- View the Video Description for this product! (Please note that the color shown in the video may no longer be available.)
- Dualit's classic toasters are a design icon. Built for commercial use, they have since won numerous consumer accolades and come in a range of variants, sizes and colors.
- The 2-Slice Toaster features a selector switch which enables you to reduce the number of slots in use, so you decide what kind of a morning it is, one slice or two!
- Set the control to the level of cooking you prefer, and the Dualit original manual ejector will handle the rest! It's really that easy!
- Once the bread is toasted to your specifications it rests inside the toaster, keeping warm until you are ready to enjoy it.
- All Dualit toasters contain ProHeat elements, which use a radical heat pattern encapsulated in a specially developed, high performance material, increasing efficiency and longevity.
- Features a removable crumb tray for easy clean up.
- Designed with an adjustable rear foot which keeps the toaster steady even on the wonkiest countertop.
- Each slot is 1.1 inches (28mm) wide.
- Model number:
20298 (Canary Yellow)
- Dimensions: 9.0" high x 9.5" wide x 7.5" deep.
- Made in England.
- 1200 watts.
- 6.6 lbs.
- Zappos makes every attempt to provide accurate information for each electronic product. Manufacturer packaging and specifications may be different from the information provided.
- Please note, Zappos gladly accepts returns on all electronic products for up to 365 days from the original purchase date. In order to process your return and refund, returned electronic products must be unused and in the original condition and packaging in which it was purchased and include any manuals, cabling and accessories.
Find something wrong in this description? Help us fix it! Report An Error
This item is currently unavailable, but here are some similar products
No Similar Items Available
We can't currently find any similar items for the Classic Vario 2-Slice Toaster by Dualit. Sorry!
Interested in new Dualit products?
An astute businessman, Max decided not to compete head to head with other emerging consumer brands, but instead focused on the commercial market. He designed and engineered a six-slice toaster with a built-in timer (the first of its kind) in 1952, which bears a striking resemblance to today's Vario toaster. Dualit grew slowly over the next 20 years, gradually improving and extending its range of commercial toasters and adding other related products.
Everything started to change in the '70s when Max's son, Leslie, joined the business. A government-sponsored design grant gave Dualit the opportunity to employ a Royal College of Art design graduate. Export incentives prompted Leslie and Max to exhibit at foreign trade shows, and consumer demand for professional kitchen appliances led retailers like John Lewis to stock Dualit products.
When the Dualit toaster became the must-have kitchen appliance of the '80s, the company was swamped by an insatiable demand. Dualit was forced to extend the factory twice over and find ways of increasing its manufacturing capacity.
Today, Dualit produces a range of kitchen and home appliances which remain firmly rooted in the values Max set out for the company in 1945. It is run by Leslie and is one of a handful of successful, independently-owned British manufacturers. Reliable, well-engineered products remain at the heart of the company and there is an instantly recognizable - and now nostalgically retro - Dualit aesthetic which can be traced back to Max's first toaster designs in the 1950s.
One constant - an ability to embrace change - has seen the company revolutionize its manufacturing capability without compromising on quality and reliability. The innovative, entrepreneurial spirit that was so much a part of Max and his father before him is echoed in Leslie, and now his son Alex, who sit firmly in the product development driving seat.
This is Dualit - no frills, no gimmicks, no compromise, just great products.
Dualit Classic Vario 2-Slice Toaster
Average rating is 3 out of 5 from a total of 10 reviews.
Top Positive Review
3 people found this review helpful.
Everyone who walks into our home is drawn to this toaster due to its retro and commercial design. This is the Rolls Royce of toasters. Follow the operating instructions and you'll have excellent even toast, each and every time. I've had one for several years and when I needed to get replacement parts, I had absolutely no trouble getting them from service center in NJ USA. They were professional and extremely helpful. The toaster is definitely worth the investment and we're exceptionally satisfied with its performance and durability. This would apply to any color in two or four slot versions.Read more » « Show less April 20, 2011 by Anonymous
Top Critical Review
4 people found this review helpful.
I would not recommend this toaster. Any parts or repair are only available for UK residents! It is not worth the steep price tag. The timer on ours started flaking out after a year and cannot get it repaired. We have to unplug it from the wall or it will not shut off. If we keep using this toaster we will burn down the house.Read more » « Show less March 10, 2011 by Anonymous
I would not recommend this toaster. Any parts or repair are only available for UK residents! It is not worth the steep price tag. The timer on ours started flaking out after a year and cannot get it repaired. We have to unplug it from the wall or it will not shut off. If we keep using this toaster we will burn down the house.
- Anonymous - customer
- March 10, 2011
Everyone who walks into our home is drawn to this toaster due to its retro and commercial design. This is the Rolls Royce of toasters. Follow the operating instructions and you'll have excellent even toast, each and every time. I've had one for several years and when I needed to get replacement parts, I had absolutely no trouble getting them from service center in NJ USA. They were professional and extremely helpful. The toaster is definitely worth the investment and we're exceptionally satisfied with its performance and durability. This would apply to any color in two or four slot versions.
I'd also recommend: other Dualit products
- Anonymous - customer
- from USA
- April 20, 2011
I love this toaster but when the cord stopped working (and the toaster is out of warranty) I went to their website and found this info: Please return the appliance to the store or retailer where purchased. We do not have any listed off-site recommended repair agents at present. If your appliance fails to operate properly, while in use under normal household conditions and within the warranty period, please return the appliance to the store or retailer where purchased. Some retailers may offer a different warranty period to the standard, please check with your retailer for details. We do have a Dualit repairs service for UK customers only. You can have the product sent in to us, boxed up with a brief description of the problem, your contact details, a return address and a copy of proof of purchase. Upon examination, if a fault is found and the item is not within warranty, a quote will be sent out for the cost of repair. Please send to the following address: Repairs Department, Dualit Ltd, County Oak Way, Crawley, West Sussex RH11 7ST Before you send any item to us, we suggest that you contact Dualit Customer Service on 01293 652 500, to discuss the nature of the fault.
I'd also recommend: Viking
- Anonymous - customer
- November 16, 2011
Toaster works great, I love that its set on a timer but you can manually check the toast to get the exact amount of toasting you want. It's not made in China like most other toasters and it shows. I suspect this will be the last toaster we own...
I'd also recommend: It's not about the brand anymore, most everything is made in China, if it is then is junk!
- Brian S - customer
- from Yarmouth Massachusetts
- February 6, 2012
Fabulous toaster! My friend had one that has lasted for over 10 years. Makes great toast.
- Anonymous - customer
- January 18, 2011