- View the Video Description for this product! (Please note that the color shown in the video may no longer be available.)
- Beacon is a mid-size, unisex frame with a rectangular, boxy shape and subtle surface design features that make it an all around, style-driven, performance piece.
- Injection molded out of TR-90® for maximum weight reduction, flexibility and comfort, Beacon features recessed Variflex™ nose pads buried in the bridge to secure and comfortably anchor the frame in place.
- Wrapped and raked with 8.25 base curve lenses, Beacon supports Kaenon's revolutionary SR-91® lens material and their proprietary Glare 86® polarizing element.
- SR-91® combines the crisp optical acuity of the finest glass lenses, in an ultra light weight, impact-proof lens that filters out all harmful UV and Blue light.
- Heavy duty, non-corrosive, five-barrel, stainless steel hinges make Beacon durable and functional.
- G-12™ (12%) Darkest grey lens (blocks 88% of visible light). Performs best in bright, full sun conditions. Grey lens eliminates glare wherever it exists and dramatically improves your visual acuity.
- C-12™ (12%) Darkest copper lens (blocks 88% of visible light). Performs best in bright, full sun conditions. The Copper tint is specifically developed to enhance color contrast, depth perception and detail recognition.
Find something wrong in this description? Help us fix it! Report An Error
This item is currently unavailable, but here are some similar products
No Similar Items Available
We can't currently find any similar items for the Beacon SR91 (Polarized) by Kaenon. Sorry!
Interested in new Kaenon products?
Glass wasn't strong enough. Polycarbonate wasn't clear enough. So they set out to develop their own, completely new polarized lens material. Something with the superior optical quality of the finest glass, yet the lightweight impact resistance of polycarbonate. The SR-91 lens was created, and overnight, the optical world was forever changed. No other polarized lens blocks the blinding rays of glare with the unbeatable clarity and impact resistance of the SR-91 lens.
Kaenon Polarized merges high fashion with sports function in the Luxury Performance collection. With outstanding polarized optics and lightweight injection-molded frames, Kaenon offers a variety of distinctive styles for the beach volleyball court or the boardwalk patio. You'll find the perfect fit with styles like Georgia, Bolsa, Jetty and Rhino here at Zappos!
Kaenon Beacon SR91 (Polarized)
So far so good... obviously sunglasses are so personal in terms of fit and style but I can tell you the lens quality on these seems amazing (to an amateur).
- Anonymous - customer
- from New York, NY
- October 15, 2011
I have tried almost every brand of sunglasses and there are few brands that match Kaenon's Quality and Value. The Copper lenses are incredible, great for driving, they make colors more vivid, and if you go to the beach or the water a lot like I do, the clarity when looking into the water is unparalleled. I give them 4 stars for style only because I have a small face and so they left a gap around the hinges that I didn't like, so I exchanged them for Kaenon UPD's (my first exchange with Zappos and I was very impressed). If you have a medium to large face, get these, you won't be disappointed. I wish they fit me better.
- Anonymous - customer
- from Los Angeles, California
- July 10, 2011
This is my first pair of high end sunglasses and I'm very satisfied. In this case they're just not charging for the brand, these are quality.
- Mike - customer
- May 19, 2011
I have had these sunglasses a couple weeks now and I can say I am happy with them. These glasses have a quality view and definitely look good compared to anything I have had before. One thing I like is that they fit snug to my face, and I have a somewhat narrow one, and do not slide down my nose if I lean forward--even while sweating. They have rubber pads inside the nose piece that help grip the glasses to the face and keep them from sliding even when your face is greasy or sweating. The only downside, and my only complaint, of this "snug fit" is that I can feel a slight pinch behind my ears after a few hours of wear, but honestly it is not too bad and probably better than constantly slipping if I were active while wearing them.
- Trebor - customer
- from Wilmington, NC
- October 26, 2010
Initially, I was drawn to this pair due to the combination tortoise shell frame and grey lenses which is uncommon but preferred by me. I hadn't heard of Kaenon before. I have to say that for the other high end sunglasses I've bought, the fit and construction of these actually match the price. These sunglasses are incredibly comfortable with the inset rubber in the nose piece and the temples that wrap to hold them firmly yet comfortably on your head. The lenses are as good if not better than Maui Jim, the lens technology leverages the durability of polycarbonate and the clarity of glass.
I'd also recommend: Maui Jim
- Anonymous - customer
- from Chicago
- October 23, 2010