- View the Video Description for this product! (Please note that the color shown in the video may no longer be available.)
- Put your best running foot forward and reduce your carbon footprint in style with the Green Silence by Brooks®. Help save the planet one mile at a time!
- A lightweight racing flat with an ultrasleek profile for the environmentally conscious, competitive runner.
- Features earth friendly, all non-toxic dyes and water-based adhesives, both which are free of detrimental ingredients.
- Post-consumer recycled (PCR) polyester mesh upper provides optimum breathability.
- Low-VOC (Volatile Organic Compounds) synthetic overlays and Non-VOC suedes. VOC are chemical compounds that are common in both nature and in everyday consumer products, yet may be harmful or toxic.
- Laces, gillies, topcloth and webbing are made from 100% PCR polyester.
- Biodegradable foam collar provides plush comfort.
- PCR polyester sockliner and insole offer supple cushioning and a supportive foundation.
- BioMoGo midsole provides long-lasting cushioning and is also environmentally friendly. A natural, non-toxic ingredient was added to the original MoGo compound to encourage anaerobic microbes to feast away once the shoes are in the landfill, making it biodegradable.
- Compression Molded Process (CMP) is a no-waste midsole manufacturing method in which pellets of material are pressed together into a mold. This system requires fewer steps, less energy and more consistent results.
- Recycled rubber outsole allows for optimal traction on varied surfaces.
- Weight: 8 oz
- Product measurements were taken using size 10, width D - Medium. Please note that measurements may vary by size.
- To enhance your running workout, check out these other fine products:
Find something wrong in this description? Help us fix it! Report An Error
This item is currently unavailable, but here are some similar products
No Similar Items Available
We can't currently find any similar items for the Green Silence by Brooks. Sorry!
Interested in new Brooks products?
BROOKS® running is dedicated to delivering superior running shoes and running clothing. BROOKS® running has been responsible for some of the most significant advancements seen in running shoes today. Those innovations include the use of EVA for midsole cushioning, the development of the Diagonal Rollbar™ for stability, and the utilization of Podular Technology for outsole flexibility. BROOKS® innovation is evident in running clothes too with the use of Activent®, Power Lycra®, and way back in 1999, BROOKS® was the first company to use Dri-Release.
So when you're shopping for technically sound running shoes and running clothes, look no further than BROOKS® running. Whether you need running shoes, running apparel or running accessories, BROOKS® has got you covered so all you need to do is run.
2% Full size too large
2% Half size too Large
71% True to size
22% Half size too small
2% Full size too small
93% Felt true to width
4% Felt narrower than marked
2% Felt wider than marked
11% Excellent arch support
52% Moderate arch support
36% No arch support
Brooks Green Silence
Who is Mark H with the D-bag review. He doesn't even know what he's talking about as far as running technique goes. I'm surprised a review so pompous would even be published.
- Anonymous - customer
- December 20, 2011
I love minimalist running shoes, and found the Green Silence model when my weekly mileage got high enough to need something with more cushion than my beloved Vibrams. These fit the bill perfectly, and have proven exceptionally durable and comfortable. I would highly recommend these for anyone with a mid/forefoot strike, and especially for the barefoot/minimalist runner who wants to be able to do significant mileage on paved surfaces.
I'd also recommend: Vibram
- Drew S - customer
- from Austin, TX
- January 5, 2012
I'm training for a marathon and have tried several different minimalist options. I put these one after having to return my Saucony Kinvara's (too narrow in the forefoot) and have completed my last 3 weeks of long runs which include 12, 14, and 18 milers as well as all of the short runs & feel great in them! No hot spots, great minimalist feel, very light, & roomy enough for me in the forefoot. Can't wait to run the full 26.2 in them!
Felt true to size
Felt true to width
No arch support
- Phil V - customer
- from Charleston, SC
- February 20, 2012
This is a running shoe for elite runners only. If you are not an advanced runner, do not buy. This shoe has very little heel support, virtually no torsion control, and a no ankle support. It's a fantastic shoe for those who are long-time runners and have developed the leg muscles to run properly. The tread forces you to strike the ground in the correct manner: landing softly on the heels, rolling up to the toes slightly pronated, and pushing off with your two biggest toes on each foot. I have been running consistently for 11 years now and developed the leg strength and form to run in this shoe about 3-5 years ago. Highly recommended for anyone with this level of expertise. If you are a novice runner, or run more for fun than for speed, don't worry about buying a shoe like this. It's not necessary and can hurt your calves, shins, and knees if the muscles are not there. And, as always, Zappos sent these to me on next day business, for free. I love Zappos!
Felt true to size
Felt narrower than marked
- Mark H - customer
- October 28, 2011
...Bought these as a mid-level support shoe for training for my first marathon... I chose them based on the reviews of other distance runners (half and full marathoners) and I was absolutely satisfied. They weigh next to nothing, have had no hotspots for blisters, and provide the perfect amount of cushion without overdoing it. My first marathon is in a month and I'm going to try to wear these for the whole thing.
- Anonymous - customer
- October 19, 2011