- View the Video Description for this product! (Please note that the color shown in the video may no longer be available.)
- There is no explaining the spooky hold it will have on you once you experience the out-of-this-world cushioning of the Brooks® Ghost 5. A believer is born!
- Recently awarded "Editor's Choice" in the fall 2012 Shoe Guide of Runner's World magazine.
- Successor to the Ghost 4, SKU# 7787246.
- Built for the neutral to underpronator seeking enhanced cushioning.
- Element upper offers protection from the various elements in a lightweight, breathable mesh fabric that is made to withstand even the toughest run.
- Durable synthetic overlays.
- Plush tongue and collar for added comfort.
- Element linings are breathable and help wick away moisture to keep feet cooler and drier.
- Molded foam insole for light underfoot cushioning.
- BioMoGo midsole provides long-lasting plush in an environmentally-friendly package. A non-toxic, natural additive encourages anaerobic microbes to break it down as soon as it reaches the landfill.
- Brooks DNA is an innovative cushioning material that delivers a personalized ride to runners of all different sizes, foot shapes and speeds. Designed to work with BioMoGo, it responds to every stride dispersing impact and providing the necessary protection through pace changes.
- Full-length S-257 Cushsole midsole compound utilizes an insole board for increased cushioning and flexibility.
- Heel Caterpillar Tech crash pad helps to ensure smoother transitions.
- DRB® Accel shank-like unit promotes torsional rigidity in the mid-foot, while allowing the heel and forefoot to act independently.
- Engineered Cush Pod Configuration - Midsole and outsole components work together to set the foot into an efficient, balanced position throughout the gait cycle while maintaining cushioning and flexibility.
- Soft blown rubber forefoot material supplies light cushioning and grip.
- HPR Plus delivers long-lasting durability in high-wear areas of the outsole.
- Universal Sprung Platform enhances fit and function.
- Weight: 10 oz
- Product measurements were taken using size 8, width B - Medium. Please note that measurements may vary by size.
- To enhance your running workout, check out these other fine products:
Find something wrong in this description? Help us fix it! Report An Error
This item is currently unavailable, but here are some similar products
No Similar Items Available
We can't currently find any similar items for the Ghost 5 by Brooks. Sorry!
Interested in new Brooks products?
BROOKS® running is dedicated to delivering superior running shoes and running clothing. BROOKS® running has been responsible for some of the most significant advancements seen in running shoes today. Those innovations include the use of EVA for midsole cushioning, the development of the Diagonal Rollbar™ for stability, and the utilization of Podular Technology for outsole flexibility. BROOKS® innovation is evident in running clothes too with the use of Activent®, Power Lycra®, and way back in 1999, BROOKS® was the first company to use Dri-Release.
So when you're shopping for technically sound running shoes and running clothes, look no further than BROOKS® running. Whether you need running shoes, running apparel or running accessories, BROOKS® has got you covered so all you need to do is run.
1% Full size too large
4% Half size too Large
84% True to size
10% Half size too small
2% Full size too small
90% Felt true to width
2% Felt narrower than marked
8% Felt wider than marked
56% Excellent arch support
43% Moderate arch support
1% No arch support
Brooks Ghost 5
I have super flat feet, and I overpronate. My feet are wide, and I'm overweight, and generally, it's so hard to find good shoes that are comfortable, supportive, and don't look like grandma shoes (no offense to all of you awesome and trendy grandmothers out there). I like the look of these shoes, but the fit and comfort are beyond. The soles are created to offer support even for wide feet, which makes them feel comfy after hours on your feet. In a store I tried on an 11 (usually I get 11 Medium or 10 Wide), which felt a little long, so I ordered a 10.5, and it is a perfect fit in both length and width. I'm a total convert and am madly in love with these shoes.
- Courtney - customer
- September 17, 2012
I have plantar fasciitis and high arches with lightly wide feet. These fit great and have excellent arch support and cushioning. I owned the ghost 4 and these are an improvement. I just wish they had a few more color choices.
- Anonymous - customer
- September 9, 2012
There was no breaking in period! I loved them right away and they have really helped my plantar fasciitis!
Felt true to size
Felt true to width
Moderate arch support
- Anonymous - customer
- September 4, 2012
These are the best gym shoes that I have ever owned. I am the "Princess and the Pea" of gym shoes. Poor Zappos and lucky me because I order several pairs at a time to try on and wear around the house while deciding what might work. I always settle for shoes. I am not a runner but I take boot camp style classes and use the treadmills, ellipticals, and other machines at the gym for cardio. I normally struggle to get through 30 solid minutes because my toes go numb, my feet are screaming, etc. I put inserts in every pair of gym shoes that I have ever owned. I literally took these out of the box and said "I am keeping these!" And headed straight to the gym! I am athletic in that I work out six days a week but am heavy on my feet. I always feel like I need support/cushioning and that my feet move around a lot in some shoes. These encase my feet in solid supportive happiness. They provide the best arch support and solid cushioning that I have ever had. Please, make these forever Brooks! I usually wear size 8 shoes and 9 in most gym shoes but these are a small 9 in my opinion and perfect if you are in between 8½ and 9 like me for athletic shoes.
I'd also recommend: Nothing Compares
- Anonymous - customer
- from Chicago, IL
- February 4, 2013
I got these a couple of weeks ago and I love them. I call them my "magic sneakers" because running has been so great with them. I have bought Brooks before and always liked them but something always felt a little "off" with my running shoes (other brands too) until I realized I was buying the wrong kind. I took the "wet test" and realized I am a neutral/normal runner and not a supinator like I always thought. Once I realized that and found descriptions and reviews for neutral shoes with good cushioning I chose the Ghost -- consistently excellent reviews and high customer satisfaction. It has been the easiest transition back into running I have ever experienced. Go get yourself some!
- Amanda - customer
- from Reston, VA
- August 8, 2012