Offical Rules and Regulations
Jamaica Jazz & Blues Festival Getaway Contest 2013
Sponsored by: The Jamaica Tourist Board (“Sponsor”), 64 Knutsford Boulevard, Kingston 5, Jamaica, West Indies
NO ENTRY FEE. NO PURCHASE OR OBLIGATION NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. “Jamaica Jazz & Blues Festival Getaway Contest" begins, January 2, 2013 and runs through January 16, 2013.
- Eligibility: “The Jamaica Jazz & Blues Festival Getaway Contest," from the Jamaica Tourist Board is open only to legal residents of the 48 Contiguous, United States, who are 21 years of age or older as of the date the Contest begins (January 2, 2013), with a valid passport for travel to Jamaica, West Indies and who have entered the Contest through the accepted methods. Directors, officers and employees of the Sponsor, Zappos.com, Inc., prize companies, media partners, and their subsidiaries, affiliates, sales representatives, distributors, advertising and promotion agencies (“Released Parties”) and members of each of their immediate families (spouses, parents, children, and siblings and their respective spouses) and those living in the same household of each are not eligible. Participation in the Contest constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules & Regulations (“Official Rules”). VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- Contest Details: The Contest begins at 12:01 AM Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) on January 2, 2013 and ends at 11:59 pm EDT on January 16, 2013 (“Contest Period”):
To Enter Online: To enter, go to (insert URL for entry page on www.visitjamaica.com); or click on the banner ad and link on the home page at www.zappos.com; or watch the January episodes of “The Trend” on Zappos and click on the link mentioned at the end of the episodes during the Contest Period and follow prompts to online entry form and complete and submit official entry form.
Entry form provides space to upload a video. Only one (1) entry per person is permitted. Entrants submitting multiple entries or violating any of these Official Rules may be disqualified. By entering this contest, entrants give their express permission to be contacted by Sponsor by telephone, email and/or postal mail. If entrant chooses not to receive email promotions from Sponsor, entrant may unsubscribe at any time by contacting the Sponsor. Entries must not infringe any person’s intellectual property or other rights.
All entries must be submitted as videos of not more than one minute in length. Entries must include, and will be judged on the following criteria in equal parts:
- Entrant’s depiction of their own fashion sense and style (50%)
- Entrant’s reason for wanting to visit Jamaica and attend the Jamaica Jazz & Blues Festival (50%)
All entries will be reviewed by a panel of judges and one entry will be determined the winner. Judging panel is comprised of members of The Jamaica Tourist Board and its agencies and all will review each entry and place a score of 1-10 (10 being highest) on the scorecard. In the event of a tie, an additional judge will be brought in to review the tied entries and rate accordingly on a new scorecard. Only one entry will be determined the winner.
- Prize: One (1) Grand Prize vacation for two (2) including round-trip airfare for two from a major domestic U.S. gateway city closest to winner’s home, 4-day/3-night night all-inclusive stay at a luxury resort in Montego Bay, Jamaica (one room, double occupancy), round trip ground transfers from Montego Bay airport to the hotel and two VIP Passes for the Jamaica Jazz & Blues Festival. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $3,000.00 total Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Trip dates are valid only during the Jamaica Jazz & Blues Festival – January 24-26, 2013. Any entrant deemed Grand Prize Winner who cannot travel on these dates will be disqualified and an alternate winner selected. Trip is non-transferrable and dates cannot be extended for any reason.
- Notification of Winner: Winner will be notified on or about January 13, 2012 by telephone and/or e-mail at the number and address provided in official entry form. Winner will be required to execute and return the Prize Acceptance/Affidavit of Eligibility/Release of Liability Form within seven (7) days following notification. Travel companions will also be required to complete and return a liability/publicity release prior to travel. Both winner and travel companion agree to submit to background checks and agree that their name, biographical information, city and state of residence, voice, statements, photograph, video or other likeness can be used by “Sponsor” and its promotion partners without notice and without compensation. Winner is responsible for all applicable taxes, fees and surcharges as applied by airline and hotel. Trip must be taken on dates specified or be forfeited. Winner is responsible for all costs not specifically outlined in Official Rules including but not limited to off–property meals and beverages, greens fees, spa services, phone calls, purchases, tours, etc.
- Official Rules and Winner List: To receive a copy of these Official Contest Rules or the name of the Grand Prize Winner, send a self-addressed stamped envelope by January 31, 2013 to: Jamaica Jazz & Blues Festival Getaway Contest (Official Rules or Winner List), c/o Ruder Finn, Inc. 301 East 57th Street, NY, NY 10022 , Attn: Natalia Lopez
- Release: Entrants agree to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all liability for any damages, injury or losses to any person (including death) or property of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize or participation in any Contest-related activity or participation in the Contest.
- Sponsor: The Jamaica Tourist Board is the sole sponsor. Zappos.com, Inc. and its affiliates are not a sponsor of this Contest.