARSHELL® Scratch Coating: A proprietary, silicon-based hard coat that protects both sides of the lens against scratching.
- PolarizedPlus®2 Technology: All Maui Jim® Sunglasses block glare and UV from all angles, manage blue light, and then boost colors for unmatched color, clarity, and contrast.
- Semi-rimless frames for a virtually unobstructed view.
- Grilamid frame is flexible, bendable, and lightweight.
- Rubber nose grips resist the will of gravity and keep your glasses in place.
- Lens treatments and frames are saltwater safe.
- Rx Availability: Please contact an eye care professional for prescription availability for this style. Rx availability varies by style.
- Case included.
Lens 66mm W x 40mm H
Find something wrong in this description? Help us fix it! Report An Error
This item is currently unavailable, but here are some similar products
No Similar Items Available
We can't currently find any similar items for the Hanalei by Maui Jim. Sorry!
Interested in new Maui Jim products?
Now you can open your eyes to a whole new world of color with Maui Jim Sunglasses featuring PolarizedPlus®2 lens technology—the most advanced polarized lens technology on Earth. It has the power to face down glare and extinguish it completely. Maui Jim’s patented multi-layered lens design allows more usable light to be transmitted to the eyes. Unrivaled visual acuity, contrast and color are the exquisite results. You will experience deeper, more saturated colors and higher levels of contrast in any environment.
Maui Jim continues to revolutionize the sunwear world with the introduction of the Maui Evolution® lens. This proprietary lens material is made for those with active lifestyles. It offers the best qualities of Maui Jim’s ST (SuperThin) glass and Polycarbonate lenses by offering superior optics, scratch resistance and impact resistance in a lightweight, high-index package. Maui Evolution® enhances color with a patented lens treatment.
Available in four lens colors, Maui Jim® offers an option for every level of light. Neutral Grey lenses offer contrast and the highest available glare reduction and are suitable for all light conditions, especially bright, direct sunlight. Maui Rose® lenses offer the sharpest contrast and image resolution. They are excellent for fast action activities, overcast or foggy days. HCL® (High Contrast Lens) Bronze lenses offer enhanced contrast and are ideal for hazy and low light conditions. The new HT™ (High Transmission) lenses are perfect for variable and low light conditions, haze, fog, or overcast days and feature a flattering palm tint without a distracting yellow cast.
Protect your eyes from harmful glare today without blocking out any of the vibrant colors around you with a pair of Maui Jim® sunglasses!
Maui Jim Hanalei
This is my second pair and I love it. If you like sporty looking and no light sneaking from the sides, then this is the one. Plus they are perfect if you like reading outside, I can read anything from small print to my phone when sunny and bright with no problem.
- Sam - customer
- from San Diego
- May 2, 2011
I own three pair of Maui Jim\'s and these glasses have the typical combination of fashion and technology. I like these for driving on overcast days. Highly recommend any Maui Jim product. One minor issue is that they are a little tighter on the nose than my other pairs.
I'd also recommend: Oakley
- Anonymous - customer
- from Pittsburgh
- August 4, 2010
I have several pair of Maui Jim sunglasses because I like the quality and the functionality. This pair is typical Maui Jim-comfortable, well-made, and functional. I won’t wear sunglasses without polarized lenses. These are darker than my others. I purchased them for an upcoming trip to Mexico, and they will perform beautifully. This is a slightly larger lens than I have had before, so pay attention to the measurements listed-I could have gotten away with a smaller size lens. Might be a better size lens for men than women.
- Anonymous - customer
- from Newman Lake, WA
- January 31, 2010
The best glasses I have ever owned. I waited a few months for these to come out as I bought my first pair around January 09. Originally, I purchased the Hookipa, but didn't like the way they fit me. The Maui Jim lens technology is by far the most amazing I have seen so I knew I wanted another pair, but wanted them to be comfortable as they were functional. These were well worth the wait. I have astigmatism and being in the sun feels great to everything else, but my eyes. When wearing these, you forget you’re outside because everything jumps out at you as if you were in a high definition movie. These are truly a joy to wear, and a blessing for someone who has problems with their vision. Mahalo Maui Jim!
I'd also recommend: Any Maui Jim glasses
- Rich C - customer
- from New Jersey
- May 9, 2009
Overall excellent glasses. Light weight, great optics and pretty good in lower light conditions as well. Don't see that they are any more scratch resistant than any other poly-carb lenses I've owned. Bar at the nose bridge might bother you so try on a pair if you can before buying.
- Lon S - customer
- from Denver / Indianapolis
- June 28, 2011