- View the Video Description for this product! (Please note that the color shown in the video may no longer be available.)
- Dualit's classic toasters are a design icon. Built for commercial use, they have since won numerous consumer accolades and come in a range of variants,
sizes and colors.
- The 4-Slice Toaster features a selector switch which enables you to reduce the number of slots in use, so you decide what kind of a morning it is, two slices or four!
- Set the control to the level of cooking you prefer, and the Dualit original manual ejector will handle the rest! It's really that easy!
- Once the bread is toasted to your specifications it rests inside the toaster, keeping warm until you are ready to enjoy it.
- All Dualit toasters contain ProHeat elements, which use a radical heat pattern encapsulated in a specially developed, high performance material, increasing efficiency and longevity.
- Features a removable crumb tray for easy clean up.
- Designed with an adjustable rear foot which keeps the toaster steady even on the wonkiest countertop.
- Each slot is 1.1 inches (28mm) wide.
- Model number:
40416 (Canary Yellow)
- 1800 watts.
- Dimensions: 9.0" high x 13.0" wide x 8.0" deep.
- 7.0 lbs.
- Made in England.
- Zappos makes every attempt to provide accurate information for each electronic product. Manufacturer packaging and specifications may be different from the information provided.
- Please note, Zappos gladly accepts returns on all electronic products for up to 365 days from the original purchase date. In order to process your return and refund, returned electronic products must be unused and in the original condition and packaging in which it was purchased and include any manuals, cabling and accessories.
Find something wrong in this description? Help us fix it! Report An Error
This item is currently unavailable, but here are some similar products
No Similar Items Available
We can't currently find any similar items for the Classic Vario 4-Slice Toaster by Dualit. Sorry!
Interested in new Dualit products?
An astute businessman, Max decided not to compete head to head with other emerging consumer brands, but instead focused on the commercial market. He designed and engineered a six-slice toaster with a built-in timer (the first of its kind) in 1952, which bears a striking resemblance to today's Vario toaster. Dualit grew slowly over the next 20 years, gradually improving and extending its range of commercial toasters and adding other related products.
Everything started to change in the '70s when Max's son, Leslie, joined the business. A government-sponsored design grant gave Dualit the opportunity to employ a Royal College of Art design graduate. Export incentives prompted Leslie and Max to exhibit at foreign trade shows, and consumer demand for professional kitchen appliances led retailers like John Lewis to stock Dualit products.
When the Dualit toaster became the must-have kitchen appliance of the '80s, the company was swamped by an insatiable demand. Dualit was forced to extend the factory twice over and find ways of increasing its manufacturing capacity.
Today, Dualit produces a range of kitchen and home appliances which remain firmly rooted in the values Max set out for the company in 1945. It is run by Leslie and is one of a handful of successful, independently-owned British manufacturers. Reliable, well-engineered products remain at the heart of the company and there is an instantly recognizable - and now nostalgically retro - Dualit aesthetic which can be traced back to Max's first toaster designs in the 1950s.
One constant - an ability to embrace change - has seen the company revolutionize its manufacturing capability without compromising on quality and reliability. The innovative, entrepreneurial spirit that was so much a part of Max and his father before him is echoed in Leslie, and now his son Alex, who sit firmly in the product development driving seat.
This is Dualit - no frills, no gimmicks, no compromise, just great products.
Dualit Classic Vario 4-Slice Toaster
I love my toaster I went through many other cheap toasters and they do not last. I love how it will keep toast warm until I am ready, for better more even toasting. I put my bread upside down making a huge difference.
- Tony C - customer
- from United States
- March 27, 2012
We bought this toaster for our son and his wife as a Christmas present. They have said for a number of years they would like one and wanted to know where we bought it. So we decided to buy this toaster for them since we have had one for over ten years and it never fails to make excellent toast. It's very functional in that it can handle different size breads including bagels. Adjustments are easy to get just the right amount of browning. It is expensive but you get what you pay for and this toaster will last for years.
- Henry G - customer
- from Cincinnati,OH
- January 11, 2012
I think this is a spectacular toaster. I think equally as good about Zappos as a supplier (1 day turnaround, free shipping; 1 year warranty). It can truly create dark brown toast if this is your preference.
I'd also recommend: An open fire pit
- Tim T - customer
- from Monterey, CA
- December 14, 2011
This is a great looking toaster that I got when we remodeled our mid century modern kitchen. So far (one month old) it is working great. It toasts evenly. I like the feature that I have to lift the lever to pop up the toast, it helps to keep the toast warm. I wish the slots were just a bit wider, I had trouble getting a really large bagel in, but most things seem to fit fine. Some of the other reviews said it took a long time to heat up first use in the morning, but I have found most toasters are like that and don't consider that a problem. But I did knock off one star for slot size, could be a problem for some people.
- Tammy B - customer
- from Pensacola FL
- May 19, 2011
We have owned this toaster for 16 years and it works perfectly even today. Worth every penny and a great conversation piece.
- Toastyoda - customer
- from Naples FL
- April 30, 2012