Zappos.com - Glossary Terms
In addition to offering a wide variety of shoes, clothing, handbags, accessories, and more! We strive to provide you with the best service in the industry. We feel it is our duty to not only provide you with great service, but we would also like to provide a reference guide for you to learn more about us and our industry. We are giving you the inside scoop to our company glossary so you can learn about shoes, handbags and accessories just like us. We hope this guide is useful to you and will make you feel more confident about the features that our products provide. Enjoy!
- The rear portion of a shoe, covering the heel and sides and often joined at the back seam.
- Quarter Lining
- The lining of the rear part of a shoe, typically made from leather or fabric.
- quartz movement
- When a movement of a clock or watch is regulated by a quartz crystal battery, it is a "quartz movement" watch.
- It differs from a mechanical movement watch (also known as "automatic movement"), because the watch does not stop functioning when it is taken off by the wearer.
- The battery in a quartz watch generally needs to be replaced every 1 1/2 years- 2 years.