Zappos.com - Glossary Terms
In addition to offering a wide variety of shoes, clothing, handbags, accessories, and more! We strive to provide you with the best service in the industry. We feel it is our duty to not only provide you with great service, but we would also like to provide a reference guide for you to learn more about us and our industry. We are giving you the inside scoop to our company glossary so you can learn about shoes, handbags and accessories just like us. We hope this guide is useful to you and will make you feel more confident about the features that our products provide. Enjoy!
- is a neckline that is cut in the shape of a "V".
- The front part of a shoe upper that covers the toes and part of the foot.
- Vegetable Tanned Leather
- A type of leather which has been tanned using natural materials such as bark or other plant-based components rather than chemicals.
- Vegetarian Shoes
- Shoes made from non-leather or synthetic materials.
- Registered trademark of Velcro Industries BV. Brand hook-and-loop fasteners are often used as straps to provide adjustable fits for shoes.
- is a slit on a skirt or a jacket.
- A type of durable, non-slip outsole typically found on hiking boots. Vibram is a registered trademark of Vibram S.P.A.
- Short for polyvinyl chloride (P.V.C.), vinyl is a shiny plastic often used for coating shoes.
- A man-made fiber (specifically, a type of rayon) that's derived from wood pulp cellulose.