- View the Video Description for this product! (Please note that the color shown in the video may no longer be available.)
- Open toe design of the Z/1 with fresh basket weave styling.
- Soft polyester webbing dries faster than nylon and maintains a consistent fit in all conditions.
- Chaco's original pull-through strap system provides complete adjustability, while eliminating the bulk and stiffness of overlapping hook-and-loop closures.
- New lighter PU formulation makes this sandal as light as competitive products made with less durable EVA.
- Anatomic strap placement cradles the foot at the first and fifth metatarsal bones for biomechanical comfort.
- Narrower, double straps create a comfortable basket weave that delivers secure support and comfort.
- Construction guarantees a long-term relationship and eases environmental stress when re-soled.
- Chaco BioCentric™ footbed, in two widths, provides all-day comfort and controls pronation.
- Chaco's taken the most intelligent features from their Colorado and Terreno soles and built them into the new Unaweep hybrid. Lug pattern and spacing make this sole virtually self-cleaning, and with Vibram® durability, the Unaweep is ready for the trail; sand, stone, or submerged.
- BioCentric™ footbed:
- Aggressive arch support controls pronation.
- Sculpted heel cup centers the foot's natural shock absorbing pad under the heel bone.
- Heel riser increases lateral stability.
- Multiple widths ensure a proper fit.
- Heel Height: 1 in
- Weight: 12 oz
- Product measurements were taken using size 6, width D - Medium. Please note that measurements may vary by size.
Find something wrong in this description? Help us fix it! Report An Error
This item is currently unavailable, but here are some similar products
No Similar Items Available
We can't currently find any similar items for the ZX/1® Unaweep by Chaco. Sorry!
Interested in new Chaco products?
From glue bonds to stitch lines to polyurethane formulations (CHAPU™), Chaco® sandals and shoes are second to none in quality. With the ADDSTRIDE footbed technology added into their products, each shoe or sandal ensures a supported, comfortable stride in any activity and as a result, has been awarded the Seal of Acceptance by the American Podiatric Medical Association (APMA).
Chaco® children's shoes are made with the same innovative technology and ADDSTRIDE footbed that the adults shoes are. Chaco® really knows what it means to make quality children's shoes that are also fashionable and functional. Each pair is made to withstand hours of play because the ADDSTRIDE footbed delivers lasting arch support and alignment for a long and lovely ride.
Not only does Chaco® focus on the quality of their products, but also quality of life. By creating a product that outlasts the competition, and is able to repaired or resoled, Chaco® makes strides to create a product that can last as long as possible without the need to throw it in a landfill. When you put on a pair of Chaco's it should mean something—your best day, a feeling of freedom, a life of adventure. Wearing Chacos is the first step to the day’s lovely ride.
5% Full size too large
14% Half size too Large
79% True to size
1% Half size too small
1% Full size too small
93% Felt true to width
3% Felt narrower than marked
4% Felt wider than marked
86% Excellent arch support
14% Moderate arch support
0% No arch support
Chaco ZX/1® Unaweep
Average rating is 5 out of 5 from a total of 308 reviews.
Top Positive Review
5 people found this review helpful.
These shoes were brand new when I took them on a two week trip and they were comfortable from the moment I put them on. Great for walking and hiking -- and washable. I highly recommend them.Read more » « Show less September 6, 2011 by Anonymous
Top Critical Review
2 people found this review helpful.
Bought these based upon the reviews of others and thought they were extremely uncomfortable. I was able to adjust them but they hit the side of my foot in the wrong place. I even ordered a wide. I didn't mind the arch support but overall could not get comfortable in them.Read more » « Show less August 23, 2011 by Pam a
Love them. Were comfortable right out of the box. Able to adjust the straps to form to my skinny feet. Wore them hiking the next day without problems.
- Monica W - customer
- from Sin City
- April 12, 2013
I got these last summer after my friends raved about their Chacos for years, and now I know why. These have incredible arch support, are super comfortable, and after wearing them for a couple of days they really conform to your feet. I have really long skinny feet, so for the sake of style I wish they came in a narrow size. It seems like shoe manufacturers assume that if you have a big foot it must be wide, but that's just a personal gripe - it doesn't seem to affect the overall fit or comfort. These are excellent hiking sandals. I love these shoes and I live in them all summer long!
I'd also recommend: Keen
- Brandi - customer
- from Sierra Nevadas
- February 5, 2013
These shoes fit really well. Took them on a vacation without having worn them before and I my fit did not get the least bit sore even though we were walking all day. Also, they look good and yet have great traction.
- Anonymous - customer
- from Kansas city, MO
- February 2, 2013
Heavy! Wore them around the house for 2 weeks before vacation. It appears I need to put them to an outside test in the future. The Unaweep was heavy/bulky/and a mistake. The dual strapping does not adjust as well as single strap, the cross hatch bottom was likely the cause of the blisters that I experienced on the bottom of my feet. Closet addition in hopes that one of friends will love them.
Felt a half size larger than marked
Felt true to width
- Tresa S - customer
- from Las Vegas , NV
- January 19, 2013
I tried these shoes out because I was looking for a new pair sandals to wear outside and around the house. These felt very heavy. They seem to have a lot of support, but the sole of these shoes was really heavy feeling. I don't like how the straps are on these sandals. Hard to find the right fit for my weirdly shaped foot. I didn't like the material of the straps. It seemed a little too rough to be next to my foot.
- Callie - customer
- January 16, 2013