Official Sweepstakes Rules
NEW JERSEY NETS BASKETBALL
“COACH FOR A DAY SWEEPSTAKES”
OFFICIAL SWEEPSTAKES RULES
1. Sweepstakes Period. Sweepstakes begins on February 9, 2010 and ends on March 16, 2010.
2. To enter: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. Enter the “Coach for a Day Sweepstakes” (the “Sweepstakes”) by completing an official entry form online at www.Zappos.com/coachfortheday (the “Website”). To be eligible, entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. Pacific Time on March 16, 2010. The Website’s database clock will be the official timekeeper for this Sweepstakes. Limit one (1) entry per person.
To enter, you must enter a valid email address and it must be your own email address. Entries become the property of Zappos.com, Inc. (“Sponsor”). Sponsor and New Jersey Nets Basketball, LLC d/b/a Nets Basketball (the “Nets”) are not responsible for late, lost, stolen, illegible, incomplete, postage due, misdirected entries or mail or for errors in the printing of the offer, administration of the Sweepstakes or the announcement of prizes. Proof of entering information at the Website does not constitute proof of delivery or receipt.
By entering the Sweepstakes, you will automatically be entered to receive email announcements and special offers from Sponsor; however, you may always elect later to opt out of receiving such email announcements and special offers. If you opt out of receiving email messages from Sponsor, it will not decrease your chances of winning.
Failure to comply with these instructions, fill in all required fields, provide true and accurate information and abide by the Official Sweepstakes Rules will result in disqualification. By participating in the Sweepstakes each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Sweepstakes Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects.
3. Eligibility: VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. Sweepstakes open to natural persons who are legal residents and physically located in one (1) of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia (excluding Puerto Rico, all U.S. territories and possessions and all oversees military installations) and who are at least eighteen (18) years of age as of February 9, 2010. Sweepstakes is void where prohibited or restricted by law. Employees of the Nets, Sponsor, the National Basketball Association and its member teams, NBA Properties, Inc. and NBA Media Ventures, Inc. (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Entities”), and all of their advertising and promotional agencies, parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers and employees and the immediate family (spouse, parent, sibling and children) and household members (whether legally related or not) of such employees are not eligible.
4. Selection of Winners: One (1) Grand Prize Winner (the “Winner”) will be selected by Sponsor on or about March 17, 2010 in a random drawing from all eligible entries received. The potential winner will be notified within a commercially reasonable time thereafter. Entrants odds of winning will depend on the total number of eligible entries received. The potential winner will be notified by email using the email address provided at the time of entry. If a dispute arises over entitlement to a prize, the Winner is the person to whom the e-mail account was assigned by the appropriate agency, internet service provider, business, or organization. If any prize, prize notification or Sweepstakes-related communication is lost, rejected, faulty, or returned as undeliverable or if a potential winner does not make contact by the date specified in the notification, such potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate potential winner will be randomly selected, time permitting. If any potential winner is found to be ineligible, or if he or she has not complied with these Official Rules or declines a prize for any reason prior to award, such potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate potential winner will be randomly selected, time permitting.
5. Prize(s): Sponsor will award one (1) Grand Prize consisting of: a two (2) night trip for the Winner and one (1) guest to New Jersey, including: (1) a two (2) night hotel stay (one (1) room based on double occupancy); (2) roundtrip coach air transportation for the Winner and one (1) guest to New Jersey from a major commercial airport (selected by Sponsor in its sole discretion) near the Winner’s home on a major carrier that services Newark Airport, La Guardia Airport or Kennedy Airport (selected by Sponsor in its sole discretion); (3) car service between airport and hotel and to and from all scheduled events; (4) attendance at a morning practice at the Nets training facility; (5) official team training gear; (6) lunch with a Nets team executive to be selected by the Nets in its sole discretion; (7) attendance at the Nets pre-game shoot around, at which Winner will assist coaches with pre-game drills; (8) pre-game dinner in Winners’ Club restaurant at the IZOD Center; (9) two (2) premium tickets to the Nets game; (10) tour of the Nets locker room; and (11) attendance at post-game press conference. Sponsor and the Nets currently anticipate that this trip will take place in the first week of April, 2010. The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the Grand Prize is $2,800.00. “Coach for a Day” position shall be strictly honorary and Winner shall not make any material coaching or other decisions.
Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, substitute ground transportation for the airfare portion of the trip if the Winner resides within one hundred and fifty (150) miles of East Rutherford, New Jersey. The Grand Prize trip must be taken at time and flight itinerary specified by Sponsor in Sponsor's sole discretion or Grand Prize will be forfeited in its entirety and a replacement Winner will be selected by Sponsor from among the remaining eligible entries, time permitting. Sponsor shall not be responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitution or any act or omissions whatsoever by the air carriers, hotels or other transportation companies or any other persons providing any of these services and accommodations necessitated by same. All travel dates are subject to change in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Air travel and hotel accommodations are subject to availability and any changes made to either of these will be at the expense of the Winner. Winner and guest will be required to travel together on the same itinerary and be responsible for obtaining all required travel documents. Winner and guest are also responsible for obtaining travel insurance (and all other forms of insurance) at their option and hereby acknowledge that Sponsor has not and will not obtain or provide travel insurance or any other form of insurance. The Winner may be required to provide a credit card at the time of hotel check-in. Guest traveling with the Winner must be at time of Grand Prize fulfillment the age of majority in the jurisdiction in which he or she resides. If the Winner is not the age of majority in the jurisdiction in which Winner resides, he or she must be accompanied by his/her parent/legal guardian, and such person must pay his/her own expenses unless deemed to be the allotted guest. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight except at the sole discretion of Sponsor. Travel is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in this Sweepstakes, and those set forth by Sponsor’s airline carrier of choice as detailed in the passenger ticket contract. Lost, stolen or damaged airline tickets will not be replaced or exchanged. The passenger contracts in use by the airlines or other transportation companies shall constitute the sole contracts with respect to the Winner's and his/her travel companion’s transportation and such contracts shall be solely between the Winner, his/her travel companion and such transportation companies. The Sweepstakes Entities shall not be parties to such contracts and shall assume no responsibility in this connection. The Sweepstakes Entities shall not be liable for any loss, theft or damage of cash, cameras, jewelry, securities, heirlooms, negotiable papers or other valuables. If the Winner becomes disabled or cannot otherwise fully enjoy the Grand Prize travel package due to illness, Sponsor shall have the option of: (1) being relieved of liability for fulfillment of the Grand Prize award; or (2) at Sponsor's sole discretion extending the period during which the Grand Prize may be awarded, in which case certain prize components may not be available. The Winner must prove such disability by a doctor's certificate, which certificate shall be endorsed by another physician agreeable to Sponsor and Winner at Sponsor's expense. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Sweepstakes Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. The stated ARV of the Grand Prize is based on available information provided to Sponsor and the value of any prize awarded to the Winner may be reported for tax purposes as required by law.
6. Prize Conditions: Prizes are expressed in United States dollars. All federal, state or other tax liabilities (including income taxes) will be the sole responsibility of the Winner. Winner is solely responsible for any and all costs not specifically described as part of the prize. Prizes cannot be transferred, assigned or redeemed for cash. In the event of prize unavailability, any prize or any portion of any prize may be substituted for one of equal or greater value, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. The potential winner will be required to complete and return a declaration of eligibility, release of liability/publicity release within four (4) days of attempted delivery before receiving the Grand Prize. The potential winner will also be required to provide a valid, government-issued form of identification that matches the name under which the potential winner entered and to complete and return to Sponsor an IRS W-9 form with a valid taxpayer identification number or Social Security Number (for tax reporting purposes) before receiving the Grand Prize. If any of the foregoing documents are not completed, signed and returned within the stated time period, or if an entrant is found to be ineligible, or if he/she does not comply with these Official Sweepstakes Rules, the potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner will be randomly selected from the remaining eligible entries, time permitting. If any prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, this will result in disqualification and an alternate winner will be selected, time permitting. Except where prohibited by law, the Winner’s acceptance of the prize constitutes agreement for the Sweepstakes Entities to use winners’ name, biographical information, city and state of residence, voice, statements, photographs, video, and likeness for advertising and promotional purposes on a worldwide basis without further notice or compensation.
7. Sweepstakes Conditions: This Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws. By participating, entrants waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Sweepstakes or these Official Sweepstakes Rules. WINNERS AND ENTRANTS RELEASE, DISCHARGE, AND AGREE TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, AGENTS AND REPRESENTATIVES FROM AND AGAINST ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES, INJURY OR LOSSES TO ANY PERSON (INCLUDING DEATH) OR PROPERTY OF ANY KIND RESULTING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, MISUSE OR USE OF ANY PRIZE OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY SWEEPSTAKES-RELATED ACTIVITY OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES.
8. Limitations of Liability: Sponsor and the Nets are not responsible for typographical errors, late, lost, damaged, misdirected, incomplete, illegible, undeliverable or destroyed entries, problems with telephone lines, computer systems or equipment, or problems with the Internet or entrant’s connection with it. Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, hacking, deception, tampering or other unfair playing or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or the Sweepstakes Entities or employees. If for any reason this Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including but not limited to by reason of tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, computer virus, bugs, technical failure, human error or any other causes beyond the control of the Sweepstakes Entities that, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, then Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Sweepstakes and select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to the cancellation, termination, modification or suspension.
9. Claims/Choice of Law: (a) Any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (b) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than actual out-of-pocket expenses, and hereby waives all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. Except where prohibited, as a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, the prize awarded or the determination of the winner shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Sweepstakes Rules or the rights and obligations of entrant or the Sweepstakes Entities in connection with the Sweepstakes shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, without regard to its conflicts of law doctrine, and all proceedings shall take place in that State. All entrants who enter the Sweepstakes agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the state and federal courts of the State of New York and, to the extent permitted by law, agree to waive the right to a jury trial with respect to any claim or dispute with regard to any aspect of the Sweepstakes or Official Sweepstakes Rules.
10. Winner’s List: For a copy of the name of the Sweepstakes winner, send a post paid, self addressed envelope to:
New Jersey Nets Coach for a Day Sweepstakes Winners’ List
Attn: Brand Marketing
2280 Corporate Circle, Suite 100
Henderson, NV 89074
Requests must be received within thirty (30) days of the date the Sweepstakes officially ends.
11. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.