- View the Video Description for this product! (Please note that the color shown in the video may no longer be available.)
- Take your recipes to the next level with freshly-ground spices and herbs.
- Exclusive Ceradon® manufacturing process results in a highly durable, heat-resistant product.
- Smooth glaze coating in rich color is extremely strong, resists sticking, and is easy to clean.
- Mortar has a rough but non-porous interior for good grinding action while resisting stains and odors.
- Pestle has a ceramic head attached to a tough beech wood handle.
- Integrated finger grips at the corners help steady the mortar while in use.
- Dishwasher safe.
- Diameter: 5".
- Made in France.
- Emile Henry offers a limited household ten-year manufacturer warranty against breakage due to defective workmanship. Please refer to package documentation or the Emile Henry website for details.
Find something wrong in this description? Help us fix it! Report An Error
This item is currently unavailable, but here are some similar products
No Similar Items Available
We can't currently find any similar items for the Classics® Mortar and Pestle by Emile Henry. Sorry!
Interested in new Emile Henry products?
Founded in 1850, Emile Henry has established a worldwide reputation for manufacturing the finest quality ceramic ovenware, gourmet cooking products, and bakeware products. Emile Henry offers a wide array of products and shapes that are properly designed for cooking and baking. The products have the dimensions, depth and special features that discerning gourmands desire.
Located in Marcigny, a small town in the province of Burgundy, France, Emile Henry manufactures all of their new cooking products from Burgundy clay using their state-of-the-art Ceradon® manufacturing process. Burgundy clay diffuses cooking heat to the very center of the cooking dish and allows food to be cooked evenly and flavors and aromas to be brought out. The Burgundy clay used in Emile Henry products also has superior heat retention properties which keep food hot and more flavorsome.
All Emile Henry products exhibit extraordinary thermal shock properties. They can go directly from the freezer to the oven or the broiler to the microwave. Emile Henry products do not chip or crack easily. One can cut directly on the surface without scratching or damaging the product.
All Emile Henry products are dishwasher safe, making clean up extremely easy. There is no lead or cadmium in Emile Henry products, all of the glazes meet California Prop 65, and all of the products are 100% food safe. Offered in a large variety of colors, the glazes will not craze, discolor or fade over time.
We are proud to offer Emile Henry cookware, bakeware and serveware for those professional chefs and home cooks who want the very best. Start making your own gourmet masterpieces with Emile Henry today!
Emile Henry Classics® Mortar and Pestle
The Emile Henry Mortar and Pestle is a very high quality piece of equipment. It is a very nice size. Some are quite small, but this one is big enough to hold a bowlful. I like to grind my own spices and this is perfect. And it is easy to clean, too. It is everything I wanted.
I'd also recommend: I just ordered the Emile Henry spatula and spoon. I know it is the same brand, but these two items are terrific. I don't use metal spatuals anymore.
- David N - customer
- from Santa Rosa, California
- November 4, 2011
Great product -- nice looking, good size and works well. Liked that it was made in France.
- Anonymous - customer
- from Atlanta, GA
- March 16, 2012
Perfect size. Beautiful! Perfect for my herbs and spices. Not too big - fit nice in my cupboard.
- Lisa S - customer
- from Otisville, MI
- August 24, 2011