Zappos.com - Glossary Terms
In addition to offering a wide variety of shoes, clothing, handbags, accessories, and more! We strive to provide you with the best service in the industry. We feel it is our duty to not only provide you with great service, but we would also like to provide a reference guide for you to learn more about us and our industry. We are giving you the inside scoop to our company glossary so you can learn about shoes, handbags and accessories just like us. We hope this guide is useful to you and will make you feel more confident about the features that our products provide. Enjoy!
- Waterproof Leather
- Shoes that have been specifically treated to prevent the entry of water.
- Wedge Heel
- A heel which extends from the back of the shoe to the ball of the shoe, following its contour.
- A style of pull-on boots with no trim, often made of rubber for inclement weather.
- A strip of leather sewn between the insole and the outsole to create greater durability.
- Welt Pocket
- An inset pocket with a single or double outer edge.
- Wide Leg (Pants)
- A style usually associated with jeans where the entire leg portion is extra wide.
- Wing Tip
- A wing-shaped toe cap.
- Wing Tip Collar
- A formal collar that stands up a the neck and features small folded-down points.