- View the Video Description for this product! (Please note that the color shown in the video may no longer be available.)
- It doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand the freeing rush you get when you take to the open road. Protect what counts with the reliable performance of the Savant bike helmet from Giro™.
- Ideal for enthusiastic road riding, triathlon, touring, urban riding or commuting, and cruising or casual riding.
- In-mold construction process permanently fuses a light, yet hardy polycarbonate outer shell with the EPS foam liner to create a more durable bicycle helmet.
- Roc Loc 5 fit system delivers enhanced comfort, stability and easy, one-handed adjustability, yet is 40% lighter than comparable systems.
- 25 wind tunnel vents throughout for optimal breathability.
- Helmet Size:
Find something wrong in this description? Help us fix it! Report An Error
This item is currently unavailable, but here are some similar products
No Similar Items Available
We can't currently find any similar items for the Savant by Giro. Sorry!
Interested in new Giro products?
Today, Giro is an international leader in high-performance cycling helmets and accessories.
When fit, comfort and style are vital to your riding experience; Giro is there to make a difference.
This helmet seemed so promising. It offers great bang for the buck. Super light. The finish is a nice matte instead of the more common glossy finish on other helmets that I really like. The Roc Loc 5 adjusts up and down, a feature usually only found in higher end helmets and perfect if you have a longer head like me. The only real problem is the straps. The straps are stiff and scratchy and don't lie flat against your head. The material seems like a coarser grade nylon than is usually used in every other helmet I have seen or owned. The problem is that you have to have that touching your face and neck for extended periods of time and with this coarse grade, stiff material it's going to chaff and be very uncomfortable. Sadly this blew it for me and I had to return it.
- Jason J - customer
- from Richland, WA
- May 14, 2012
Comfortable and well ventilated. Easy to adjust - had no problem with twisted straps. Don't notice it when riding.
- Anonymous - customer
- from Bainbridge Island WA
- September 11, 2012
I must admit, when I first got the helmet I thought the strap design was awkward. Rather than fitting flush with your face, there is clumsy strap design that makes a half twist under both ears. Why they did that I have no idea? My best guess is that it's the only feature that separates the Savant from far more expensive helmets. I was truly worried that this would be uncomfortable on long rides but this is just not the case. On rides I basically forget I'm wearing the Savant. I certainly don't think about the strap. The helmet is super lightweight, well-vented and comfortable. I got the white and silver model since it won't heat up from the hot summer sun like a black helmet does. Having various sized helmets also means a better fit than a one size fits all design. From the research I did at the time of purchase I could not find another helmet this light at this price point.
I'd also recommend: Bell, Trek, Bontrager, Rudy Project
- Timothy H - customer
- from Madison, WI
- July 12, 2012
This is a nice helmet for the money. I went from a Giro Atmos to this, and this is a bit bigger and heavier as you would expect. That said, it's still a very nice helmet.
- Eric M - customer
- from Boulder, CO
- November 15, 2012