- View the Video Description for this product! (Please note that the color shown in the video may no longer be available.)
- You were born to ride, so make sure you show it with the undeniable durability and style of the Harness Strap 8R boot from Frye®.
- Vintage leather upper with distressed detail.
- Wellington vamp.
- Nickel hardware is featured on the black colorway, while antique brass hardware is featured on the other colorways.
- Durable Goodyear® welt construction for more flexibility.
- Cushioned memory insole absorbs shock and offers all-day comfort.
- Pitched heel with rubber heel lift.
- Oil-resistant neoprene outsole.
- Made in the U.S.A.
- Heel Height: 1 3⁄4 in
- Weight: 1 lb 11 oz
- Circumference: 14 1⁄4 in
- Shaft: 9 1⁄2 in
- Platform Height: 1⁄2 in
- Product measurements were taken using size 9, width B - Medium. Please note that measurements may vary by size.
Find something wrong in this description? Help us fix it! Report An Error
This item is currently unavailable, but here are some similar products
No Similar Items Available
We can't currently find any similar items for the Harness Strap 8R by Frye. Sorry!
Interested in new Frye products?
Frye's current Harness Boots are rooted in tradition and continue to draw influence from the Cavalry. Today the classic Harness Boot holds a place in American culture. The Frye Harness Boot has been pictured in fashion spreads internationally. In 1938, on a trip to Washington, D.C., John A. Frye's grandson and namesake met a U.S. Navy Admiral who confided that he had trouble finding the Wellington boots he liked so much. As a favor, John agreed to make him a pair. Frye continued to fill requests for these boots through the Second World War. During World War II, Frye supplied thousands of servicemen with Frye Wellington boots, known as Jet Boots, by mail order.
In the 1960's, Frye reintroduced the Campus Boot, from its 1860 original, featuring a bulky toe and chunky heel that came to epitomize the attitude and the style of the 60's and 70's. There was nothing like these "new" Frye Boots on the market, and consumers began to demand "Original Fryes." When searching for items to represent the America of the 60's, the Smithsonian Institute chose a pair of Frye Boots.
The quality of all Frye shoes is timeless. For almost 150 years, Frye leather products have continued to be benchcrafted from the finest full grain leather uppers. It takes over 190 steps to make one pair of Frye boots. Frye remains dedicated to the commitment of craftsmanship for which Frye boots and Frye shoes have been known for more than 100 years.
100% Full size too large
0% Half size too Large
0% True to size
0% Half size too small
0% Full size too small
0% Felt true to width
0% Felt narrower than marked
100% Felt wider than marked
0% Excellent arch support
100% Moderate arch support
0% No arch support
Frye Harness Strap 8R
Interesting color (charcoal?) sort of halfway between grey and brown. Kind of Harley colored. But they were huge when I ordered my normal size. Long toe too.
Felt a full size larger than marked
Felt wider than marked
Moderate arch support
- Becky - customer
- January 2, 2013