- View the Video Description for this product! (Please note that the color shown in the video may no longer be available.)
- Click here for more information about Julbo lens technology.
- Julbo® proudly celebrates the drop of its first women-specific mountaineering lifestyle sunglasses, the Monterosa.
- Recommended for the mountain environment, on the water, in bright sun conditions.
- The highly technical design boasts removable protective side shields for optimal versatility. When attached, the side shields provide 100% protection from the aggressive and damaging UV rays on the most precipitous mountain route in high altitude and glacier territory. When removed, the sunglasses offer style and functionality for everyday use.
- Adjustable Grip Tech temples for a truly custom fit that remains secure at all times.
- Julbo® Spectron 4 lenses with Flash and Anti-glare treatment.
- Flash reinforces the filtering of visible light through a mirror effect on the lens.
- Camel lens offers high protection, high definition, visual comfort, quick activation and lens darkening.
- Anti-glare enhances optical comfort and eliminates reflections.
- All Julbo lenses guarantee 100% protection against UVA, B, and C.
- Made in France.
- Case included.
Frame Width 136mm
Lens 58mm W x 38mm H
- Temple Length: 124 mm
- Frame Width: 136 mm
- Weight: 1 oz
- Lens Height: 38 mm
- Lens Width: 57 mm
- Bridge: 18 mm
Find something wrong in this description? Help us fix it! Report An Error
This item is currently unavailable, but here are some similar products
No Similar Items Available
We can't currently find any similar items for the Monterosa by Julbo Eyewear. Sorry!
Interested in new Julbo Eyewear products?
As outdoor pursuits grow with more variety and diversity, Julbo is extending its range of performance optics to accommodate athletes of every discipline. Already a leader in the outdoor and nautical markets, Julbo is responding to developments in trail running and mountain biking with the creation of specific, technical products to meet the demands of these sports.
From planning, designing, and manufacturing to quality control, Julbo has control over the entire production process of its lenses and frames. By working closely with athletes to identify and determine their specific needs, Julbo is able to ensure each athlete receives optimal quality and performance from each piece. From the original idea through the delivery of the product, Julbo eyewear is developed with consistency and harmony.
Julbo Eyewear Monterosa
Bought these in the white frames. I have a pretty small face and was a tad worried about the snug fit above my ears but as I got used to them they were fine. Seemed to have a headache at first though. I recently saw these at a ski shop and they sell them as womens and mens. So really they could be for anyone. I wore them for 14 hours hiking in snow on a sunny day and they saved my eyes! So happy I had them. They are dark but I have no problem wearing them on a sunny day driving. Only bummer thing is I scratched the reflective layer that's on the lens. I can't figure out how I did it. Seems like for the price and what they are used for they should be a tad less scratchable! Overall, great glasses. Look good on too.
- IHeartBolonga - customer
- from Northern Califonia
- July 11, 2011
I purchased these sunglasses for a mountaineering trip in the Olympic Mountains. The sun was extremely intense on the glacier, but these sunglasses were great. The lens is fairly large, so the frame did not interfere with my vision in any direction. The side-shields blocked the sun from the side. The lenses are high quality and the spectron 4 lenses were plenty dark for the glacier, and they also worked well in low light (cloudy) situations with a lot of glare. The frames reached around the back of my head so they did not slip off my face. The only problem I had with them is they squeezed my head a bit right above my ears. I didn't notice this until I wore them for several hours. These are the only sunglasses that Julbo offers that are likely to fit a smaller (woman's) face. I would highly recommend them for glaciers or snow, just be mindful of any squeezing above the ears.
- Anonymous - customer
- from Boston
- October 1, 2012
These are awesome sunglasses. The colored sides pop off if you don't want or need the extra coverage. But they look great both ways. I'm actually thinking of buying another pair in a different color. I bought the chocolate pair and may buy the white pair. I like the mirror lenses...very cool looking.
- Anonymous - customer
- from Connecticut
- September 25, 2012